2020-12-06 01:06:17 (edited by titan_of_war 2020-12-06 01:10:31)

Yeah it doesn't work for me, i rage like 3 times and i go over and wen i jump on to the truck it's gone.@75 i think they do jump but they don't climb, @74 i can't really punch other's on the truck because again, alot of fire power, alot of sound and it's hard to time it from me. ile try it though.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-06 01:10:20

They actually do jump and climb after you. That's not the issue imo. But those who play mainstream beat em ups will understand what makes them more reasonably challenging. But like I keep saying, this is onl a concept demo, and I expect, or at least hope, that some of the things here will be taken into account. That or there will be people on the development team or at least brought onto the testing branch who have long experience with mainstream games in this specific genre.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-12-06 01:20:35

Agreed re: area 1-3.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
Get rid of as many enemies while on the first truck as possible, as those are unarmed. They will eventually stop coming after you, so in the inbetween times when you are ininsible, run off the truck, waste a half dozen or so armed guards while they can't hit you, and do a running jump back to the truck. If luck is on your side, one of the armed guards will drop an AA12 as loot, so you won't need to go as close to the second truck. Once you have that, you've got enough cartridges to get you through. ONce you've destroyed all the guards, it's over and you'll get a cutscene. It's alright if you're low on ammo by the time you win the level, since you will have picked up enough ammo to last you a while through the second level, and you'll have another more powerful weapon to pick up. You have less rounds per cartridge, but the damage makes up for it.

2020-12-06 01:34:53

i'm now on the droan level, is there anyway to kill thoughs things or do i just half to run threw.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-06 02:10:44

You can't kill them, nope.

2020-12-06 02:24:34

Hello all,
Two things.
First, we all at Phantom Creations would like to thank every one of you who backed this project.
It's been hard work and a great deal of passion going into this project, and we are all glad to see this being received so well.
Looking forward to working on and releasing the final product for everyone! smile
Now, the second thing. Another update is available, adding in a rudimentary combo system. Right now, there is currently 1 combo possible. The details for both known combos are in the readme.
The game can be downloaded from our games page
This is an extract from the readme about the combo system.
----------
There are currently 2 combos possible in the game. They are as follows.
The first builds up Dahlia's rage meeter, as well as attack and defence. To execute it, you must be able to attack enemies using melee at least 6 times within just over half a second to a quarter second.
Attacking the air will void your progress during this combo.
Tip. The longer you wait for attacking, the more effective you build up stats.
The second also builds up Dahlia's stats, though is a lot more useful in getting individual enemies off of you. It is also timed, though is executed very differently.
Your free to attack nearly as quickly as you'd like, though once again, like other combos, if you attack the air, your progress is reset.
If you manage 6 consecutive strikes or greater on enemies, you can hold the down arrow and attack to perform a kick, sending any enemy nearby flying across the screen.
Tip. The more strikes you land successfully, the further enemies go flying, plus the more quickly you build up stats.
----------
P.S., the entire team enjoys being able to throw enemies now. It's quite fun to see which one of us can send enemies flying the furthest. smile
Again, we would like to thank each and every one of you who backed this project or shared the details to the page. It's been an honor to present Scarlet Shells to the community and see you all enjoying it, as well as leaving feedback and suggestions.
Best wishes to all,
The Phantom Creations Team.

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2020-12-06 02:37:30

will you add like any melay weapons accept the fists like i donno mabey a hunting nife a sord stuf like that. and you could do combo's with thoughs like i guess throw them across the screan or a stunning combo and then you can like slit there throat etc.

― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-06 02:50:56

Hi,
Can I just say, very, very nice job on this game. I hope there will be an update to the tutorial on how to use the combo system added to the concept demo.
I'm wondering if you might be able to put in a quick fix for something. Could you please, for story viewer, add, at the very least for this, the four arrow keys to repeat the story text, or, possibly the c key to copy to clipboard for those who might like that? The only issue with the clipboard coyping, is the bug where people report that if you alt tab from the program, the window can't be found again, so maybe for now just have the repeat function until that bug can be fixed. I've missed two story texts, one in level 1 when climbing, and one when approaching the first area's travel point.

