2021-02-11 23:22:35

Hello!
I wish to remind you warmly that the Zhengdu Screenreader Open Class is happening tomorrow (12TH of February, 2021 at 5:00 P.M. UTC). I sincerely invite all of people who are interested in the screenreader to join, as well as invite other interested people.
The class will happen on Twitch, at the following URL.
https://twitch.tv/zdsrinternational.
You are kindly welcome to propose changes, ask questions, suggest features and concerns, ETC. I also plan on doing the giveaway that I originally planned a week after the launch of the online edition of the program.
I hope to see all of you on board!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-02-12 16:50:20

i still don't get it. it has no more pros than nvda, and it+'s paid, and not open sourced, so what is such a reason to get it, if nvda has a bigger compatibility with programs?

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-02-12 17:19:20

@gorvachov13
Actually it has many more features than NVDA, yet it's cheaper than JAWS, so.

2021-02-12 17:29:15

@2 Bigger compatibility? WHat do you mean?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2021-02-12 17:30:20

The best edition of the online edition of the software costs $26.

2021-02-12 18:22:52

with 25 euros can I buy it? I don't know what the current exchange rate is from euro to dollar.

Manamon trainer

2021-02-12 18:27:06

stupid question really, but is there any english site so i can see what features it has, also, is this in english, i'v ejust heard that it's not that good, that is all.

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-02-12 18:48:29

The English version is available. I am working on the English website, but it is taking some time. Today I will talk much about the features and the like.
@Lupus
United States Dollar
equals
Euro

2021-02-13 03:22:29

just saying, but can you make an archive with the classes and stuff available as well? I am just curious to see how it behaves...and as it didn't work on my windows vm...

2021-02-13 07:24:11

Yeah an archive would be amazing, I sadly couldn't make it do to classes.

2021-02-13 15:35:57

Hi @nuno, how can I buy it? And how can I add the Spanish language to the translator that this reader has?

Sorry my english

Manamon trainer

2021-02-13 19:39:01

@9 / @10, I am working on uplaoding.
@11, contact me at [email protected]

2021-02-13 20:19:25

would be nice to have an article I could read about what makes this screen reader great,namely what advantages it has over NVDA. this thread doesn't inspire any confidence for me, since it just links to a stream I don't currently have the time to watch. I don't like video presentations anyway. Imuch prefer articles, since I can read through them much faster than to sit through a live presentation. not trying to be negative, just honest. I am genuinly interested in what it has to offer and open that it might be better than NVDA, but need infrmation that can be digested more quickly than a stream.

2021-02-14 03:21:51

anything about that archive yet? twitch says that the content is unavailable.

2021-02-14 10:18:05

Wait, please wait. This was the first time I did something like that and I of course failed in some areas.

2021-02-14 12:56:08

@Nuno, I sent you an email about the purchase

Manamon trainer

2021-02-20 18:33:47

For people clamoring about a quick text-based list of things that ZDSR has over NVDA, at least ones that were mentioned in the classes so far:

- Extremely responsive
- Able to monitor parts of the screen even if those are outside of the current window (e.g. system tray) (currently business edition only). This can either be a single control, a rectangle like a JAWS frame, or a single point on the screen irrespective of what control is currently there.
- Some kind of magic where different voices read different parts of speech, I don't know exactly how this works yet.
- Built in translation (english/chinese, chinese/english, chinese/japanese, japanese/chinese currently for as far as I can see)
- Facilities to search for a particular piece of info on the screen, triggering those searches (which support regular expressions), with distinctive hotkey
- Built in OCR, that suspends the screen curtain momentarily and re-enables it after OCR has been performed so you don't need to toggle it off and on all the time
- built-in landmarks support, similar to Golden Cursor for NVDA or Hotspot Clicker for JAWS, that let you mark up a particular spot in a window to later click with the mouse even if that spot doesn't contain an accessible control
- shareable control labels as well as an autolabeling facility
- Cycling through windows within the current process, or through all registered windows in the OS irrespective of presence in the alt+tab order
- very granular control over how words, characters, punctuation, UI strings etc. are read out loud
- strong virtual mouse support that I know virtually nothing about yet
- built-in support for various professional tools like before-mentioned reaper, audition, MS office etc. no idea what the definitive list of those apps is.

Nuno did I miss anything?

2021-02-20 19:21:56

A lot has been missed actually, but I didn't cover all the functions yet so its not your fault!
Stay tuned smile