2020-01-19 13:04:17

I am really enjoying the new version for Mac OS but have come across 2 bugs. Firstly, In the VO 3 sound pack at level 11, there are no spoken actions, just the music for that level playing continually. Secondly, in Brain Shift Level 6, the colours, plus the sound you hear when you die, are heard simultaneously. The "dying" sound continues while the amount of coins you have received is announced. Has anybody else encountered these 2 issues, on either version?

2020-01-19 15:34:05

@151, I’ve Had the first issue you mentioned

2020-01-31 22:37:16

Hey Oriol, I had some suggestions for future updates to the game, mostly related to pack creation. What do you think about the following ideas?
Allow pack creators  to specify song names used in their pack, for example via an optional file songs.txt. In there, the format could be LevelNumber=Song name. For example, 1= Perfect day
2= Something
and so on. These names can later be used in the game. For example, complete a pack without using any safeguards to unlock song  names, which would be displayed in the game. We could then add another mode in the pack quiz where a song name is provided, and you are arrowing up and down through small  music previews to try to guess which one  is the correct one.
Second, allow pack creators to specify custom achievements in their packs, again optional. For example, a file achievements.txt would be in  the format of level: Achievement title, achievement text. Level meaning after which level  the achievement is  obtained.
For example, for the default pack.
1: Not bad, wow, you are pretty decent, you managed to complete the first level. It only gets harder from now on though.
Both of these should be perfectly compatible with existing packs as they are optional, but can enhance the experience.
Thanks for your considerations.

2021-01-05 09:14:10

I have been playing the latest version of Beatstar for a few days now. I played the Brain Shift sound pack earlier and noticed the same issue which I reported almost a year ago. I am playing on mac OS. Just thought I would report this again for what it is worth.

2021-01-05 09:44:47

Hi.
That is probably because whoever made the brain shift pack didn't sync the level properly and made a very short time and decided to just troll everyone else.
anyway I'll think about those song suggestions and achievements, it's cool

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2021-01-05 10:56:05

Hi,

I have a suggestion for a future update: Maybe you could add an auto-update feature, the manual downloading and copying of the beatpacks folder (especially if it doesn't work as expected) can get a bit annoying.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-01-13 01:01:01

Here is a new version of despacito:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l4zkA_omfY

2021-01-13 01:28:46

Hayri Tulumcu wrote:

Here is a new version of despacito:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l4zkA_omfY

There's the 8 bit version by 8 bit univers, which is nice done too.

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2021-02-14 12:59:52

Hi guys, I want to play the last version of Beatstar, but if I open the game, my NVDA don't speak with me. I can move in the menus but without speech.

2021-02-21 11:37:28

Slaughter wrote:

Hi guys, I want to play the last version of Beatstar, but if I open the game, my NVDA don't speak with me. I can move in the menus but without speech.

I have the same problem. I mostly use alpha versions of NVDA so maybe something is broken in NVDA itself, I am currently running alpha-21781,71c385ea

BTW is it possible to translate beatstar? I see slovak language pak file there but no idea how to open and translate it. Any ideas?

check out my instrumental music at http://ondrosik.bandcamp.com

2021-02-22 18:08:18

Hi.
Are there any errors when you open the game? try hitting control shift i and looking at the console by going into the console tab.
You're not the first person to report silent NVDA.
Please help me locate ithis. Thanks.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2021-02-25 22:17:47

I can tell you all this, from what I've observed. Anything beyond 2020.3 will not work with BeatStar. TTS still works though, providing that you disable NVDA first.

2021-02-26 11:00:42

Ofcourse, there are some misstakes, for example sometimes moving sound, when I move in menu is not played at while. Also, I have encountered little crash of program after finding one sound pack and also, It crashes sometimes when I have to try buy new sound packs.
It is strange, but It is normal misstake. I think, that Oriol will fix It.
About issues with NVDA, I haven't those issues and I don't know, what is It.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2021-02-26 22:08:03

ogomez92 wrote:

Hi.
Are there any errors when you open the game? try hitting control shift i and looking at the console by going into the console tab.
You're not the first person to report silent NVDA.
Please help me locate ithis. Thanks.

It came to mi mind after realizing that it is html5 game. I disabled reporting of dynamic changes on the web nvda+5. Some websites use this to promote annoying advertisements so NVDA is too verbose and I disabled it and forgot. So you simply need to enable dynamic reporting by pressing nvda+5 or create profile for beatstar. In older versions of NVDA, dynamic reporting didn't include live regions, that's the reason why this don't affects older versions of NVDA. Maybe new users will be comfused and you need to record some warning for first start. No idea if you can detect current status, maybe you can look to the nvda config but this may cause more issues like is it portable or installed and so on.

