2020-12-20 23:01:43

This month I noticed that PayPal seems a bit broken when using it with Chrome or Edge Chromium. Logging in works, but when trying to send money, form controls don't seem to be recognized after entering an email address and pressing next or choosing a contact. The controls must be there however, as tabbing through the page reveals areas in which nothing is spoken at all. Interestingly, this doesn't happen if I choose to repeat a transaction.

Tested with both JAWS and Narrator, and neither can find the form controls. Tested with Internet Explorer of all things, and the controls show up just fine. Haven't tested with Firefox as I don't have it installed. This leads me to believe that there's some sort of conflict with PayPal and Chromium browsers. According to my research, this wouldn't be the first time either, but this is the first time I've experienced an issue. I contacted PayPal support, and some person who clearly doesn't have very good English skills (no offense to anyone here who doesn't either) told me to simply clear the cache and cookies, which didn't do a thing to fix the issue. Also turned off my uBlock Origin to see if that was the issue, and it was not.

Any ideas? I don't know how to look for web accessibility issues myself, unfortunately.