2020-12-14 04:12:45

I've not checked it out in years but surely it's way out dated now?

DO any of the games posted there still actually work?

Can the mods take the page down if they wished to, or is this another stupid web dev thing?

I'm gone for real :)

2020-12-14 11:18:44

Hi,
I think Drive still works. Essentially it's a page where the webmasters of agnet made their own games, or some of their students.

2020-12-14 11:22:53

Yeah, Drive still works, and the Audiogames Archive has most of the games as well. I've not managed to find a working copy of the Dutch version of Drive, though.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2020-12-14 11:58:28

@Slender where's your signiture from? That game sounds awesome!

Oh cool, I thought they'd be out of date and not working, glad to see I'm wrong smile

2020-12-14 12:25:39 (edited by omer 2020-12-14 12:27:31)

I think it's verry disrespectful to say stupid to something that could be important for somebody

2020-12-14 13:25:59

@omer, I'm calling the web devs stupid because they refuse to write on the site, they also refuse to update to the latest versions of stuff to make sure the site follows the latest guidelines.

2020-12-14 16:30:20

@6, you call them stupid while they constently pay for the server, you call them stupid eavin though they constently pay for the ssl, you call them  stupid eavin though they did not shut the site down when they lost intrest, you call them stupid eavin though they kept the site running while someone is calling them stupid

2020-12-14 16:47:24

Would you prefer I call them lazy instead? Because that's what they are. They've not updated the place in years, yes they're paying for it but I don't have to like something/someone just because they're paying for a survice I use.

2020-12-14 16:57:18

Let me put it to you another way, they had a job, their job was to keep the site up and running. The site runs but it is very much out of date and they should see to that.

2020-12-14 17:39:55

@starfire, I think they came on a couple times on 2019 but before that, from what I understand, they weren't active for many years and after that, they're not active now.

The posative side? Well, at least this site is still up.

2020-12-14 18:23:03

call them lazy, I dont cair, but stupid is very harsh when you rote this useing there own website

2020-12-14 18:34:19

Welll I feel it is very silly, stupid, to have a site payed for but hardly use the thing. If they want to comment on my post, I'd be happy because it would show they actually are reading this stuff, but they won't.

2020-12-14 20:19:25

brad wrote:

Let me put it to you another way, they had a job, their job was to keep the site up and running. The site runs but it is very much out of date and they should see to that.

job, I doubt it it was a job for them, a  hobby? probably, but a job, no

2020-12-14 20:40:15

It's frustrating what happened, and I think it could have been handled better, and still can actually. However, they are not under any obligations to keep this site running indefinitely.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-12-15 07:29:30

@GrannyCheeseWheel, that's very true.

@omer, yeah I see your point.

2020-12-15 16:09:36

@4. that signature is a weird thing I've been adding to every now and then.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2020-12-15 16:15:10 (edited by redfox 2020-12-15 16:15:43)

Brad... A couple things. It's not their "Job" or even obligation to do anything! Especially when it is your happiness or contentment. You also demonstrate that you have know knowledge of how this site works or how difficult Php is, especially with the system they use. This tframework is a beast, not helped by the disgusting language it uses. Honestly, if I was one of these web developers, I would've given up on it very, very fast. Calling them stupid, and even lazy is ignorant, disrespectful and, dare I say it? Stupid... If you don't like how this forum is, stop using it.  You seem to have a lot of opinions about how people should act. If you think it should be different, then make it different.
This isn't to say that you need to be an expert on a subject to comment on it, but you definitely need to at least have a little bit of information or exposure to the subject. Also... they're adults, with actual jobs... Several factors, including the framework, them having jobs, having to keep up these servers, with all the data we output with our meaningless posts, and the demotivation they must recieve when they see the way people act on here probably lead to them not updating this very often.
If I recall, they did upgrade us from Pan to PunDB a year or two ago, so...

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2020-12-15 18:20:58

@redfox, sure it's not their job but come on man, the PM system does not alert you when there's a new pm, not even a, (1) I don't need to know PHP to know that's out of date.

I honestly think they don't care, if they did, the email stuff would be working along side the pm system, if they read this and respond to me, I'll take back what I said but for now, I'm sticking to calling them lazy.

I don't need to know HTML 5, even though I know quite a lot of it, or PHP, I don't know anything about that apart from I think it uses var as a peace of its code but that could be something else, to comment on this stuff. do you think a person who thinks a burger is bad knows or cares exactly what goes into that burger? It's the same here, we have the right to say the web devs aren't doing what web devs should be doing.

This site has been around and not up to standards for a while man and I doubt that's going to change any time soon.

As for making my own, no, I don't care enough to do that.

2020-12-15 18:26:47

You know... It's just crossed my mind, AMericans and Brits might use the same language but we're quite different. Here in the UK, being called stupid doesn't really mean much, it's like being called silly, or it's a way of saying the person isn't up to the standards you think they should be.

But to non brits, it probably comes across as rude and then again it might just be me, but that's the interesting thing about language isn't it? Some things bother people a lot while other people may not even have thought of those words as anything worth bothering about because of their culture.

2020-12-15 18:28:35

Now that was a bad move. I guess they didn't know what we know now with hindsight, but PanBB broke everything.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-12-15 19:40:15

20:
Don't attempt to weasel out of this one with linguistic/cultural differences. The British aren't the only ones that will use don't be silly/daft/stupid or other expressions of that nature. Given the context of your usage of the word stupid, you're absolutely using the full weight of the word to disrespect the webmasters and the students that made the experimental games. You're clearly aware of this given that you were shilling reddit in another topic while calling the forum broken, but are attempting to play the part of the bumbling brit so you can have your cake and eat it too.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2020-12-15 21:13:27

The whole stupid/lazy/whatever discussion aside, Brad obviously has a point regarding the forum software. It really isn't well maintained and it's maybe just a matter of time until it breaks completely if no one does something against it. The problem is that we can't do anything about it except move to another forum, which would be an enormous task, especially with the games database.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2020-12-15 22:13:43

I am on both sides here. The web masters are adults. They have children to take care of and their own lives. But on the other hand, why don’t they just give the forum to somebody else? why pay for a slowly dying forum when they could just be like “here, you take it over”

2020-12-15 22:50:37

I do believe people have the right to criticize things without being able to write a thesis on them, but it also doesn't accomplish anything in this situation. You're not being original. By this point, if you're going to complain about such a well-known issue, you should be willing to do something about it.

2020-12-15 23:52:30 (edited by redfox 2020-12-15 23:52:54)

Not to mention that he seems to criticize things, especially this forum, a lot...

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)