2021-02-16 21:49:01

Most of it is I've been playing for so long that I just know. Others may do it differently but I max the attack stat first and then speed. by the time you get to level 100 you have 20 trains left over for whatever. If it's something like Maustodon or Garganchan or something that's not superfast, I'll max health after I've maxed strength and not even touch speed. If it's not either of those then it's probably something that gets a mix of physical and special moves and I split points between strength and magic.

2021-02-17 01:48:28

Shit, sorry. lol I was... fairly preoccupied. So catching up on the topic, looks like you've got things fairly in hand? Or are you still missing some.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2021-02-17 02:24:30

Nope, everything's fairly in hand. The only thing I don't have is Unicloud. I can get that on my own if I need to. I mean, if you've got one with really good stats that's just lying around, I'll pounce, but otherwise I'm not too worried.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-02-17 05:16:14 (edited by Shadowcat 2021-02-17 05:22:23)

Fraid not, I haven't actually played with that one very much. Best I have is one with fairly average stats all around, but remarkable defense and special attack. Would make a good starting point to breed from, though. Though if I'm being honest, I'm not sure how I feel about that learnset... some nice coverage, but split attackers bug me.
I mean, technically I suppose you could always run lightning bolt and lunar cannon? But lightning bolt is just... let's not. lol

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2021-02-17 07:05:32

Will definitely be using it as a split attacker, just like Ursinearator. That's deliberate. I didn't take the best I could find; I deliberately set this team up. I'll get through the game with it, absolutely no problem there, but none of the members are true winners. Bombusect is decent. Marlaunt is meh. Frenrir is decent. Pegastorm is meh. Ursinearator is meh. Squarpha is decent going on good, probably the best of the bunch, and that's not saying much.
Fun fact: between Squarpha and Marlaunt, I will have Stifle and Restrain. Didn't I hear that if you do that to some bosses, it makes them start using Final Endeavour or whatever?

2021-02-17 07:24:11

What's your usual team that you go threw the game whith? it's interesting to hear other peoples teams.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-17 09:36:11

To save you losing ten minutes of your life that you'll never get back by digging through my post history, I'll just say this much.
I've beaten this game something like thirteen times now. Maybe more. I've done theme teams (based on types, based on characters from books). I've done challenge teams (i.e., use only a group of four for the whole game, or only using manamon that I know are especially bad). I've never done a nuzlocke, but only because I think that idea is ridiculous in a game as ultimately random as this one (all the random misses and OHKO stuff and bosses that do stupidly overpowered things sometimes makes a nuzlocke unappealing to me, even though it's doable). I've also just used my favourites, too. A short list of my favourites specifically from manamon 2, in no particular order: Sirenea, Mightauras, Volanteril, Fowlusion, Wavotamus, Lantlare, Sylphantom, Symphonid, Mantasteel, Angillish, Maustadon and Bamboustica. Obviously I can't use all of those on one team, and some are better than others (looking at you, Maustadon) but they appeal to me, so sometimes I'll stick one or two on a team for fun.
Short answer: I don't have a standard playthrough team. I know what's good and what's not. I know the types that do best in the main game and I know how to absolutely crush virtually anything in the game. I was the dude who figured out that a Mightauras can damn near beat Pierre in the postgame all by itself, if you play carefully. Not saying I recommend the strat, but it works. Also, Fowlusion can pretty much wreck Hyper Tarboo, just as another example, since the only thing which will cause Fowlusion to take big damage is Audio Blast (immune to Earthquake, resists Storm Rush). Pity Hyper Tarboo doesn't also have Freeze Ray and/or Beyond Bolt and/or Dessicate Beam, or something like that, for better coverage. Would make the fight harder, that's for sure.

Actually, the hardest thing about this playthrough I've launched is that four members of my team are already level 25, which means if they gain even a single level, they're going to become unruly and difficult to control when I face the second stadium.

2021-02-17 09:55:57 (edited by titan_of_war 2021-02-17 10:26:50)

Will you be wrighting a gide for manamon2?. Now this has probibly bin asked too many times/ but some parts i think you wouldn't half to rite. i don't no like the manamon that were already in manamon1. or mabey not just a gide even, i would be very happy with just a list of all the manamon or something like that. how good they are, or whatever. that's what i'm mainly looking for rite now. oh and the transformations o fthough's manamon. some of the manamon you put in the list i've never seen before. or mabey i have. i don't no.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-17 10:11:15

As per the unruly thing, that doesn't kick in if you already have them and they go past 25. If I were to have given you my level 26 Mortrex, you wouldn't be able to use it until you beat the second stadium. If you level those 25s before you beat the second stadium, you're still good. If you leveled it to 26, then traded it away and then got it back, it wouldn't obey you until you beat the second stadium. That's how that works.

2021-02-17 18:00:23

Oh, good stuff. I actually didn't know that.

And no, I will not be writing a guide of any kind for this game. I've already given it more than enough press. lol

2021-02-17 23:39:01 (edited by bryant 2021-02-17 23:45:13)

one of the reasons I love Mantasteel so much is because of it's many, many resistances. I believe it's only week to 2 things, fighting and flame, which it has a double weakness to. For those curious, here are all of Mantasteel's resistances:
Plant, double resistance
Magic, double resistance
dragon
Insect
Ghost
Undead
Shadow
Holy, double resistance
Standard
Completely immune to poison because of steel typing
Sound, double resistance
Steel
Wavotamus, on the other hand, literally has one weakness, and that is plant. You aren't going to find many Manamon who have only 1 weakness, barring pure standard types which there are very few of.
Mightauras  is yummy, enough said.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2021-02-18 01:23:42

I think Mantasteel is also weak to air, although it shouldn't be. Honestly, steel should resist air, but it doesn't, at last check.

2021-02-18 01:36:35

hmm, my type effectiveness says that steel resists air, so I think it is only neutral to air since insects have a weakness to it.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2021-02-18 02:06:15

Isn't manta steal part insect too though?

― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-18 03:02:15

Yes. What he's saying is that insect being weak to air, and steel resisting it, cancel each other out. That is how it's supposed to be, but I feel like I used air attacks on Remullion, which is steel-fighting and should be neutral to air, only to have it hit super-effectively. This might have been in a prior version, or I could just be nuts. Or it's possible that this is another bug that needs fixing. Frankly, I don't know.

2021-02-18 11:40:34

I can't speak to how it might have been, but then I just don't remember seeing anything that seemed off. As for the current version, it does neutral damage as you'd figure it would.