2021-02-18 10:10:45

Hello all.
As the title says, I need some rather urgent assistance for a project that I am working on, which is due to be completed within a week. Essentially my main problem lays in how to go about making audio pan, both in a horizontal and vertical fashion, in audacity. With what I’ve been able to find on the internet, the envelope tool should take care of my panning issues, at least as far as horizontal panning is concerned. However, after some experimentation in Audacity itself, I was unable to figure out how to use the tool, and as far as I’m currently aware, it is either inaccessible, or I’m just not getting how you’re supposed to use it .If this tool isn’t accessible, is there a work around in the form of a plugin, or if it is usable, how do you work with it?
Secondly, I would like to find a way how I could simulate audio moving in a vertical fashion, for example an elevator descending from the top of the stereo field down to the bottom. I don’t think that there is a way how I can accomplish this in standard audacity, so if you guys could point me to a plugin which can help me achieve this, that would be very much appreciated.

Hit up my YouTube Channel at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC9wWO … R85ILY1VQ/
Their you'll find some gaming videos, and what ever els my confused mess of a brain decides to upload. Hope you enjoy it and Stay safe, folks.

2021-02-18 10:22:15

hello,
you can make autopans with this plugen
about panning in 3d there are tools for that, but they will not make autopan, which means they just pan the selected audio to somewhere in the 3d feald and that's it, the best of these tools, for audacity is ambio orbet

2021-02-18 10:37:26

what ever i do that plugin is not working here lol

2021-02-18 11:15:48

which one?

2021-02-18 12:57:13

ambio orbit, it simply crashes what ever i'M using, reaper, goldwave what ever you load it to

2021-02-18 13:20:01

@5 that is weerd. have you tryed redownloading it?

2021-02-18 17:08:30

You won't be able to do this in Audacity, because in order for this to work, what you need is something called automation. That is, changing a parameter of a track or plugin over time. Yes, you should be able to use Sennheiser's Ambeo Orbit in Audacity, but where you set it is where it stays. Also, since Audacity is a destructive editor, the changes that you make will be baked into the audio.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-03-06 09:59:00

Hi folks, apologies if this is a rather obvious question, but I tried installing Dear VR Micro to be able to simulate 3D audio, and I’m having some trouble with using it. I’ve ran the provided .exe file, installed the thing, cracked open Audacity, and realized that I’ve got no clue how the plugin is meant to work with Audacity. To clarify, I didn’t see the plugin appear in either the enabled effects list, or the menu to enable new plugins. The Manual for the plugin just instructs to run the EXE file, and then you’ll be able to apply VR micro’s effects. Is it a case that the plugin just can’t be used with Audacity, or am I just not getting how this is meant to work?

Hit up my YouTube Channel at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC9wWO … R85ILY1VQ/
Their you'll find some gaming videos, and what ever els my confused mess of a brain decides to upload. Hope you enjoy it and Stay safe, folks.