2021-02-18 03:31:41

I push my eyes, use to rock but I've kind of gotten better at not doing that.

Sound designer and music producer.

2021-02-18 03:57:27

The shitty thing is that do to my glaucoma, my eyes have allot less fluid pressure now, meaning that I have the zombified hollow eyes BS going against me even though I don't press them.

2021-02-18 07:53:54

I got the talk about how pressing on your eyes makes them look sunken when very young so dodged that bullet. Even now, if I have to rub my eye for some reason, I'm careful to use barely any pressure. Also got lucky that I only developed a habit of rocking when sitting in a rocking chair or on a swing or something. Though I do almost feel uncomfortable when I need to sit on something that can't rock. When I heard about blind people rocking back and forth all the time, I tried it to see what the appeal was and found it uncomfortable. I do have a bad habit of messing with my beard constantly if I don't keep it trimmed; caught myself doing it unconsciously while writing this post.

2021-02-18 12:53:27

I don't have any problems with robbing my eyes, I never did it before. However, it seemns I rock...quite a lot if I'm not deliberately concentrating towards not doing it which, sometime, can be quite impossible due to the fact the conversation might go too fast and I can be too involved in it to leave any room for thoughts...that's when it happens. Then I get one of those weird moments where I'm happily speaking to someone, sighted most of the time, then the conversation suddanly stops and the other person askes me if everything is all right. Then, I kinda go huh what? Only then do I realise I'm rocking.
So guys, what would you recommend to help me stop this rocking business once and for all, it kinda creeps even me out at some point, when someone shows me how hard I do it or something. So, any advice at all?
sorry in advance for any typos and whatever, typing on the phone.

2021-02-18 13:22:49

I used to do both as a kid, but my mum attached to bells to me, which stopped me from rocking, and I was told not to poke my eyes, and sort of grew out of it.

Interestngly though, if I'm tired and thinking, I very occasionally find myself leaning with my hand on my eye, which is what I used to do.

Also, to all those saying "I only do it where nobody else can see me"... Yeah, I've got a mate who does that, but everyone still knows he does it, also, he didn't realise the front door to the house was see through. Got a shock when the person who dropped him off texted to ask if he was having some kind of fit.

If you can, it's best to find another way of releasing stress, especially as common habits always become second nature, so best make those common habits ones you're happy to inadvertently share with the world.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2021-02-18 13:24:21

Also, as a sort of addendum to this, I was bricking it when I first got semi forced to dance. "Do what feels natural" they said. "Just let yourself go" they said. "Move in time with the music" they said... Pretty sure that's what I'd spent so long training myself not to do haha.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2021-02-18 14:15:21

this is the lack of vision, how a person who sees receives stimuli from his vision, and is literally seeing all the time.

for the brain to compensate for this in a person who cannot see, these are manias, that is to say, shaking and squinting.

the brain leaves you not absent from things, for someone who cannot see it is complicated.

anyway, i will ask my teacher for an explanation tomorrow, she knows a lot about this syndrome

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2021-02-18 22:18:16 (edited by Mayana 2021-02-18 22:19:01)

I don't recall ever having a huge rocking problem, but I have to guiltily admit that I had a lot of trouble with pushing my eyes in as a child. My family would warn me whenever they saw it, but it still took a while for me to grow out of it. I was a dumb child; and that's saying something, considering how dumb kids are on average.
Now, when I ask, people of course say my eyes look normal, but people say all sorts of things, so I tend to just discount their opinion if not negative enough. tongue They feel sunken in to me, and I definitely have trouble with far too much sunlight coming in in-between the sunglasses and my face. So ... I am probably one of those sunken-in-eyes zombies, as well.
So no, it doesn't go away. Once the damage is done, it's done for ever. And wearing shades indoors, without a doubt, looks just as, if not even more so. Please, learn from my mistakes, not yours.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2021-02-18 23:34:12

My eyes are a bit sunken, people say. But not by much, and i got out of the habit. i remember how a few years back my parents managed to not make me do this stupid habit for a year and it really improved the look. or at least this is what they said.

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-02-18 23:35:17

Your family and friends will lie to you, you need external opinions from people who don't know you.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-18 23:58:27 (edited by Lucas1 2021-02-18 23:58:43)

Go on one of those subreddits where you can post a picture of yourself and people will give you opinions. You will certainly get honest opinions there. Of course, that's assuming you're willing to post a picture of yourself online randomly, but I guess you could create a throwaway to do that. I don't need to do that though, I know my eyes are fucked.

2021-02-19 02:53:04

well I have been doing the same thing. no rocking though

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg