2021-02-17 18:34:16

As posted to the GMA Games mailing list:

The first game is GMA Music Mixup.
Music Mixup is similar to the traditional "Fifteen Puzzle" but using music rather than numbered tiles. Music Mixup can be configured to be a three by three square all the way up to a nine by nine square. You can use the sample song included, or you can use your own MP3 songs.  
By sliding one or more tiles vertically or horizontally, your goal will be to arrange the song back into its original order leaving an empty space at the bottom right of the square.
This game can be played by people who are sighted or visually impaired. Sighted people can use a mouse if they prefer. 
You can download the game from
http://www.GMAGames.com/GMAMusicMixup10002.exe
Or if you prefer, the ZIP file can be downloaded from 
http://www.GMAGames.com/GMAMusicMixup10002.zip
The second game is GMA Home Poker.
It was inspired by those poker nights when a group of people get together for an evening of dealer's choice poker at someone's home. This is a single-user stand-alone game, but your opponents, one to six bots, each have their own playing style, and are eager to take your poker chips.
To start, you must create a table. You'll be asked questions such as with how many bots would you like to play, what is the maximum bet, how much is the starting ante, and so on. This information you entered lasts for the life of the table.  Your opponents individual betting style will continue for the life of the table as well. Part of the challenge is to determine your opponents'     betting style so that you can determine if they are bluffing, being aggressive, using intelligence in their game play, or willing to take risks.
When playing, you must select a game before the start of each hand. Examples of the types of games are Kings and Little Ones, Texas Holdem, Seven Card Stud, but there are  many others. The player, whether it be human or bot, with chips left and the end is considered the winner, but there are other ways to decide who wins.
The game can be downloaded from
http://www.GMAGames.com/GMAPoker10008.exe
Or if you prefer, the ZIP file can be downloaded from
http://www.GMAGames.com/GMAPoker10008.zip
These games are in prerelease, but out of beta. They should soon be found on our web site. Fee free to pass them around.
Have fun!
Regards,
David Greenwood

2021-02-17 18:45:41

Whoa! Welcome back David. Good stuff!

2021-02-17 19:04:27

Well, not my cup of tea but it is free so yeah, nothing against that even, if it is not moving the audio gaming scene further. smile
I hope people will find that interesting enough!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-02-17 19:17:37

nice

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-17 19:22:58

awesome, I thought GMA games stopped working

2021-02-17 19:43:03 (edited by defender 2021-02-17 19:44:53)

Kinda boring in terms of concept, but also nice because it improves on similar previous games!  And it's free, so how can I really complain?  Thanks for the work David.

2021-02-17 20:42:40

music mixup gives you all sorts of runtime errors, I didn't even get to playing it because it kept erroring when I pressed one key out of line like, if you press space bar as the intro song plays, runtime error. Try to change songs to a different mp3 file like its ays you can do? You can select your tile size and then you get a different error.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-02-17 22:17:36

And this on the day that my new laptop arrives. Cool.
I personally won't be playing these, but glad to see he's still around.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2021-02-18 00:11:02

just had a play with the poker. pretty good although maybe speeding up the dealing could be an option. would love it if there was a version that could be played online against friends though. maybe with people running their own servers?

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2021-02-18 00:38:13

This is really amazing.

Although I wish we can configure the bots manually instead of the values being randomly chosen, or at least we should be able to see the AI attributes before the start of the game.
Right now I think the only way to see them is when you win the table or lose.

I still can see myself playing this for hours though. I still play some games from the gma cards from time to time and it's really good for just some relaxing time.

2021-02-18 01:52:09

Pontes sound puzzle existed for several years, unless this has some major difference.
Always cool to get a new release though, Poker game is cool I suppose.

2021-02-18 02:41:07

the difference between sound puzzle and music match is that sound puzzle is just left to right, you just pick up and swap until the song is finished, whereas this is the standard 15 slide puzzle, which is a lot harder to solve because you have to move pieces both up/down/left/right in order to move the blank space to the bottom. It's a pity that it gives so many errors, because I actually really like the mental exercise of solving the slide puzzle, and I've never tried solving a really big one like the 9 by 9 puzzle the game was offering.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-02-18 08:47:33

Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-02-18 11:21:36 (edited by Werner_Katz 2021-02-18 11:29:14)

Hi Guys,

I've tried to play this music game from GMA Games but the Game  detects an Error. Error91: Object variable or With block variable not set. What can I do? I would like to play that Game.
This Game sounds interesting.

Best regards

Werner Katz

I like to meet new People.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/katzwerner?lang=de

2021-02-18 20:50:03

I like Music Mixup but it does have a lot of errors and is picky about what song you use.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2021-02-18 21:20:41

The one I see the most is that you can't press anything until after the intro logo is over.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-19 00:51:28

@5 I did too

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.