2021-02-17 09:08:46

Good evening...
I was fooling around today, and I figured I'd make this little project. Ever since I made it, it makes me smile every time without fail, so I hope you guys like it. Here is the link to the remix, and I also have the midi file if you guys want me to send it over. I used Reaper and a VST called "Montag NES VST 1.2" to make this. Enjoy!

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-02-17 17:52:52 (edited by Kitsune 2021-02-17 17:55:05)

Could you explain how you doing this? I could never really understand how to play midi files in reaper.
Also, it’s pretty awesome! I love the key that you choose. by the way.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-02-17 18:39:31

I mostly used the Reaper Midi Editor to make this, although part of it was recorded live. It’s all quantized though. I’m not really sure how to explain how to use the midi editor, but I’m sure there’s guides for using it on the Reaper Accessibility Wiki. Thanks for the compliment by the way.

TWITCH

2021-02-17 23:22:29

Dan_Gero wrote:

I mostly used the Reaper Midi Editor to make this, although part of it was recorded live. It’s all quantized though. I’m not really sure how to explain how to use the midi editor, but I’m sure there’s guides for using it on the Reaper Accessibility Wiki. Thanks for the compliment by the way.

oh. I know how to use the midi editer, but when I import a midi, it doesn't play. how did you get that to work?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-02-17 23:25:00

You have to put a VST on the track(s) that you put the midi on. Reaper doesn't have it's own instruments so you have to add VSTs manually.

TWITCH

2021-02-18 00:06:44

Reaper comes with VSTs, but you do need to apply them to the MIDI, same way as you would do on an empty VST track, so that's f.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-02-18 01:46:35

Lol thx

2021-03-03 11:02:49

you could try to do a remix of the battle against the megasaurus and the battle against the ultra gaki shonen, the one who invades the house of analysis madman, aaa.  in fact, good job!  was it just me, or has anyone else imagined bk1 with all the 8-bit rpg-style sound effects like zelda II, phantasy star from the master system, or the castlevania III sounds from nes?  aaa, it was going to be another experiment, attack with the whip, and hear the sound of Trevor belmont's whip.  it would be funnier to hear the sounds of the 8-bit character, only those who have heard a voice recorded on an 8-bit console know what I'm saying

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...