2020-10-07 13:39:25 (edited by Mayana 2020-10-14 15:14:57)

Sorry for the double post, but this is pretty important.

Are you a Windows user having trouble with SAPI not working at all in Code 7? Do you know anyone else who has this problem?

Because another solution has just been found. Discord user Thseus managed to get his hands on the source code of the Unity SAPI plugin the game uses, modify it slightly and recompile it into a version that works better on 64 bit operating systems. (Thank you a lot, Thseus!)

So, if none of the other solutions have worked for you, please check the Code 7 Tips folder linked in my signature. Further details on where to put the file are in the Common Bugs file for those that need them, and the plugin itself is near the bottom of the folder; just search for SAPI_UNITY_DLL.

I really hope this helps!

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2020-10-07 14:28:39

@mayana
when ever i see this topic at the top, I always think that the ep4 is out lol

2020-10-08 00:38:26

I would love to play the rest of the game, but my Sappy doesn't read it to me, even when I activate the blind mode. sad But it will always remain one of my favorite games.

2020-10-08 05:23:27

@voyager2264 I talked about this just 2 posts above, actually. We've got several solutions for that bug now, one discovered just recently. I'm sure we can figure out how to get your game working. smile

Check my signature. The third link in there is to a folder with puzzle tips I made. But it also contains a file with the common bugs in blind friendly mode and how to fix them. The SAPI bug is right on top of that. Could you please try the instructions there, and see if they help?

Also, if you have Discord, please do join Goodwolf Studio's server (link also in my signature). Would be easier to do the bug reporting back-and-forth there.

2020-10-08 12:47:18

Hi!
@Mayana since you're much more in contact with the dev than I am, actually I'm not big_smile , do you know if they're planing to add accessible versions of the different in game puzzle? I know it can be difficult, but I find it terribly frustrating to like the game so much, and and not to be able to appreciate its all content. I know there's an in game mode allowing me to try those puzzles, but they are mostly luck based for us, and I'm sure we could replace them with fairly difficult audio puzzles/minigames. Accessibilisation is probably not the way, but there are plenty of alternatives that would globally give the same challenge and would make the game yet more immersive. For the time being, if the scenario and choices make it definitly enjoyable, I still have the feeling of being reduced to a disabled player when the game simply skips a puzzle rather than offering me a challenge. As if the hacking process was simply to much for me to handle. Don't get me wrong, I know it's absolutly not the dev's intension, but still... that's kind of sad.

Best regard,
Simon

2020-10-08 15:23:31

@Arkandias I don't know much, unfortunately. Kevin  asked me for info on how TLOU2 did its accessibility mode back when it came out, and he was considering how to improve Code 7's map. And in the past, I think they might've stated that they will look more into making the now skipped minigames accessible after the whole game is out.

But ... I cannot make any promises. It does function, after all, and idk how much they'll be willing to mess with it once the game is done, especially with there being another game in the works. They're good guys, so I'm definitely not abandoning hope, but we'll see.

But in truth, I'm really not in contact with the devs all that much more than you could be. What conversation there is is pretty much always on public channels. So feel free to jump into the Discord server, ask questions and give suggestions. smile

2020-10-14 00:11:39

I'm on episode 2, and I have the ability to use if statements. I'm currently trying to figure out the second tutorial on it, but I think I'm missing something. I run out of room in my code to do what I need to. Is there a way to do an else statement or something? I don't see it in the list, so I am guessing not. I understand how if statements work, but usually they come with an else statement.
Currently I'm trying the following.
while no wall ahead
go forward
if no wall right
turn left
if no wall left
turn left.
However, as you can imagine it's not even checking the second if statement when it comes to a turn. If I had an else statement I could do something like
while no wall ahead
go forward
if no wall right
turn right
else
turn left
Any help is appreciated.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2020-10-14 07:06:14

Mayana wrote:

Sorry for the double post, but this is pretty important.

Are you a Windows user having trouble with SAPI not working at all in Code 7? Do you know anyone else who has this problem?

Because another solution has just been found. Discord user Dhseus managed to get his hands on the source code of the Unity SAPI plugin the game uses, modify it slightly and recompile it into a version that works better on 64 bit operating systems. (Thank you a lot, Thseus!)

So, if none of the other solutions have worked for you, please check the Code 7 Tips folder linked in my signature. Further details on where to put the file are in the Common Bugs file for those that need them, and the plugin itself is near the bottom of the folder; just search for SAPI_UNITY_DLL.

I really hope this helps!

