2020-11-12 19:45:43

@46 There are no quest trackers in pokemon, youre kinda just left to figure things by going places and talking to people.

The reason why text seems so choppy is because thats how they come out in game. You can speed up the text from within the options found in the pause menu. Also, starting with pokemon yellow, you can set the music to stereo within that same options, with 2 other variants that center the bass notes on either the left or right.. Finally, you can speed up battle animation without having to turn it off entirely by holding the A button after choosing a move in vattles. This feature is exclusive to yellow i believe.

2020-11-12 20:01:51

Wow! this is so cool!
BTW, wouldn't red and blue have been better to start with since the only differences are the available pokemon and the name of the rival? Would think that using the same save with both could acquire all pokemon.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-11-12 20:22:29

Yellow is probably the definitive version of gen 1. Not gonna complain, this is extremely cool.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-11-12 20:46:09

For these who are interested on what you can do with the debug version of pokemon yellow: http://stasp.blindcomputing.org/some%20 … %20fun.mp3

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-11-12 21:16:59

your speach is a little to fast to understand but i think i get it. is that a special rom for that item to be their or is that in the normal rom and just not used. and what says its the definitive version exactly

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-11-12 21:40:54

There are quite a bit of story improvements in yellow over red and blue, plus you get a pikachu that actually says pikachu, and you get to hear it react differenyly to you and the things around you. For this reason i prefer yellow over the origibals. Crystal improved over gold and silver, and emerald improved over ruby and sapphire, which is why i prefer those as well.

2020-11-12 21:54:31

The trainers names don't seam to speak and the enemy health doesn't speak correctly after beating one mon, but other than that this is ultra great! Currently at MT Moon with a lvl 17 Picachu and a level 20 Nitarino (I don't know how to write pokemon names). That Nitarino kicks ass, picachu seams to have absolutely horrible defense. I take 3 damage from freaking Leach Life!

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-11-12 22:21:13

I'm also having the enemy hp bug, Apparently my enemy had 756.41% health at one point.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2020-11-12 23:16:16 (edited by rings2006 2020-11-12 23:16:39)

doesnt sound right. and for me no bugs at all

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-11-12 23:32:13

I have trouble getting the script files. I tried to download the file  from jack's post, but i got a error when I tried to open it. Do anyone know the right link to get the scripts?

2020-11-13 00:16:08

Aron Leppik wrote:

The trainers names don't seam to speak and the enemy health doesn't speak correctly after beating one mon, but other than that this is ultra great! Currently at MT Moon with a lvl 17 Picachu and a level 20 Nitarino (I don't know how to write pokemon names). That Nitarino kicks ass, picachu seams to have absolutely horrible defense. I take 3 damage from freaking Leach Life!

Oops! This is a bug I solved a long time ago in the spanish version, but I forgot to fix it in english. Here it is the script updated with this bug fixed:

https://mega.nz/file/8kl1CYQB#mOjtpbLO9 … Vs5jIAQnww

(updated first post as well)

2020-11-13 00:20:30

Thanks so much for this! The more Pokemon available to us the better.
Though a question... how are you able to figure out the different ram functions? I've been meaning to make the access scripts work with the Crystal Clear hack, but never got around to it aside from changing sprites, because I couldn't figure out how to get the actual mapping part to work.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-11-13 00:57:53

I still can't access the files. Every time i try to download the files, i get a error message as soon as I try to open the file. What could be the issue? The files place themselves in my downloads section. but can't find any. I have tried downloading the script several times and as soon as I click on the file, a error pops up.

2020-11-13 01:32:23

the link doesnt even work

2020-11-13 10:26:41

I really want to use the scripts, but have no idea how to get the files. All tries of downloading the files via the link just gives me a error message. The message says that the file is from another computer and has been blocked.

2020-11-13 10:30:09

Unblock it with windows deffender.

2020-11-13 10:31:26

because everyone knows how to do that. well. maybe google drive should be used

2020-11-13 13:50:16

How do i do that? I have no idea how to unblock in windows defender. I only know how to make exceptions.

2020-11-13 13:56:36

So make an exception

2020-11-13 14:43:47

I have tried doing that, but still got the error message.

2020-11-13 17:00:19

Link works fine over here.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-11-13 18:01:01

Hi:

I'm having some difficulties. How do I get descriptions ofa  pokemon's moves? Are physical descriptions included for pokemon? I'm watching a youtube stream where the streamer managed to get items and moves described in the menus, but I cant find any key or key combination that does this.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-11-13 18:21:42

physical descriptions i dont think are included. no idea about move and item descriptions. are you 100 percent sure it was in the menu that the youtuber found it

2020-11-13 18:46:44

Aren't the dezcriptions in the pokedex? Move descriptions are supposed to be in the pokemon menu somewhere.

2020-11-13 19:03:25

I'd love to see this work on Red. Mainly I just have far more memories of Red as opposed to Yellow. also Pikachu annoys me. lol.
I'm glad to see this work on the first gen regardless though.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven