2021-02-08 19:54:51

This is a game that has become more accessible recently.
In this game you plant different types of plants. The game is like a grid, so you start at 0 0 and come to 4 4. Each tile is a spot for a plant. You can press enter on each tile to see what is on it, but you have to go to the bottom of the page to do this.
The first step of the mini-tutorial is a bit tricky though. The simplest way to do this is to press on every tile. Watch the "seeds" space, if you have 10 of these you can plant your first crop.
Link is:
https://lodev.org/etherealfarm/

2021-02-08 20:36:22

waaaaaa, this is what I am looking for!

2021-02-08 20:42:33

where do we even start?
"click to get some"
click where

2021-02-08 21:01:29

hAs any figrued out whether we can use the shortcut keys, and if so, how to do it in chrome/brave. So happy I have one farming game. smile Keep them coming.

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-02-08 21:12:43

I don't really know any shortcut keys.
@3: This is the first step of the tutorial i was talking about in the first post. Unfortunately we don't know where those "ferns" are, so you have to click on every tile (0 0 to 4 4). If you have more than 10 seeds, you can start planting crops on those tiles.

2021-02-09 11:15:43

Okay I had a quick look at this one.
I tried clicking all the tiles and was told I gathered some seeds, accept then I was told to gather more seeds, (I don't like the way all the tips stay at the bottom and there are no landmarks, but hay).
However, then I was told to click to plant a seed, clicked tile zero zero, and was told to go gather seeds again, so I'm not sure if the planting happened or not.

I suspect with this, you really need proppper labels on the farm tiles, or at least a log of what happens when you click each tile, otherwise your basically playing poke and hope all the time, especially considering the game has no handy headings, buttons,  or other landmarks.

it might be worth contacting the developer and seeing if they could give you a better log of what is happening in each tile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-09 13:49:53 (edited by Warcat 2021-02-09 13:51:43)

@6:
Planting works like this:
*Light Spoilers ahead*
- Click on a tile, for example 0 0
- Go to the bottom of the page
- You should see

watercrest
costs 10 seeds

- click on "costs 10 seeds"
you should now see
"planted watercrest. consumed 10 seeds. next cost X seeds.
This is the log. you'll see what you just planted and other things like upgrades bought and plants "deleted".
Edit: Watercrests are "short-lived". You can see how long they last if you click on the tile again after you planted something. This will also give you some kind of description, like how long it will last and what it does (gives/consumes resources etc)

2021-02-09 14:12:33

this is a rather addicting game. It took some getting used to, but now that I've got the hang of it, I really want to unlock everything and see what else it has to offer.
With that being said, Field labels, showing what seeds are planted on them right now, as well as the ability to use the hotkeys to plant things quickly would go a long way of making this game more enjoyable.

2021-02-09 20:48:34

Agreed

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-02-09 20:50:42

what is 00 to 4 4? I see nothing like it big_smile

2021-02-09 20:52:56

@10: it shound say "field tile 0 0". I think these are coordinates that go from 0 0 to 4 4. I read somewhere that you can upgrade the size of the field, but haven't gotten to this part yet.

2021-02-09 20:54:40 (edited by Dakonna 2021-02-09 20:55:05)

There's a reddit and a discord for the game. Maybe some people can go poke the dev on there for some accessibility fixes? It sounds to me like it's mostly down to labeling stuff right. Nothing game changing.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-02-11 09:06:46

i am having trubble with this game i click the  lets call it a grid name. then i click the seed count lets say 10 seeds, then i get one seed but i cant get an more so i wunder what i am doing rong. i think this needs a guide or walkthrough or better labeling wood be best.

2021-02-11 21:15:58

Screenreader fixes were just added.

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-02-12 09:50:56

fantastic, now the game is much more enjoyable! IT's kinda annoying to always hear not pressed, but that can be fixed by only navigating with b. Also adding headings to the currently focused tab and to the lower part where all those  upgrades are makes things slightly more convenient.

2021-02-13 17:18:45

People, We have made good. After contacting dev everything will be maybe accessible.
I have noticed some changes in this game and those changes are very good.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2021-02-14 08:58:29

Wow, the dev has done a great job with this one, and yee gods! the amount of information which was previously unavailable is sort of staggering big_smile.

I do slightly wish there weren't dialogues every time you had to check time and resources or plant, since I have to go and find them just above summary, and obviously shift clicking to quick plant doesn't work with NVDA, but this is only a miner annoyance.

It also seems a bit odd that the upgrades are perminantly displayed at the bottom whether you click on the upgrades tab or not, but hay! this is the sort of farming sim I think a lot of people have been looking for, and much credit to the developer for doing such a great job so quickly, especially with a game which has at least a vaguely spacial aspect to it, EG crops getting bonuses according to being planted vertically or horizontally next to other crops.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)