2020-11-25 03:21:51

I think Swamp does require gecko. Super Liam, however, should just work. Try removing and reinstalling it. Sometimes winetricks doesn't manage to download the packages it needs. Once it gets them though, they are cached, so the next time it just installs the same one.
Super Liam only requires vb6run and dx8vb
I ran it just to make sure it still works now, and it ran just fine with only a few gstreamer errors printed on the terminal. Could you be missing some gstreamer plugins?

My games: https://stormgames.wolfe.casa
Support my work on Ko-fi

2020-11-25 03:47:16

Ok so, I get this error when attempting to run super liam or install dx8vb.
Wine cannot find the ncurses library (libncurses.so.5).

2020-11-25 03:56:20

It looks like you may need ncurses5-dev. I wonder if installing build-essential would take care of most of those type problems.

Support my work on Ko-fi

2020-11-25 04:02:14 (edited by haily_merry 2020-11-25 04:03:19)

Just installed dev and regular, neither 1 seems to work. Now if I run super liam, it just, does nothing. No error or anything.
Oh, and I already have build essential installed. That comes pre packaged with ubuntu now, or at least it does with coconut and mate.

2020-11-25 11:53:13

Just a quick heads up I'm running into issues with RS Games and missing nvda .dlls and no such file or directory when installing through audiogame manager

Also given it's a hot and popular game, could you maybe see if you can get Fantasy Story 2 working with audiogame manager maybe?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2020-11-25 12:02:08

Did you have issues getting monno and gecko installed? I can't get past the inaccessible GUI's, still.

2020-11-25 12:27:13

Okay so this is wierd. KitchenSink stuff works fine, but AHC and RS Games both break majorly with missing nva controller .dll and cannot find directories, running Ubuntu 20.04

Also on Linux natively

2020-11-25 12:56:01

Ok so for curiosity's sake, I just tried installing RS games. It worked, kind of, but no speech. I'm wondering if perhaps NVDAControlerClient32.dll wasn't deleted? Am not sure where this thing even stores it's files though, it's not anywhere in drive_c, at least not that I can find. Also, doesn't RS games like, have its own linux port already? You don't need to go down the wine root for everything.

2020-11-25 13:16:36

Yes, but Python 2.7 is deprecated so...not sure you can install it any more however

Also on Linux natively

2020-11-25 13:37:41

Not sure about other dependencies, but as of now, it seems to still be on apt. python2 is already the newest version (2.7.17-2ubuntu4).

2020-11-25 16:10:59

@Storm:

Technoshock gives me a canot find technoshock.zip and update.exe if I install it with it as well so one more that seems* broken on my end, which is odd

Also on Linux natively

2020-11-25 19:24:27

This reply broadly covers 30-36.
While it is technically true that RS Games does provide a Linux client, it is full of bugs, uses an extremely old version of python, an hasn't really even worked for years now. It was so bad, that I actually wrote an open source pack for tintin that lets you play it using the tintin++ Mud client. The no speech -problem was a bug in audiogame-manager that I think I have fixed.
Audiogame-manager is still a work in progress. One of the things I need to put some work into is error catching and logging. Once this is done, it will be easier to track down what is going wrong. I am trying to make it work across as many distros as possible. The down side to this approach is, you have to configure your wine environment yourself because package names and package managers are different depending on your distro. It is developed on Arch Linux. All games are tested before release. If something doesn't work, you may be able to try reinstalling it in case something didn't download the first time.
I will shortly have a mumble server set up where I will be able to offer real time support to try and help troubleshoot problems. I will post here when it is ready.
I will take a look at Fantasy Story.

Support my work on Ko-fi

2020-11-25 19:39:48

JaceK wrote:

Just a quick heads up I'm running into issues with RS Games and missing nvda .dlls and no such file or directory when installing through audiogame manager

Also given it's a hot and popular game, could you maybe see if you can get Fantasy Story 2 working with audiogame manager maybe?

I wasn't able to find Fantasy Story 2. The closest match was something on Steam. Can you give me a link to it?
If you remove rs games with audiogame-manager -r and reinstall it, it will hopefully work now. There was a bug in the installer that didn't affect me because I had the components in cache when I added it lol. Thanks for finding that one.

Support my work on Ko-fi

2020-11-25 20:38:12 (edited by JaceK 2020-11-25 20:38:48)

Check here for FS2, post #1:

https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3790 … -story-ii/

I'll try again with this and see how it goes
EDIT: AHC breaks as well when installing, oddly enough

Also on Linux natively

2020-11-25 20:45:11

Oh so, I have no idea how or why this started happening, but now SL does this when installing. I just re installed wine / winetricks, both from winehq directly, installed vb6run, dx8vb, dotnet45 and all the rest, and it does this when attempting to run the game.
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: File not found.

