2020-12-10 21:47:36

Hey!
I love the dragonball franchise, so I decided to give it a try. I got an emulator, started playing the game and... I totally suck smile
I think I am missing some important mechanics here, because even the first enemy on story mode seems to be really hard to defeat.
Can somebody explain how to play from a blind user perspective, please?
I understand the basic combos, but hitting the enemy or deffending agains attacks is a nightmare.
Any basic tip would be apreciated...
Thanks in advance!

2020-12-10 23:06:02

Hmm, have you tried using the practice option? That should allow you to get a feel of some of the things. I'd love to help more, but hopefully somebody else will since I suck at explaining how I play that game, it's just somehow natural what to do in a given situation.

2020-12-11 00:03:34

#2 thanks for your reply.
I tried the practice mode, there I can read some instructions on the screen, but the concepts are somewhat confusing, (for example, it seems that ocr doesn't recognize the symbols for the buttons to be pressed.
And I don't know how to launch any tutorial or a more active practice than just an endless fight.
In any case, any basic info from your point of view would be useful, like, I don't know, when the enemy is near I usually do whatever, or press those two buttons when a ki attack is on the way...

2020-12-11 00:32:52

For controls, do a google search for faqs on the game... it was released back when written faqs were still verycommon. That should give you an idea of how it works. I haven't touched the game in years, so sorryI can't give more information. smile

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-12-11 00:39:17

Hi.
The first enemy in story mode doesn't take damage when you hit him with your punches. What you can do is him him with super or smash attack.

best regards, muhammad chafid

2020-12-11 00:42:41

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/93964 … faqs/52129
That link should help you do some combos in the game.

2020-12-11 01:01:39

Are we talking about BRICKWALL!Raditz? The goal is to hit him with the Makankosappo / Special Beam Cannon. This game has a tendency to devolve to run away -> spam little blasts -> power up -> repeat until full -> launch ultimate. This is ... not the best way to play, but it tends to happen a lot.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2020-12-11 01:54:22

Thanks a lot, #6 and #7, lol, the problem was just that, I didn't know Raditz cannot be defeated with punches and I was fighting all the time very close to him, using Goku smile
I am advancing on the story again.

2020-12-11 02:02:06

also know that the game dont tell you when you need to press r3, cause you need that to have special cut seens.

End of Post!
Leos signing off.
CFN ID: LeosKhai. (Always looking to fight people)
Discord: leos_khai

2020-12-11 04:51:34

You can also change the story mode difficulty as well.
Before you go onto the battle saga selection, go down once and Goku will say set your opponent's strength level. Press on that, move up once and he should say something like: I recommend this difficulty if you're not used to playing yet.
This should make things easier til you get used to the mechanics smile

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2020-12-11 05:48:26

hey @1, may I know which emulator are you using? I really would like to setup ps2 emulator but no luck so far, the game lags alot, the sounds studdering... would anyone help?

2020-12-11 06:22:01

@11, Do the following:
1. In pcsx2, press alt then right arrow until you find the config menu, then press enter.
2. press enter on video and select plugin settings.
3. In the renderer combo box, select nun, then press OK.
4. Back to config menu>audio>plugin settings.
5. In the sincronise combo box, select asink mix, then press OK.
And now you can play the game at full speed.

2020-12-11 08:38:15

thank you! I will give it a shot as soon as I have freetime.
p.s you are from Indonesia right? how come we don't know each other hahaha.

2020-12-11 13:53:06

Ok, I am understanding the mechanics. Any tips on how to defeat great ape VEGETA :
I read that runing away and shooting kamehameha would do the job, but the fight becomes too long and he doesn't die haha, and there are some cut scenes I don't understand, not sure what to do...
P.S.: I am using latest pcsx2 and it runs pretty well on my system, but it's a powerful computer (it goes for #11)

2020-12-11 14:37:16

What is pcs??
I've always wanted to play this particular dbz game as its one of my favorit games.. Any help on how to set everything up?
I literaly have no emulators smile

2020-12-11 16:11:53

you can also drop the latency for audio down to 15MS You just need to change something first

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-12-11 18:10:45

#15 pcsx2 is a ps2 emulator. in my case, I am not experienced at all using emulators, but it was pretty easy: just downloaded the emulator, loaded the game from the menu bar and everything run out of the box, including my xbox controller.
P. S.: I defeated the saiyans, now I am on Namec smile

2021-02-23 15:52:41 (edited by JasonBlaze 2021-02-23 15:53:41)

anyone playing this with dolphin emu? if so, can I have the button config? I am not sure how to evoke a scene like in ps2 with r3.

2021-02-23 16:20:13

if you plaing with a keyboard and with the default game qube controller configuration, the button is k

Sorry for my english

2021-02-23 16:35:58

Oh that game brings back memories! I think that game probably has the most characters as compared to all other Dragon Ball games. This post inspires me to buy a more powerful computer.

2021-02-23 16:51:10

@alisson: woha exactly someone that I am looking for. big_smile I am using the tfj version, I think you know what I mean. game cube control? ok let's see. btw I'll send you a pm, can you check soon?

2021-02-23 19:19:42

DBZ budokai, lol I'm having a hard time beating cell, using gohan, when he blows himself up and regenerates, man i am not used to gohan's mostly projectile supers, any tips?

2021-02-23 19:29:52

@21 o, din't see your pm, Gona check that now smile. And @20 its only my opinion, but this for now is the best dbz game. It as alot of characters, a good playability and best of all, the possibility to netplay with wiinfy or dolphin netplay

Sorry for my english

2021-02-24 01:21:46

Where did you get the emulater for this? I love this franchise as well

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2021-02-24 02:02:59

you could eather google for pcsx 2 or dolphin, depend which one you would like to play on.