2020-11-12 01:59:24

stewie wrote:

Hey so I just started this. The scripts work, but for some reason I can't use the j/l keys to select interactable items (like the SNES in the player's bedroom). A lot of those interactables are important, is there a way to find these that I'm missing?

These items like the SNES are not game objects, they are like part of the walls. As you said, throughout the game are items of this kind that are crucial to complete the adventure. Don't worry, the relevant items are present in the object list.

2020-11-12 01:59:47

23:
It seems like not all items show up. that was the case in crystal as well.
the good news is that you don't need the snes or the TV in the living room, so maybe they're in a different category of item

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-11-12 02:02:43

for me they do show up so why not for you

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-11-12 02:19:20

Ah I see, I'm further into the game and the rest of the "signposts" are working correctly.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2020-11-12 02:40:52

I'm playing Pokemon Yellow Advanced, and the scripts are working fine! However, how do you get passed the fight againts Blue ware you have Pikachu and he has a Dratini? Thundershock is not very affective, then he uses Wrap which prevents me from attacking him.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-11-12 02:51:33

Dragon types are only weak against dragon, and ice i believe. Maybe catch yourself a gynx and train it, or teach one of your pokemon a dragon or ice move. Geridos should learn some naturally.

2020-11-12 03:03:01

Okay. I get why the link to the actual game had to be removed, so this isn't a complaint. However, I have to point out how amusing the result is to me. The post now basically says hey here's a script to make the game accessible, but here's the link to buy the game for the console which the script will be useless on. big_smile

2020-11-12 03:06:23

you should realy add and once you by the game look for a rom to download on your computer.

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-11-12 03:12:53

Thank you for the help, but I can't exactly catch anything yet. However, I did figure out how to do it. Pikachu also has Double Slap and Double Kick. Use Double Slap and hope that it hits five times, that will take out Blue's Dratini before it even gets a turn.

2020-11-12 04:35:40

Sorry about double posting, but since this is meant to work with the original Pokemon Yellow only, I know you can't catch every Pokemon (because of trade evolutions). Well, unless you use a Pokemon randomizer. Is their a Pokemon Randomizer that's accessible with NVDA? The program called Universal Pokemon Randomizer isn't, it doesn't read any of the check boxes or menus.

2020-11-12 07:47:43

Thanks for your work! I would always play to Pokemon yellow. I hope you will add more games. I don't remember how to add the support for another language, for example italian. Thanks.

2020-11-12 09:28:20

Thanks greatly for doing this! to date PCA is my favorite accessible game, so really appreciate this addition.

As for where to go after integrating crystal into your script, I would go absolutely nuts if you managed to make any gen 3 game work as they introduce quite a few features and do a lot of balancing that just drives me crazy in gen 1 and 2.

I understand that might just not even be possible, but just so you can gauge interest.

2020-11-12 09:56:10

Does any one here know how to execute the 0:00 glitch manually? I've seen scykoh do it and he managed to exit out of his house right to hall of fame and had a lot of glitched pokemon and items afterwards. I can probably check on glitch city laboratories or something but just asking here.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-11-12 12:13:02

@jack, the link that you provided doesn't work, it just says sinc.com control pannel  and shows me a link, or should i say just a url and stays there, no opening dialogue, yes, this is firefox i'm talking about. thanks

I am a hunter named Grunt. I didn't realize that until now.

2020-11-12 12:13:48

Can this script support Chinese pokemon?

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383
Haha, I can't speak English or Japanese, so I always use translation to speak English and Japanese. I like to make friends very much. My Skype: luyi2013312,

2020-11-12 13:47:54 (edited by Aron Leppik 2020-11-12 13:50:53)

Ya know what's the best thing about this? Being able to use pokemon stadium to teach my picachu surf.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-11-12 14:33:43

Reguarding the future: I'd love to play at least gen 3. No rush, no pressure I'm patient.

2020-11-12 14:48:42

Thanks for doing this. I grew up playing pokemon yellow, so will be nice to check out. I also like pca, but have noticed sone things that could be fixed. When a pokemon uses growl, leer, tail whip or string shot, the script does not say anything. All i hear is Cyndaquils.

2020-11-12 17:01:11

i managed to get the 000 save file with some crazy pokemon in their but have no idea what to do. also yes if you can go nuts with this get the latest possible games in here and everything in between. none of us are making you

2020-11-12 17:33:09

@rinks2006, you should do this on your own save. Did you download the save from some where or did you make it your self? If you managed to do it your self, can you teach me? I want to try it out.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-11-12 18:34:43

Hi:

Would it be possible to make story texts and the like read continuously and without too much choppiness. That's something that always bugs me about the PCA scripts.  Also, a little OT but does anyone have tips for playing Yellow or Crystal? Like, for example, how to check quest objectives or their equivalents in Pokemon. In comparing even Pokemon Yellow to Manamon, Manamon falls a bit short when it comes to navigation. Sure, Manamon has wall sounds, but imagine how much more pleasant it would be to have a camera, items of interest that you could find with the right keys, and pathfinder.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-11-12 18:37:15

sure. also you spelled my name wrong but yes i can help. so. just start a new game and get in game. go to the menu and save the game. and like a second after you say yes press controll r to reset the game. maybe it will work maybe it wont

2020-11-12 18:53:02

Boy, universal pokemon randomizer is accessible. I can use it with nvda, my friend can, maybe you have old version of java?

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2020-11-12 18:56:35

thats what i am gonna play after i compleat yellow

2020-11-12 19:31:52

I just downloaded the randomizer, and it works! No idea why it didn't before. Now to go play with the original Pokemon Yellow!