2020-11-25 21:58:23

It sounds like the file did not download. I wonder if there was a problem with the site when you were installing the game. Try removing:
~/.config/storm-games/audiogame-manager/cache/superliamsetup.exe
Remove the game with audiogame-manager -r, and reinstall it. I am trying to figure out a way to make sure wget is downloading the expected item, and not just a "file not found" page. But for now, if you get the error that says no application, that is most likely the reason.

Support my work on Ko-fi

2020-11-26 00:42:20

JaceK wrote:

@Storm:

Technoshock gives me a canot find technoshock.zip and update.exe if I install it with it as well so one more that seems* broken on my end, which is odd

It is possible the page was down when you tried to install it. I just tested it now and it works. maybe try reinstalling the game. if you still get those errors, let me know and I can send you the files via magic-wormhole.

Support my work on Ko-fi

2020-11-26 01:32:14

@Storm:

Okay that's weird. It does download the files right but then says it can't find the downloaded file, but the weird thing is it al works fine either way.

I'm curious if you can get Fantasy Story 2 to work, I ddid put the link to the topic in my last post when you asked for a link

Also on Linux natively

2020-11-26 03:21:05

It looks like there is a native Linux version of this game. The url for it from the page is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15-HI9J … sp=sharing
There isn't any kind of readme or manual that I can find for it though. I downloaded this file, chmod +x the FS.x86_64 file and ran it. It did open and play music. I haven't done anything else with it though. As long as developers release for Linux, and are receptive to feedback and actually maintain their software (I'm looking at you RS Games), then it is better to use the native version.
If this doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll try it on audiogame-manager. I don't really have high hopes for getting it automated though because downloads from Google Drive are not nice for tools like wget.

Support my work on Ko-fi

2020-11-26 10:57:49

Ok so it looks like the remove a game menu is broken as well. I get this when clicking super liam, or any other game for that matter.
awk: not an option: -i

2020-11-26 11:58:07

No, Storm, the .log for FS2 explicitly looks for NVDA or Sapi, nothing to do with Orca or speech-dispatcher on Linux and I have no idea if it works on a Mac however. Same deal with Code 7. Native Linux support. No speech or accessibility on the Linux version for C7. If you have more luck with FS2, I'd like to hear it, but by my own testing only the Windows version suports acessibility?

Also on Linux natively

2020-11-26 15:24:56

Ok so I finally, finally got the dam thing to run. I haven't actually tried playing the game yet, but it launches and the main menu shows, at least. May very well give it a run through tonight, it's been far, far too long.
A couple bugs for your attention though. Not sure if you can fix these, but.
Interestingly, the logos don't play when launching the game, it just goes straight to the main menu, although the outtro does play just fine. Also, when exiting the game, either wine or audiogame manager itself doesn't quite seem to realize that the game isn't running any more, the terminal has to be manually exited with Control + C. I did have to manually delete the config file to remove the game, as well.
Now that we know L works stuff will actually work, no pun intended, could you perhaps add judgement day to the list? Another rather excellent classic, if I do say so myself.
Thanks again for all of your hard work with this thing.

2020-11-26 19:04:30

Ok so, trying to run swamp, and having even more issues. The game itself runs just fine, however the menu music is, interesting? It kind of, chops and does all kinds of strange things. I would share a recording, but am having some issues with pavucontrol at present. I haven't actually tried playing the game yet, but I'm guessing if the menu music fucks up that badly, the main game probably will too.
Also, when I exit, rather than, you know, exiting, it instead leaves this wine default desktop window around, which seems to go away upon hitting enter, but even then the terminal must be closed with Control + C.
Weird stuff.

2020-11-26 19:37:00

haily_merry wrote:

Ok so it looks like the remove a game menu is broken as well. I get this when clicking super liam, or any other game for that matter.
awk: not an option: -i

It sounds like ubuntu isn't using gawk by default. Can you install the package gawk? I will update the command to call  gawk specifically. Gawk is the GNU version of awk and is more powerful than the generic non-GNU version. If for some reason gawk isn't available for ubuntu, I'll try to find another way to do the same thing using other tools.

Support my work on Ko-fi

2020-11-26 19:43:49

JaceK wrote:

No, Storm, the .log for FS2 explicitly looks for NVDA or Sapi, nothing to do with Orca or speech-dispatcher on Linux and I have no idea if it works on a Mac however. Same deal with Code 7. Native Linux support. No speech or accessibility on the Linux version for C7. If you have more luck with FS2, I'd like to hear it, but by my own testing only the Windows version suports acessibility?

Ok, I'll get to work on adding FS2. Would you be willing to contact the developer and ask for them to add speech-dispatcher support? It would be nice to have this as an option for native Linux gaming. I had someone read the screen for me, and the game does work, it just doesn't speak.

Support my work on Ko-fi