2021-01-12 17:58:00

Uh, listening to him speak does he have some other kind of disability? Not to be mean, but that speech? I mean, its like 25 seconds in, but he reminds me of an old friend who I believe was born with extra water in his head or something and his brain couldn't function properly. Well, at least that's what I was told about him.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-01-12 18:07:40

@24 Thanks for that post. I can't agree more.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-01-12 18:20:35

Ok ok ok, enough with the ablism. That's definitely taking things way too far. A speech impediment is nothing to laugh about. I myself have a stammer, just for your information. It's perfectly alright to call him out for his issues, at this point I'd say it's even ok to do so if said calling out isn't necessarily constructive due to his past actions, but I can't and won't condone picking apart each and every fault the dude might have, even going as far as things totally outside of his control. Knock it off.

2021-01-12 18:27:55

@28, I just pointed it out as a possible reason for his actions. As I said I had a friend long ago who'd talk simularly and he'd have trouble with maths and stuff in school. I mean, he thinks there are 230 countries in the world.

_____

2021-01-12 18:37:06

Yeah, I didn't think JayJay called out the speech impediment for any bad intent. And just because they acknowledge and consider it doesn't make them an ablist either. Being an ablist is saying the dev wasn't accountable for whatever reason, and I don't think JayJay was going there with it.

In any case, now may not have been a good time or a good place to bring it up, but I do think it was an innocent obervation. Then again, maybe I'm too damn innocent for my own good.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2021-01-12 19:17:07

@28 Why don't you stop throwing labels on people. There's no ableism here.

@26 What does that even have to do with anything? Like, I get it's just an observation, but you're supposedly old enough to keep those kinds of thoughts to yourself.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-12 19:27:40

@30, I called it how I saw it, nothing more. Whatever causes his speech impediment *might* be the root cause of his behaviour, or it might not. Speculation of this sort hurts far more than it helps. Also I never said he was ablist, I told him that what he said was ablist. There's a pretty big difference.

2021-01-12 20:00:18

@19 i  mean audio defense not cercus masters revenge. but i  havent herd of a  second game eather. and if it is 5  dollares there's alot bettor stuf i  can spend that on so.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-01-12 21:45:54

@24 and @25: Totally agreed. I would love to say something motivational about this thing too, but the horrible quality of CMR and the way the guy reacted to criticism are just not acceptable.
I might still try CMR2 though, just to get a good laugh.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-01-12 22:31:32 (edited by George_Gaylord 2021-01-12 22:32:06)

@31 fair point. I just pointed it out because again, it reminded me of my friend and other people I knew who spoke simularly and could be a possible justification for his defensive nature.

BTW, when I heard you wrote 290 countries, I thought it was a typo, but when I actually saw the vid and heard him say 290/230 countries. I mean, nobody even pointed out there were less places registered with the UN? I mean, by even the largest considerations of countries there aren't possibly no more than 205. Imagine if he went to an investor with that. Wonder if he would have argued with them.

_____

2021-01-13 09:54:00

JayJay wrote:

@22, people like you are exactly the problem. You can't sit and wish for better games if you continue to enable the bullshit and not call out, "Developers", for their shit, and if people are jerks from what I'm gathering from this topic, then playing the kumbaya role isn't gonna do the trick. Different strokes for different folks.

Edit:

Seems like post 24 beat me to it as I was typing, but well said. totally agreed.

So, I'm actually a part of the problem because I just focus on other developers who actually listen to feedback, and don't spend my time on keep dishing a developer, who doesn't seem to improve at all?
Long time ago, I said what I had to say to this developer. He haven't improve since then.
Why do you think he have left this forum? Because of me who have stopped dishing him long time ago? Or do you think it's because of topics like this?
If it's because of me, then I'll gladly continue to do that. He can't blame me for saying shit about him lately.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-01-13 10:08:44

@36: It's not about dishing a developer. It's about honest feedback. If a game is shit, I'll say it's shit. And now, people are just sharing their opinions on the guy and their (low) expectations for the game.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-01-13 12:27:19

agreed @37. but it would be kinda rude to be doing this to his face but acording to 36 he has left. so yeah. but then if he acts like other people have bin saying then i  really don't care he's gone so.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-01-13 12:30:03

@38 seriously. Most of the people in this thread have actually been pretty constructive. This is literally nothing compared to the kind of shit you'll see on reddit.

2021-01-13 15:07:28

I don't get what all the caterwauling about unfair this and that is about. We're just saying we're not keen to support the guy after what he's pulled in the past, it's not a big deal. Not all of us brown nose dev ass like it's beluga caviar.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-13 18:00:55

@39 i  can't tell if your mad at me now or not lmao. but oh kay.

― Frederic Chopin.

2021-01-13 18:24:53

@41, I am mad at most people, most of the time. Par for the course. Lol.
But, no, not really you in particular. I was addressing a number of people, really.

2021-01-14 00:15:13

Hi.
For those who want to play AudioDefence, or any games from Something Else for that matter, go to keybase.pub/rich_beardsley and download the AltStore, iTunes, iCloud, and ipa.zip folder

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2021-01-14 06:01:48

I thaught alt store doesn’t work any more at least it did not want to install any IPA files when i last tried it.
Has there been an update? As for Jo no more support from me he did not take the time to insure that in game issues that we reported in the beta were fixed before lonsh and and in fact playing the final game feels almost like playing the last beta.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2021-01-14 12:26:52

Last time I used AltStore a couple months ago it worked fine

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.