2020-12-06 03:05:13

You can alt tab out and back in, have done so multiple times.

Heck yeah, glad the melee system is gettin' some love, because it was kinda weak and the rest of this game is dope so the combat should match big_smile.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-12-06 03:25:34

Loving it! Will download the new bill and try it soon.

2020-12-06 03:31:06

this is nice game so far. but, can you put voice acting in story? that will be very grate addition  to this game.

2020-12-06 03:33:52

I've tried the new build, and I am loving the repeat story options now. Also, can't seem to get the down arrow combo to work consistently, because, well, I'm just being attacked by the time I get four or so strikes in, so even though I hit an enemy perhaps 8 or so times, if I hold down and attack, I seem to just punch. I also don't quite understand how the new rage combo works.

2020-12-06 03:34:20

Hey would it be possible in a later version for med kits to spawn on soldiers mabey not every soldier but a few so you can heal, because i'm in the level with the trucks, no problem, and a few soldiers are left, but i'm 5% helf, and there's a machine gun. so i half to wait for ever to even have 20 helf.

― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-06 04:03:35

Yeah. I think slow regeneration should be the last option you resort to, not the main method of regaining health.

2020-12-06 04:07:37

oh, and the people who want and have failled to get the weapon on level 2.1 this is what i did. so wen you kill the gi on the sniping thing and climb down, go rite of the stairs just 1 or 2 tiles. and jump over the mine a few times, sometimes the mine will go off wen you are jumping over it and it can't hit you and then it's safe to grav the weapon.

― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-06 04:15:58

Hello all,
There's a new update available. For those who haven't made it past level 2 area 2 yet, there's a new weapon in there. Let's just say it makes the boss for that specific level far easier than it has any right to be.
Of course obtaining it is .... awkward...
At any rate, the game is available on our games page

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2020-12-06 04:46:10

Just tried the new build. The combos don't really feel any different... if I didn't know it would feel pretty much the same as before. Especially because enemies keep hitting you... it's prettyhard to tell if I'm executing it corectly, aside from the second one with the kick that I can occasionally get.

2020-12-06 04:51:42 (edited by titan_of_war 2020-12-06 05:01:35)

can't really tell if i doing the kick, i can't hear the gi beeing launched, mabey wen you kick a gi he can scream wen he's flying across the screan so you can no?

Ohk ya, how do you beat 2.2 i don't understand do you just kill everything or what.

― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-06 05:29:12

I still can't quite get the jump right.
No matter what I try, my momentum still carries me off the platform and I fall and lose health points.  I am in level 1.1 and am standing at the tree at coordinates 122,0, which does not show up in the object viewer by the way.
I climb the tree and end up at 122,20.
How do I safely jump over to the platform at 115,20?
Everything I've tried, even pushing the right arrow in mid air doesn't help.
Obviously I need to get the timing correct, but I can't seem to do that.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

2020-12-06 05:37:46

If you don't want to keep trying it's not the best weapon, it helps but it isn't the best, but what i did was. jump do a run jump and in mid air let og of control so you can land safely on the other platform. do that for each platform, but use your camra to see how big the jump is, because sometimes you don't even need to do a running jump at all.

― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-06 06:04:46

So after figuring out the trick to 2-3, I went back and redid it with the new update and... wow. rofl The new weapon turns it into a complete joke.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-12-06 06:16:33

@titan_of_war:
There is a slightly different sound when kicking. You need toh ave landed 6 or more consecutive attacks first. If you can't tell the difference in sound, perhaps a better pair of headphones might help.

2020-12-06 06:49:38

@96 how do you get it? i'm on that level and i can't pass it.

― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-06 06:56:28

Sorry for double posting but. is the kicking sound like the sound wen you do the rage thing accept like longer? because if not i should redownload this thing.

― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-06 06:58:06

Sorry, I still can't get the jump done correctly with the first platform.
I wish there was a practice mode in the tutor level with clear instructions.