2021-01-15 04:01:25

Hi, I just checked the link and it doesn't work.

When clicking report a link, I expected something like a subject line already being filled in but i guess there's nothing you can do because of the web devs?

If I slowly go through some links and check them, if they don't work and people can't find any new links; will they be removed to clear up the databass?

I'm gone for real :)

2021-01-15 04:15:52

Hi.

here's another one: syberland sound escape.

It gives an 404 error.

2021-01-15 04:18:35

Hi.

One more and I'll leave it alone for now: duckhunter gives me a dropbox 404 error.

2021-01-15 10:53:47

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Even if a game appears to be totally lost to time, with no copies known to exist anywhere in the world, I believe the database entries for them should still be preserved somewhere, so there is at least a record that the game once existed, and whatever info is known about it.

2021-01-15 16:07:50

Hi.

@jaybird, I don't agree with that idea. Let's say I want to play this game that sounds really exciting only to find it doesn't exist anymore, i'd feel pretty down about that.

2021-01-15 16:53:51

This is why, for games that are abandoned/lost/sucked into an internet black hole, the db editors put a notice at the top of the description. The info about the game is still there, but people know there's no point in looking for it. The db used to just remove lost games entirely, but apparently a bunch of them were found again and so had to have new entries written up, which was more effort than people thought it was worth.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-01-15 20:16:01

I agree with posts 4 and 6. If there is a notice that a game is no longer availlable, I don't think it should be deleted. It's like erasing a small bit of audio game history every time.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-01-15 22:50:24

Hi.

Having a notice is a good idea.

2021-01-16 14:47:21

Well some of the games do still exist on AG.net, at least duckhunter does. So the entrys could possibly be updated with new download links.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-03-04 17:26:33

Okay, I googled accessible reign, and found a bunch of download links for android, but not anything pointing to the google play store.
so what the status is here, I don't know.
Duck hunter I suspect is on the AG archive, so it's easy enough to just update the download link, they might even have cyberland sound escape too, or at least could host it if anyone has a copy.

For the time being I've changed license type of accessible reign to unknown and will try and do the same with the others.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-03-04 20:25:51

For games that are evidently  unavailable and where it isn't possible to get a copy in any way, you could, as well as add a notice, change the link status to something like unknown or unavailable.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-03-04 23:40:53

@Julian, that is exactly what the "unknown" license type means, it means we don't know the status of the game and it's currently unavailable, it's just at this point where say with a free windows game it could be hosted on the audiogames archive, I'm not sure what the position is with android.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)