Thank you thank you thank you! A million times thank you. I was so frustrated that I couldn't play this, but it's working now. You will definitely be getting a shoutout on my Youtube channel when I start playing this again next time.

2020-10-14 15:16:21

@sneak pay attention to the brackets. wink
If you put statements inside each other, the resulting program only checks for the inside statement if the outside statement is true. There are times when that is useful -- when two conditions should be met for something to happen -- but if you want both if statements to be executed, make sure to get out of the first one with down arrow before starting the second.
Also, in regards to space: The editor automatically makes empty lines. That can sometimes result in you running out of lines. So, what I do once done with writing a statement, is press backspace, then down arrow.

@voyager2264 I am very glad to read that! And nah, I don't need any shout-outs. smile All these solutions were found by other people anyway; I just collected them all in one place for easier sharing.
If you do credit someone, it should be Thseus (whose name I just realized I spelled with a D! Well, I feel terrible now. Fixed.) He's the one that compiled that alternative plugin. Really amazing dude!

2020-10-14 18:53:05

Hmm, sapi doesn't read the brackets to me, is it where it says end of conditional statement?
I noticed the extra lines, but whenever I clear them out I still don't have enough space and the extra lines get put back in. I've been using the tab interfact rather than just typing it in. I'll give it another go though.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2020-10-14 19:01:56

@sneak Yes, that's it. "End of conditional statement" is basically the }.
Yeah, the lines come back if you move around the code, because the editor tries to be helpful I guess. Generally they're not a problem anyway; delete them as you go, and you should be fine.
The code you're using definitely should fit in there. smile

2021-01-04 16:48:17

Hey,
Hope it's ok to post in this topic rather than creating a new one or posting in the one in General discussion.
I got Code7 for my birthday last week and am really enjoying it so far.
I've unfortunately run into a problem which I'm not sure if it is a bug or if I'm just missing something obvious, but in ep 1, after the rotating cameras section, I'm having some issues finding the way back to the bit of the floor where the document scanner is.
I've already gotten all the pieces from this area for the ID card, I just need to get back to the lab with the scanner in so the signature can be scanned in but no matter where I check,  I cannot seem to find an exit that leads back into the area with the cameras in. I guessed it would be located from D243, but I've followed all the corridors from there with no success.
Any ideas on if this is a bug or if not, any hints on how to get back to the other section of that floor?

2021-01-04 17:10:11

hi.
spoilers
in fussos computer in files there is a security option.
you need to turn the light barrier off using the security option.
after that you need to find the room cald security.

2021-01-04 18:57:09

Oh, didn't realise there was a light barrier up. I did see that file in the computer though as I don't think I recall any hint that there was a barrier active, I didn't try using the file.
Appreciate the help with this.
Thanks.

2021-01-04 20:21:20

any idea of when ep4's release

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-01-04 20:26:39

dam i thought the ep4 was up

2021-03-16 01:39:50

@Mayana
I'm finishing Code 7 for the first time, and your puzzle tips were recommended to me. The link doesn't seem to work for the folder anymore. Is there any chance of a reupload?

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2021-03-16 21:49:02

@BoundTo Won't be needed, it looks like. The Nextcloud instance I'm on was likely only down for maintenance. The link should work now. smile

2021-03-21 17:18:35

Hello everyone,
I am playing through Code 7 and I absolutely love it. I am kind of stuck though. I'm trying to get past the door controls in Bear's mission in episode 3. I use the two override codes to unlock two of the barriers, but nothing seems to happen. I can see that the third barrier is still locked but I only have two override codes. I looked in the network but there were no other connections. Am I missing something?

2021-03-21 17:43:51

@voyager2264
Spoilers
for episode 2 ahead

spoilers wrote:

Hmm. Are you sure you used the right code for each of them? Because if you have, then when you move around, new locations should pop up on the map. One being the Workshop I think, and something else I can't recall right now. Go there and (c)heck everything, and you should be able to find the third code.

2021-03-21 17:56:32

Hi,
**spoiler alert**
I don't remember seeing any other override codes other than the two that were given to me by Sheila, unless there was a step that I missed.

2021-03-21 18:42:08

Oh, never mind. I got it. I don't know when this popped up, but I do see other places on the map now. Whoops.

2021-06-30 12:02:26

Hi, I have question, in episode 1 where I can get She Fangs medical record to find her blood type?

2021-06-30 14:02:27 (edited by omer 2021-06-30 14:02:57)

search all the computers
especially
spoilers
follow the network from the lounge

2021-06-30 16:45:45

you mean bar?