2020-10-31 05:33:40

hay guys. so I was going to use the nvda addon that bridges between a mac OS and windows. since I don't have in uf to buy a mac, o you guys have any virtual machines with voice over enabled that I can use? I really want to use the alex tts voice, and amung other things, I wish to have a mac so I can do other mac related stuff with out having to actualy buy one
if you can recommend me something i will be thankfull

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2020-10-31 05:46:41

Sadly (at least for this forum), Macintosh Virtual Machines (even that Electron one by Felix Rieseberg) are now a "Ray Area." So, hmmm...
Thus, best to wait for one of the mods to clarify things these days.

2020-10-31 05:46:53

very sorry but i have to report this. you arent alowed to just ask for them i am sure of it

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

Thumbs up

2020-10-31 05:47:07

This is impossible because Apple is super paranoid about pirates and hackers.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Thumbs up

2020-10-31 05:48:16

i thought you just couldnt ask

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

Thumbs up

2020-10-31 06:20:40

No, its not that you can't ask. Its because virtualizing a mac when your (not) on a mac is illegal under Apple's license agreement.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2020-10-31 07:02:41

Moderation.
@staticmaster: Per Apple's license, you cannot run a Mac virtual machine if you do not own the physical hardware. If you were to, for example, create installation media from your own mac and run it on your own time, then sure, but you cannot then go distributing it. Likewise, if you yourslef don't own the hardware, you also do not own a license for Mac OS. Short answer is no. This is a warning.
@Queenslight: If I remember correctly, 9to5 Mac or some other news source picked up the Electron vm. A lot of them are doing that lately. Also, doesn't Apple release *some* historic Mac revisions anyhow? I'd venture to guess it's more of an acceptable grayarea, and considering it's hit the main tech news circles and Apple hasn't squealed, I imagine they probably don't have too much of a problem with it, otherwise they would've said something by you. You know how they are with c&d's.

Thumbs up

2020-10-31 10:03:30

@jack

True indeed. I first mentioned about the Macintosh JS project thing on here (thanks to The Verge), in a thread which ya can find over here.

So uh, there ya have it.

Enjoy your day everyone.

2020-10-31 11:20:16

at 7
I am sorry, I didnt know if asking these things are permittable. I was going to buy a mac and thought I will not deel with all of this hassel so I thought i am gonna have a virtual macheen though
guess i will buy one and make it into a virtual machine if my brain functions correctly then

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2020-10-31 17:16:21 (edited by Simter 2020-10-31 17:18:36)

@3 thanks, every one wwanted to know that. I will never understand these people "i reported hahahahahahahaa i am so badass hahahahahahaha!".
@7 i doesn't even expect geting a vallit response, but i ask the mod time one more time to backup this stance, and i mean with links not with quotes. You did not do this 5 months aggo and suddenly turned silent when i asked the team for a link to what they where refering too, so right now this warning is baseless. Btw i know i am still on watch but since this watch was only pursued to make me shut up i wont follow this and still speak my mind about the nonsense that goes on here some times and it unfortunately gets worse and worse.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-10-31 17:23:54 (edited by Chris 2020-10-31 17:25:49)

It's not worth it. Apple will be switching to ARM processors very soon and I expect macOS will no longer support Intel in 5 years or less. If you really want a Mac, buy a Mac. Better yet, wait until the ARM models come out so that you futureproof yourself.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

Thumbs up

2020-10-31 17:39:51

the current bigsir supports intel.

2020-10-31 18:32:25

Hi.

At Statikmaster let me put it like that, creating a mac virtual machine under Windows is certainly possible, the ammound of work isn't as intense as if you were trying to put Mac OS on a windows machine as a normal operating system, if you know what you are doing, including the download of the things you need, oyu can do it under a hour.

I did it myself and can confirm that it works.
I can't tell you how to do it though given the forum rules, I can only say, google is your friend.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2020-10-31 18:53:02

i reported them because well its not ok to ask if you dont actualy have a mac yet. that is all i am going to say

Thumbs up

2020-10-31 21:58:45

@Simter: Did you not see the Apple license agreement quoted in other thread s of this type? Do your own research before presenting bad faith arguments.

Thumbs up

2020-11-01 00:06:36

why does the mod team like the word bad fait so much? And no i actually didn't see it only quotes from liam and even these where not backing up his stance. He used the quote where examples where given where a mac vm could be ran, but nothing there sais it is not allowed else where. Research your self first.

2020-11-01 01:33:12

@Simter: That's because you, the licensee, assume no right not expressly granted to you. A mac user does not own the mac, they have purchased a license to operate the mac. Those quotes were from the Mac OS license agreement, so how more authoritative of a source do you need?

Thumbs up

2020-11-01 01:39:44

@17 that, is a bad fait argument and nothing else, to speak it in the mod teams words. Do a company now have to express every thing that is allowed? No, they don't. And also there is not  such a thing as mac os licensing, that was back in 2012 and then it ended.

2020-11-01 01:40:31

@16, bad faith means an intent to deceive. And yes, this is strictly illegal under Apples license agreement:

J. Other Use Restrictions. The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to, install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so. You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary notices (including trademark and copyright notices) that may be affixed to or contained within the Apple Software. Except as otherwise permitted by the terms of this License or otherwise licensed by Apple: (i) only one user may use the Apple Software at a time, and (ii) you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be run or used by multiple computers at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Apple Software.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2020-11-01 01:46:27

This was quoted in another of the four or so threads about this topic.
@Simter: You act like this is news. All license agreements have a clause that states something along the lines of, all rights not expressly granted herein belong to *insert company here*. By your logic, if a license agreement said nothing about not being able to use the sound assets in a game, you have open season access, even by means of bludgeoning into the encrypted data, do view and reproduce the assets. In truth, a developer would not have their bases as well covered if they did not put it in the license, but it still does not help the offender's case if there is a line stating that all rights not expressly granted herein remain the property of the company.

Thumbs up

2020-11-01 03:15:44

@19 read your own quote, and then come back.

2020-11-01 05:38:54

Moderation:
Ok, Simter, it's enough. It's clear you are just stirring the pot at this point. All of these posts reference materials that are clearly available, and instead of conceding, you put on a show for us knowing full well you were on watch. This argument is entirely in bad faith, so there's no productivity brought forth herein. For violating your watch, we are instituting the ban set forth in this post. See you in a year.

Thumbs up +4

2020-11-01 09:33:00

@22, well-deserved, IMO. He clearly read the first sentence in the quotation, and this topic is clearly asking for a mac VM that is *not* on apple hardware. The guy isn't illiterate or retarded. He knows precisely what that sentence means.

My Github

Thumbs up

2020-11-01 09:51:02

He also knew that there is no source more authoritative about the Apple license than, well, the Apple license?
This pattern was easy to detect, as this is the same trick he tried when later trying to defend a clone project.

Thumbs up

2020-11-01 14:07:07

Erm, Are we seriously going to start banning people for, "Bad faith arguments"? Like, the guy wasn't rude or anything. He just voiced an opinion. Goodness. You have to be careful what you say round here cuz you might get warned or banned.
And lastly, before anyone points me to my support of MW's ban, the difference between her and Simter is she was actively causing harm not only to the mod base, but the forum as a whole, and just weeks after her ban.
TL:Dr, I don't think he shoould have gotten a warning, the diffference between him and MW is she was causing a rockus forum wide, while Simter occasionally popped into one or 2 topics, and still, he hasn't even been in anything serious for a few months now.
Eitherways, I shall take my leave.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up