I have yet to experience admin lead run though. I want to. My left hand's gonna be disabled because of surgery in like two something days and I'll probably miss fully playing the mud. I can't play effectively with one hand blah.
I need to find resources about the actual table top that make sense to someone without table top experience. I'm picking up on some of the lore just by being around it, but I feel like for a character to truly fit in, the person playing them needs to be immersed in the lore.
Wake me up when the world has unfucked itself
Is time really linear?
You can find me on discord: ironcross#8090, though I don't know why you'd want to.
I'm loving improved invis and spells. Learned the hard way do /not/ pull a gun in the Knight Center. That was a fun time. See scope. Dead. Derp...
Also, gridguide is hela useful. The wiki's got a ton of places so I'm changing up the gridguide
I gave up already, people get triggered over the simplest of things, the crazy snow flakes just misunderstand me and always expect someone to have bad intentions or something. The attitudes of some people there just put me off the game. I can't play a game and have nice convos ooc when people just get triggered and wanna mute me over the simplest of unintentional remarks.
I have been so sheltered in my friend circle that I haven't realised how the society degrades, damn.
so i created a char but it made me an ork why can't i change it to an elf? is there a way to? i chose adept cause it sounded cool but it automatically jmade me an ork which kind of pissed me off i want to beable to choose my race. any help is appreciated.
I still haven't yet been able to be up making the pack because of my injured hand but heh.
#107 (edited by blindndangerous 2021-02-15 00:11:44)
No worries Mata, let that heal first. Glad that this mud seems to be taking off and pretty quickly too. The discord is full of cool people as well.
can anyone recommend point placements for shaman in custom creation advanced.
#109 (edited by JaceK 2021-02-15 03:17:18)
That's with priorities. I've earned enough to max my stats. Working on 125k for my third inititiation, then gonna work on souping up my SUV with weapons to teach them go gangers a leson
EDIT: Went coyote for totem, too. I was torn on that vs polecat. Coyote won cause of the writeup
EDIT: General shaman tips that work for me...
1. Talk to folks. Get foci ASAP. You can buy a car once you're in the game fairly fast. Max negotiation skill since foci are /expensive/
2. Get improved invis and put it on a sustaining foci, that way you're not being hit with penalties while it's on, and for me most of the time, it's on. People/mobs need ultrasonic gogles or to be perceiving to see you
3. Stunbolt is useful, though I've heard that decreases over time
4. Pick a totem that fits how you play
5. Farming cash/gear as a shaman is super easy. Go invis, cast stunbolt/manabolt at at force 6 and within 1-2 casts it'll take things down to mortally wounded so they die regardless unless they get help
6. Put /all/ your dice in drain. Remember the power foci I said earlier? Keep that activated, and use those dice for drain. For example, I currently have 7 basic dice. and with the power foci. Three more. So I put all 10 in drain and rarely suffer much and if I do I can stun enemies with low drain spels. Or I can lower the damage on my spells.
7. Astral projection is incredbily god for scouting. You can astral combat dual nature beings if you set your drain pool right. I have died to this and know to wel how it goes.
8. Spirits for shamans are good. I've taken to sending a spirit in to distract a mob and keep them fighting rather than fight me. Of course, this works well if the mob in question can't one shot them
9. Get armor at force 6. Put that on, plus your armor, and arm guards, and a helmet. And improved invis. You can literally walk into a gang teriitory, not fire a shot, take out gangers, loot their stuff, and get out without being noticed. Or in my case, stroll through the top floor of the Aztech pyramid and not get challenged once.
You do need /some/ weapon skills though. I suggest either shotguns or asault rifles. Shotguns hit hard. Assault rifles can work up to deadly at full autoomatic
And last tip...
Flamethrower is a fantastic damage over time attack on mobs. On players, not so much
okay so how many points did you put in each like magic you got hte full thirty i get that but how many in skills atributes and resources? I'm also looking for same sort of things for an adept since i keep fucking my build up. lmao. any help is apreciated.
Here's the spells I started with and foci. It's, I think, a decent starter set if you want to go Coyote shaman, but it could be improved...
Flamethrower 3 (later upped to 6 buying a formula in Portland but 3 is good to start)
Clout 3 (useful for offing downed enemies)
Armor 6 (incredibly good, I can get 15 balilistic/15 impact armor)
Improved invis 3 (majorly useful)
Stealth 1 (useful too)
Mindlink 1 (rarely use it but it's there in case I wanna do mind to mind chatter)
Assault rifles 6
Spell Design 6
Driving/car 2 (addeed driving/truck 2 later on)
Stealth skill at rank 3 (probably can skip this if you got the spell and improved invis)
Street etiquette (neded for buying stuff else you don't pay more)
The oracalcum bracelet foci is the only one I got from chargen. I went with an M23 with an improved vent iv, smart shades with thermavision and some starting clothes.
After that I'm slinking around the sprawl causing havoc
#112 (edited by JaceK 2021-02-15 15:37:02)
I maxed int/will and put the rest into qui/strength as well, so it should be 6/6 for int/will then rest of the points into strength and quickness in that order, so you can cary more. Get a backpack ASAP to hold more stuf too.
spool 0 your max dice 0 for setting your drain spell pool, that's a huge huge one. So when you get your int/will maxed, that's going to be 0 6 0 for spool, which is casting, drain, defense. Magic types are the ultimate offense, realy
Bond the bracelet (the sustaining 3 one) you geot to improved invisibility and learn where to grab a replacement one if it gets damaged or destroyed, or befriend magic types and see if they can sell you or give you foci
EDIT: 6/6 max int/will is for elves. It'll differ per race. Lok at the one you want on help maximums first and go with that. Elves are a good solid pick for magic, though humans are your middle of the road character, but elves get Portland all to themselves pretty much with some neat stuff there
so i bond the bracelet with improved invis? right?
Yep, correct. Then wear it and cast improved on yourself, the bracelet sustains it. Which means short of dual natered beings/those with ultrasonic shades/goggles, you're pretty much safe.
Oh and for the M23. Smartlink, gasvent IV and a foregrip, if I didn't mention the foregrip/smartlink already but I'm tempted to maybe switch to a laser sight
i got a laser sight and smart link didn't get foregrip yet but i can get one someplace i'm sure
#116 (edited by goran 2021-02-16 21:58:50)
I can't connect for some reason, I enter my user name and password, then I get a message about the game being temporarily restricted. Does anyone know what's going on?
Edit: It's fixed now.
At the time you posted that yeah, there was a giant bug that was eing murdered that broke things. Needless to say things are working as of right now. Lucien is good like that