2021-01-20 06:54:28

Hi.

It seams that the change reaction game and the website is letting you buy it along with the other games, you get a key and are unable to use it.

Please see this topic, https://forum.audiogames.net/post/608017/#p608017and remove all the links asociated with that website and their games.

It's disgusting that people are able to buy these programs and waist their money on games that don't actually connect to a surver anymore.

I'm gone for real :)

2021-01-20 09:45:07

I wouldn't say remove the links, but put a notice at the top of the db entry for each game that says people who have purchassed recently aren't getting their keys, so anyone else doing so does so at their own risk.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-01-20 11:45:26

Well in this case, I wouldn't say that just putting a note up there would be enough, most people probably don't even read the DB entry because they might have received the demo version from a friend or just heard about this game and just look for the download link, they would just skip over the notice that purchasing the game is very risky and would most likely result in their money beeing gone.
I would go and remove all the download links for the draconis games, including a notice why this was done in the description.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-01-20 12:11:19

Again for historical preservation purposes, what I'd tend to do is remove the download links, in so far as they're no longer able to be easily found. But for anyone who really, really, really wants the links, put them in the post, in such a way that it takes some work to get them. E.G. if the link were originally https://www.example.com/game.html maybe turn it into https colon slash slash www dot example dot com slash game dot html, with plenty of BUYER BEWARE notices around it.

2021-01-20 13:41:05 (edited by George_Gaylord 2021-01-20 14:46:57)

@4, yup. Maybe put the link in the post as apposed to the table where you get the info to the entry.

Also @1, why did it take you so long to decide that this was, "Urgent"?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-01-20 19:30:36

Hi.

@JayJay, I just came across a post about it yesterday.

It's disgusting that people can still pay for this stuff and it doesn't work.

To those speaking of demos, you don't get demos for these games.

I think removing the links in the table is a good idea. There's no link to a demo of change reaction so getting a link to the game would be pointless.

2021-01-20 23:28:42

I know, I hate this stuff. This isn't the first time it's happened either. If you're not going to give out keys, provide support, or even give the slightest of fucks about your game anymore, then remove!your! purchase! links!

2021-01-20 23:34:21

Yeah, that's borderline scamming, and it very well maybe considered as that.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-01-20 23:43:24

Unfortunatly I don't think their is anyone from said company that checks this forum that could surve as a rep.  So our complains about them fall on no ears.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-01-20 23:57:29

Hi.

That wouldn't surprise me, that's why i'd like the mods to step in and deal with this ASAP.

2021-01-21 02:27:31

That reminds me, I need to get my money back. I'm going to open an issue with Paypal if I can, since after I bought the Sarah game I haven't gotten a key or anything.

I would expect this from Draconis, but not Phil Vlasak.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2021-01-21 07:56:51

@brad have you sent one of the mods a pm? Just making sure because sometimes that gets their attention faster than a topic. You can also report the first post in that topic to get their attention. aReporting doesn't always have to be for when people do wrong things, there is a reason text field after all.

2021-01-21 10:28:56

That's weird. I did buy Sarah last year and got my key. Do you buy that game through Draconis as well?

2021-01-21 12:50:26

I've informed the rest of the staff, so I'm waiting to hear back.

2021-01-22 05:36:36 (edited by brad 2021-01-23 23:32:27)

Hi.

@Zarvox, I completely forgot that was a thing you can do but now I think about it, that system is completely broken so there'd be no point.

@aaron, i'm glad to hear it but I'm a bit confused now, it seams someone got their key for cilver dollar... So I don't actually know what's going on.

2021-01-22 11:00:14

Well getting the key is one thing, but can they register the game though? A key won't do much if the reg server is offline.

2021-01-22 13:49:40

you might disagree because it's still active, but since the registration server is down, then i think it is time to collect this thing. i don't know their games, that is if they don't respond, entirely, and basically gone.

2021-01-22 13:50:05

i mean,،hack.

2021-01-22 15:06:03

Here is a thought, instead of contacting the company and tossing more money in to the void that was once a great company that made bad ass fucken games, finding a way to contact this Phil Vlasak directly.  His name after all has popped up on this thread.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-01-22 16:03:05 (edited by Lucas1 2021-01-22 16:03:17)

He is on this forum. Not very active though last I remember.

2021-01-22 21:29:32

@17 How about we don't hack the games? I feel like that would be a better plan.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-01-23 23:33:17

Hi.

@connor142, true. I think the games should be taken down if you cannot play them at all.

2021-01-24 06:24:42

take him down, i think if we can just mess up the demo days, model, whatever they is, then the games can be played for free.  i played just one of their games, so i am just assuming.

2021-01-24 14:11:05

Not really. If you theoretically froze the demo limit, most of their games still have major content restrictions. Like... the pinball games only let you play 2 tables, the party pack doesn't work at all, and Monkey business only lets you play 3 levels in the demo.

2021-01-24 16:46:33

How about we don't mess with the games, just let them be, and don't buy them, don't hack them, and don't modify them