2021-01-21 03:03:20

Oh yes, you must refactor every single trigger to fit the new format.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-21 03:37:35

Rip, what do I need to change then?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-01-21 03:42:37

Every sound trigger in the pack. The function call would look like this:

play{snd="folder/sound-with-no-extension", vol="gv"}

The vol is optional, it defaults to gv if not set, though note that yours are capitalized and mine are not. You would have to change that in a couple of places in the script to make it work with your way.

I forget the signature for play_random and it is possible it still has issues, though it was working when I tested it. If you want, I could do the refactor for you. I could knock a lot of it out at once using a regular expression search / replace pattern. It'll still take some time to craft a good regex and look over everything, but less time than doing it all manually.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-21 09:58:35

You can do it at your end and pass it on to me, or whatever you prefer. It's good over here either way. I'll still continue making it while watching your progress.:)

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-01-21 15:28:44

OK. Yeah well I just know that it'll be a bitch to do 100% manually, so I will do as much as I can using a regular expression powered search and replace.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-21 16:56:56

I am going to have to try this some time. What kind of things can I drive in this mud? How well does the magic and tech mash up? How newbie friendly is the whole setup and playing stile? How well is the mapping system? How playable is this mud without a soundpack? I am asuming, based off on what I read, that one is being worked on.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2021-01-21 17:35:46

@GrannyCheeseWheel and @mata. could you guys message about your collaboration on a different platform. your messages are mostly targeting each other and not really meant for others, so it kind of clutters this topic. on another note good luck with the soundpack, I will be trying it for sure

2021-01-21 17:39:52

OK, regarding the Clok thing, I'm like a ways into it and it's just dawning on me that the benefits of doing this entire thing aren't really all that evident, as it won't really change the way things work. SO I'm not going to continue with it. But, if you want to work together on the sound pack for this MUD, then we can use it and it'll be fine because we're not trying to refactor the entire damn 500+ list of triggers.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-21 20:07:03

Let's remember  that the game is under constant development and is barely out, so considering what is possible already, it's just the matter of time as more  is added

I choose to be happy

2021-01-21 20:31:35

We can just use the search and replace function for triggers though. It's not like you have to retype every line when everything is the same except folders and files.

2021-01-21 20:34:52

So, got two chars I'm toying with. My elf, which I've shifted over to basically no essence, barely hanging on to sanity...and my shaman, that's going through chargen at the moment, mostly since I'm a total and utter newb to magic. Hoping I don't die to bullshit drain reasons

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2021-01-21 20:49:44

Even still, it's a bitch for many reasons. I have been doing that.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-22 00:49:36

How so?

2021-01-22 01:20:16

Because there's more going on here than just a simple replace. From your pack, I'll do a side by side comparison of how it is currently, and how it should be if you were using my script.

ppi.play(GetInfo("56").."/worlds/clok/steps/foliage/"..math.random(1,10)..".ogg",0,0,Gv)

would become

play_random{"snd=steps/foliage/", max=10}

And I think that wouldn't work because the patern is looking for some sort of thing like step1, step2, step3, step4, not just 1, 2, 3, 4. Though that could be fixed.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-22 04:03:44

If you know how and have finished editing the script, I'll gladly add it to the pack then. By now, it's going the same way clok/inferno is.

2021-01-22 04:07:29

I think the script is like 90% as far as functional testing is concerned, I don't really want ot do the manual BS that it woudl take to bring the thing inline with it though. I thought I could cut massive corners using regex search and replace but it was just making more of a mess of things.

But anyhow, we're making a mess of this topic, better to keep it to AW related things I reckon.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-22 08:19:30

I don't really see how it makes a mess of the topic when it's still about aw, just more technical. If people have shit to add to the soundpack, all be it resources, suggestions or alike, I welcome. I'm making it anyway.

2021-01-22 08:43:30

Please, please just PM over messenger, discord, slack, whatever. you guys are just messaging back and forth between yourselves. It's the equivalent of having a really loud conversation in a bus. let's keep this topic about the game. once you have something about the soundpack that concerns everyone then please post it, but keep the intermediate chatter private, since 90% of it is between you two

2021-01-22 10:20:55

I think once we get more map descriptions it'll be easier for us to find things.  I guess people have been training in the pit at dante's for karma.  I need to find a place where to get karma without police coming after me.

2021-01-22 12:19:31

Is it just me, or does the layout of the world is alot like discworld? I am jackson in this mud. At this time, I am trying to figure out where everything is. The job I currently doing the cab does not seem to get me close enough to find the place I am looking for. Of course, not having a map does not really help in this case. A GPS map would be nice.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2021-01-22 14:32:30

@69 police might be coming after you cause you have an assault rifle out wink if you dont do something illegal like that then they ignore you

2021-01-22 16:18:21

Hmm, anybody else unable to connect?

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2021-01-22 16:31:48

I can't either. Funny thing is that I was able to connect earlyer today.

DropBox Referral

2021-01-22 16:41:12

Maybe it's coming back online from debug mode yesterday.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-22 16:52:15

It's had a hard crash, realy

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively