2020-12-05 03:43:02 (edited by PhantomCreations 2020-12-05 14:43:29)

Phantom creations is thrilled to announce the release of Scarlet shells concept demo, version 1. This is a fast paced 2d platforming beat-em-up.
Backstory:
From gang violence to the front lines Dahlia has seen it all, and her latest undertaking is no different.
Over the last 12 months there have been several dozen violent abductions, which are believed to have originated from the same person. Dahlia soon discovers one of her long time friends was among those abducted.
With any luck, Dahlia must find, rescue and bring them back home to the lives they were unwillingly taken from.
To complete this mission Dahlia will use weapons ranging from her melee abilities, to machine guns and modern pistols, to futuristic laser assault rifles and shotguns.
notice:
*As of now, you can only play the first 3 levels.
*This game is windows only.
*You must have an Intel core i-3 running at 2.1 GHz or equivalent.
*You must have at least 2 GB of ram available.
*125 MB of disk space to extract and play.
The concept demo will give you a rough idea of what's to come when the game is fully completed. There's a lot that will be added, and potentially changed, though the core experience will remain more or less the same.
This game has been interesting and fun to work on even from it's early days of just a momentum based platformer concept to where it stands now.
Developing this game any further requires financial assistance that we unfortunately do not possess. Thus we've created this concept demo so that those of you who choose to donate towards this game's development will understand what you are getting in return.
We have created a kickstarter campaign that lists all the possible donation options and the rewards received when the campaign ends.
The kickstarter can be found here
The game is located on our games page.
Included in the game download is a jaws configuration file for those who use jaws. It simply allows the keys to pass through to the game normally. It can be imported as one would any other jaws configuration file.
With all of that being said, if there are any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to voice them in this thread!
Many thanks, and enjoy!

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2020-12-05 03:51:13 (edited by Shadowcat 2020-12-05 03:51:43)

Oh, it is on... here we go!

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-12-05 04:02:47

Nice! I'm downloading it now...

2020-12-05 04:29:16

Hi, I want to download this game. As I understood it will be paid in the future?

2020-12-05 04:36:18

Hello,
@windows, no, the game will be freely available. Currently, we are hosting a kickstarter to help fund the game to completion.

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2020-12-05 05:11:49

Can anyone get the rage thingy to kick in consistantly?  It will not activate for me at all. I'm punching at a standard incriment, and I believe I'm doing everything correctly. Does it need to be a certain time between punches rather than an incriment depending on how fast you punch?

2020-12-05 05:32:01

I'm so excited he decided to release this for you guys! I've certainly enjoyed testing it up to this point!
@6, Yes, it needs to be a certain time.

2020-12-05 05:40:15

My antivirus deleted it... sad

2020-12-05 05:59:33

hear we goooooo.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-05 06:24:10

Hey mabey in the final version you could add an endless mode. that would be pritty dope.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2020-12-05 06:24:27

So... first impressions and thoughts, in no particular order.
I actually like the momentum thing you have going, though it makes precision jumping from platform to platform actually kinda awkward until you get used to it.
Love the sounds and music, no complaints whatsoever
Melee combat isn't quite as in depth as I was hoping for, but that's okay. I can live without a combo system.
I don't quite understand how raising attack and defense works, though. I managed to raise them both to 4 after I think it was the tutorial, but after that they never went up again.
2-2 is chaotic and horrifying, and I'm currently stuck. I shall try again tomorrow, because I'm slightly tired. tongue I like the idea, though. Now just getting through it...
I'm unsure if this is intentional or not, but once you get the rage timing down, it's very possible to just stand in one spot and spam it, either to heal or to just slowly widdle down a crowd.
When the read me refers to hidden weapons, I'm very curious now, because I haven't actually managed to find a single one. I may or may not be missing something obvious, we'll see.
But I do enjoy what I've played so far and will most likely be backing.

2020-12-05 06:49:13

I haven't gotten the rage meter to work, either, and it's not eally clear in the tutorial about the timing for punches... is it supposed to be exactly like the demo? Itseems needlesly slow to get it to fill up. I also feel nemies are a bit tanky at this point, it seems to take forever to kill them. And actual swishes for punches would help in gaging distance and timing... right now I can only prettymuch mash space because I can't tell if I'm close enough to an enemy to hit them, or if the sounds of hits landing are on me or the enemy, though the voice samples do help.
And in terms of just combat physics, an enemy should not be able to consistently run in close enough to hit you while you are hitting them. Other than all that thogh, I like this concept demo, and the story's not bad either! But gien this is a concept demo I asume there will be improvements made to writing and the like, so  won't complain abouttoo much. I do, however, think that it'd be nice to have a combo system.. or at least a preset melee combo that discourages simple mashing of the spacebar. That was one of the things I wasn't a huge fan of in Adventure at C:.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-12-05 06:52:37 (edited by JasonBlaze 2020-12-05 06:58:11)

I am liking the game although I honestly thing there's should be a enemy limit on one stage lol, it's way too crouded and you can't even find a space to take a breath, I am mostly ends up with a bunch of enemy shoot and beat the crap  of me which really get too noisey and I can't even keep up with the rythm anymore.
also maybe slight comment for the writing, it's a little bit confusing if you keep switching between first person and third person to be honest smile but as assault stated before this is only a concept demo.

2020-12-05 06:57:11

Actually, on the subject of the rage demo... it's weirdly slow. Like it shows you how to do it, but way slower than it actually has to be. The best speed I've gotten with it is about 3 quarters of a second between hits, which works pretty consistently.

2020-12-05 08:26:06

hmm, is that platform for  that weapon on level 1 just to trick you? I can't land on it, and I have difficulty timing my jump, , lol

2020-12-05 08:45:43

Nope... it is definitely obtainable.

2020-12-05 08:46:52

yeah, rage definitely needs to be faster, I dunno. This is neat though and I backed it.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-12-05 08:56:17

hi, I loved the demmo though I'm stuck in 2.2, will complete it soon, an issue and some suggestions.
it'd be cool if you make some cut scenes interactive, as in, let the player figure out where the cabbin is, and let them explore their surroundings, not nesesary, but it'd be a bonus point.
and yeah the combo's, we've seen space spamming quite a lot in many games, it'd be cool to have something which would require practice to master,
now the issue,
so I'm facing this issue in all the phantum crafting games, environment sweet as well as this one.
say I launch the game, and hit alt tab, and then try to find the game window again, it doesn't show up.
with that said, I'm loving the feel of the game so far, keep up the good work.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-12-05 08:57:47

how do you guys build up stats though? mine   stays at attack 2 def 2

2020-12-05 09:53:27

I cannot play because of lack of SAPI support. I hope that you all enjoy the experience though.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-12-05 09:57:52

i still dont know how to increase stats, what i need to do?

2020-12-05 10:23:10

hello all,
So for the combo system, the range is actually pretty big. If you strike from just over half second to 1 and a quarter second intervals, it will count.
However, the longer you wait, the more damage you will deal, plus the more your stats will raise.
@10, sure! It could be an interesting mode to add in.
@12, the tutorial includes a demo that demonstrates punching to obtain the rage meter. The range that counts towards it is actually fairly tolerant, although what's demoed there is a good speed that gets you fairly acceptable stat buildup.
@13, which stage are you referring to. Would that by chance be area 3 of level 1, the first boss?
@15, nope, the platforms are all useful in helping you obtain the weapon.
Have any of you obtained the pmc7ht?
Good luck!

---
---

2020-12-05 10:34:52 (edited by Charles 2020-12-05 10:35:19)

Oh man, I'm having a hard time trying to get through 1.3, I just keep running out of ammo big_smile

2020-12-05 12:10:22

Hmmm, strongly thinking of backing it... Sounds are awesome, gameplay is well, keep it up! Need to get a discord going if i want to back it though.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2020-12-05 12:29:08

Hello all,
An update has just been released, adding sapi support.
You can grab it from ourgames page
@24, the discord will become available once the kickstarter has ended.

---
---