check out my instrumental music at http://ondrosik.bandcamp.com

2021-02-26 22:09:36

Hi
One question, did this thing got any update? I've played it on my Mac some time ago and it told me to download an update, but I did and it was the same message over there. The hilarious thing, was that the update it was asking me to download was less than the update I downloaded.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2021-02-28 12:30:08

up

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2021-03-03 03:24:11

HI all.  I am totally new to beat star and I'm looking for the game's users guide..  I saw this topic and wanted to try out the game.  I feel uncomfortable diving into the game without a users guide. I carefully looked through all the downloaded files but couldn't find a users guide.  I run the game but there is no tutorial  item in the menu. the only tutorial item I find is the mini games tutorial  in the help and settings item. What is the best place to put the game folder? I placed it in the root of my c drive. I also carefully searched the whole website but couldn't find a users guide for beat star. the version I downloaded is 11.0. Your help is much appreciated. NIcol

2021-03-03 09:25:34

For every pack, there is a "learn the pack" option in the main menu. Most packs have sounds for the space key, the enter key, the backspace key and the tab key (some also for the arrow keys). If you go to the learn the pack option, it'll tell you the keys. If you press one of these, it'll play the sound corresponding to that key. When this sound plays, you have to react by pressing that key in the correct rhythm of the music. If you press shift+that key you'll hear the sound that plays when you press that key.
I hope that was understandable enough, there is not much more to know.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-03-17 22:15:15

I have a really weird issue with the Mac. Every once in a while, and I cannot figure out exactly how to trigger it, but it always fixes after a re-launch of the app, it will say "Error: undefined" and switch to a Scottish voice. I tried looking at the console, but for some reason command+shift+i didn't work.

2021-03-31 12:42:00

HI all
I enjoy beat star a lot.  I just want to mention a few bugs I found.  there is a couple of mini games of which I cannot read the tutorial. I go to settings and help
and then to minigame tutorials.
If I press enter on Quick tap, there is no tutorial.  NVDA just says tutreact       
If I press enter on Ready set go!, there is no tutorial. NVDA just says tutgogame   
If I press enter on Pack quizz, get to know your soundpacks, there is no tutorial. NVDA just says tutgq     
If I press enter on wealthy chance: Choose your case, there is no tutorial.  NVDA just says tutchance     
If I press enter on dice of doom reloaded, there is no tutorial.  NVDA just says  tutdice   
It often happens that the game completely freezes.
After playing the game for about 5 times, if I press enter on the  start game option the sixth time there is no sounds, the game just freezes. 
pressing insert plus t, NVDA just says game.
I press e, r, d, f, q, enter.
NO key that I press does anything.
I have to exit the program with alt f4 each time.
The first time I play wealthy chance the game is suppose to give me a free game without taking 5 credits.
So after buying wealthy chance, the program told me that I get a free game this time and that I will pay 5 mission credits the next time.
but the game was frozen, I couldn't play wealthy chance.
I had to exit the program with alt f4. So after launching the program again, when I pressed enter on wealthy chance, I was told that I  pay 5 mission credits.
When I played wealthy chance, I won a lot of beat coins, but then the game was frozen; no keys worked.
So I exit the program with alt f4 and launched it again.
But then I noticed that the program didn't give me the coins I won in wealthy chance.
This only happened once thus far.
I have windows7.

2021-03-31 13:22:41

HI all
I am unable to listen to unlocked beats.
I press enter on Listen to unlocked music for this pack (9 levels) (9) 
NVDA says Ready: 9 levels unlocked. you can go back to the main menu with the left arrow key. 
But no key that I press does anything. there is just no sound. I can't go back to the main menu.  I have to press alt f4 to exit the program. I tried this 10 times
now. I'm not able to listen to unlocked beats. many thanks for any help.

2021-03-31 14:00:33

Hi.
I haven't any problem with listening unlocked levels, It just played me normally. Maybe It depends on some sound packs.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2021-04-06 18:25:49

Hi all
There is a couple more  things I need to report that I have picked up.  When I browse through all the available packs, the  p key is suppose to let me preview the
selected pack, but it doesn't  work. The p key takes me to the first pack with the letter p. Also the q key is suppose to take me back to the main menu but it doesn't;
it takes me instead to the first pack starting with q. Has anybody picked this up. This happens weather I use my screen reader or tts voices. Is there anything I can
do to fix this?

2021-04-06 19:20:19

HI all
I'm considering creating some beat packs for beat star.
Is it rocket science to create beat packs?
I've browsed through all the available beat packs and it appears  that there are no beat packs with waltz rhythms.
I own a yamaha keyboard and I am fond of ballroom dancing music.
I consider creating a beat pack where each level is a ballroom dancing rhythm; for instance level 1 is a waltz, level 2 is a cha cha cha, level 3 is a quickstep and so on.
Is it possible to create a waltz rhythm level?
In other words, can beat star handle a waltz or 3/4  rhythm?
Many thanks for any help
Bfn
Nicol
South africa

2021-04-06 23:01:42

I can’t even find the app to download it on the website.