2020-11-11 20:10:05 (edited by nuive 2023-08-31 12:52:15)

Edit: Current version is 3.1.0. Compatible Games are:
-Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish versions.
-Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal: English, French, Italian, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese (Crystal only) versions.
-Pokémon Fire Red and Leaf Green: English (1.0 ROMs only) and Spanish versions.
-Pokémon Emerald: English and spanish versions.

HackRoms of this games: See post # 1238.

Hello everybody!

I have been working on the source code of Tyler Spivey's well-known Pokémon Crystal Access for some time, which, for those who do not know, are scripts to make Pokémon Crystal accessible.

Yes, I've been working on these scripts for a while to make them as universal as possible, and by "universal" I mean making them compatible with as many Pokémon games as possible.

Today I come with the first version of this project, compatible with Pokémon Yellow. Yes, I know a lot of people hope it was Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Sword, but that's still very far away, at least as far as I'm concerned. Better to start at the beginning ...

As I say, this is based on Pokémon Crystal Access. For those who have played it, most of the commands are the same, with some changes (it's all explained in the included readme).

The truth is that this is the first version and, although I already used it to play Pokémon Yellow, I modified the script while I was playing the game, so it is possible that there are things that do not work well at all.

I plan to make the script work with more than one game, detecting which game we are playing.
From there, it will depend a little on the general interest. I could add the compatibility for the rest of the similar editions (Pokémon Red, Blue, Gold and Silver) which would only require minor changes, although I understand that the interest in this would also be less, since the editions are almost identical.
And of course, the best of the best would be to be able to mess with the Game Boy Advance, but here the complications and buts increase by 10 ...

For now here is the current version.

The script ready to play the game (on Mega):
https://mega.nz/file/1kcmRTwR#6H4-hQcGM … uGoMmMoX00

The script ready to play the game (on Google Drive):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_jKpw2 … sp=sharing

The source code:
https://github.com/nuive/pokemon-access

And a spanish topic of this script, posted on tiflojuegos.com:
https://www.tiflojuegos.com/forum/guias … on-access/

Cheers!

PS: I'm sorry if I don't explain myself very well, I'm not English...

2020-11-11 20:42:42

Would lovw to be able to use this for emerald, so that we can play the definitive versions of the first 3 games.

2020-11-11 20:53:53

Excellent, glad to see another Pokemon game be made accessible via these scripts.
Anyone have any local resources for buying the game at a reasonable price? Over here, game-stopis selling it for $25.

2020-11-11 21:37:12

why is the rom included

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-11-11 21:50:25

rings2006 wrote:

why is the rom included

I saw the rom included in the post of Pokémon Crystal Access, so I included it here. If it's forbidden, I'll delete it.

2020-11-11 21:59:37

I think you can get it on the 3ds e-shop for cheap, much cheaper than 25 bucks anyway.

2020-11-11 22:12:16

Hi! Great work, really, really great!

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2020-11-11 22:22:14

That's great news! Too bad I was a bit much into rom hacks somewhat recently, playing Polished Crystal 3.0 beta and Red++ v3. Though don't get me wrong, I understand they probably aren't a priority, given the fact they are, well, rom hacks, and perhaps more frustratingly if you were to work on them, the fact they are works in progress.
But thanks to you I now have a new version of the scripts to try on them, and perhaps it will help!

2020-11-11 22:23:55

isnt it tecnicly piracy. if mods inforce one piracy and not a nother then i am just done or need a good reason

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-11-11 22:40:12

The scripts should legally be ok to pass around,  since  they are their own thing.

2020-11-11 22:59:56

thanks for that @1, i've got a new pokey monnic bizness to do now

I am a hunter named Grunt. I didn't realize that until now.

2020-11-11 23:02:46

yes. the scripts should be perfectly fine. the rom? no

2020-11-11 23:10:48

Would someone be willing to email me a direct link to the script? I'm having a hard time getting it from mega.

2020-11-11 23:37:44

Why! Has! No! One! Mentioned glitching yet! I'm so happy about this! I'll finally be able to use my pokemon yellow debug rom hack alone and glitch for the rest of my life! Memory editors, giving glitch pokemon to my self, i'm in heaven thanks sooooooooo much!

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-11-11 23:54:27 (edited by TheRealAmethyst 2020-11-11 23:56:14)

You don't really need this though, don't get me wrong I am glad it exist's. I am just personally not gonna recommend it or use it. I wanna play the game the way it's suposed to, Pokemon works if you are compleetly blind, it just takes a lot of pacions and a lot of sannety

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-11-11 23:58:46

isnt this only for pokemon cristal or is that its own thing and this is for more?

2020-11-11 23:59:27

Mods, if this is inapproppriate, please remove the link.
Just for any one that may want to play aorund with glitching
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16UdN1y … =drive_web

2020-11-12 00:03:29

what does this rom do difrent then normal pokemon yello

2020-11-12 00:08:36 (edited by Mudb0y 2020-11-12 00:10:38)

@18 It has a handy dandy item that allows you to do crazy things, like corrupt memory.
When you start a new game, simply go over to the pc, and click withdraw item. Instead of a standart potion, you'll find debug there.
I'd advice to play with the memory corruptor or executing code with F8, cause that's what people like to do lol.
There's also a cool hack called google translated pokemon, which essentially is what it is, which is google translated pokemon! Its also pokemon yellow, but pallet town was translated to shit. How? Ask google. I've seen Joel play this on stream and i was laughing hard, especially at the beta.

2020-11-12 00:15:49 (edited by rings2006 2020-11-12 00:18:25)

the debug rom and the normal one dont work. they just say unable to do something but it closes to fast to see what that is. is their a log i can find somewhere? and loading them from windows explorror once i gave it the emulator to open them iwth thye work

2020-11-12 01:08:32

Moderation.
Removing the links in 1, instead referring to some definitive resources on where to buy the game. Thanks for pointing out the 3ds e-shop, Kenshira.
If anyone's looking for a better link for the script, I've uploaded it here so that you don't have to deal with Mega.

2020-11-12 01:39:15

Thanks, i was able to get the scripts from the link.

2020-11-12 01:51:49

Hey so I just started this. The scripts work, but for some reason I can't use the j/l keys to select interactable items (like the SNES in the player's bedroom). A lot of those interactables are important, is there a way to find these that I'm missing?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2020-11-12 01:52:04

Very neat project. I've always had a soft spot for gen 1.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-11-12 01:53:59

is numberlock off? it should be. also i cant realy seem to do much difrent with the debug item. i can give pokemon but they arent named. i can crash the game with corupting memory. cool. but like how do i give specific pokemon like mewtwo