2011-06-22 08:37:55

hi,

yeah there is a lot of problem around in my microphone whenever i try to record things.

the problem is, the computer only records the output , not the input that I try to speak.

for example, even using the windows sound recorder, I can only hear what jaws said, and not the words I speak in the mike during the recording.

the mike that I'm using is attached to headphones, not a standalone one.

I'd even try to check, configure, and update all the microphone related settings that i could recall, but still, no solution.

even I tried to change the headphones and mike, but the problem is the same everywhere.

at least, that is enough to make certain that  there is not a problem with the microphone, but with the computer itself.

could anyone please help me in solving this issue?

thanks,

regards,

---

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-06-22 15:14:49

Hi,
Well, to start with, the mike could not change that kind of thing. I take it you do have it set to microphone, andnot stereo mix or wave out?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-06-23 10:02:02

hi hayden,
I don't understand what you're saying, can you explain it a bit?

how to check whether it is in stario mix or wave out instead of headphones?

even in the windows sound recorder, it only records the output, so, in which settings to look for?

come on, I need a quite detailed help about this issue!

thanks,

regards,

---

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-06-23 10:49:15

You can look under control panel - sound and multimedia and see what device your recording is set to.

Some programs will change the device automatically (there's a midi converter that did this). You can also check the device in some programs. I've only ever done it with wave pad. If you have wave pad, you should be able to find an input device option when you start recording (you might have to use the jaws cursor to find it if you can't find it by tabbing).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-06-23 11:55:01

hi,
to make things clear, first of all, I'm using windows XP.

and i also have doubt about that does it have something to do with GoldWave?

because I have recently installed it and I think the problem is since then, but not quite sure however.

thanks,

regards,

---

2011-06-23 12:19:59

hi,
here is a log of the GoldWave troubleshooter test hope if someone could help interpreting the problem.

Computer:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (5.1, build 2600)
    Unbounded: On
    dc Filter: Off
        Master Output:    76
        Wave:    50

Input Levels:
        No master input control.
        Mono Mix:       100    (unselected)
        Stereo Mix:     0 !    (selected)
        SPDIF:          0 !    (unselected)
        Aux:            100    (unselected)
        CD Player:      100    (unselected)
        Line In:        100    (unselected)
        Microphone:     100    (unselected)
        Phone Line:     100    (unselected)

Certified
        Max rate: 192000Hz

+ Realtek AC97 Audio [0718]
        Driver: ALCXWDM.SYS
        Certified
        Max rate: 192000Hz

MME (waveOut):
    + Realtek AC97 Audio
        Driver version: 5.1
        Support flags: 0000002C
        Formats claimed to be supported:
           44100Hz, 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit
           48000Hz, 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit
           88200Hz, 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit
           96000Hz, 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit
           192000Hz, 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit

Certified

+ Realtek AC97 Audio [0719]
        Driver: ALCXWDM.SYS
        Certified

MME (waveIn):
    + Realtek AC97 Audio
    Driver version: 5.1
           192000Hz, 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit

2011-06-23 14:28:53 (edited by dhruv 2011-06-23 14:31:00)

go to ctrl properties, under devices tab, choose recording device drop down list, there choose your device. hope this helps
added: and make sure you chak the unbounded radio button under record tab of ctrl properties.

This is not a signature.

2011-06-23 14:54:19

no! it doesn't help! even I have tried uninstalling goldwave but,
the problem still exist!

please help, I'm really getting frustrated!

2011-06-25 06:47:48

hello
do as cae said, go into the controll pannal, sounds and audio devices.
press ctrl tab 2 times,see what's your device for recording,actually forget that.just go into your volume controll, if you don't know how to do that just in case,programs accesserys,entertainment. when the volume controll is open press the alt key that'll bring up a menu.press enter on properties. in the combo box,choose the imput device,when you press tab 2 times there'll be a combo box again, check each and everything which's there.
then a controll similar to the volume controll will open. there will be few volume controlls for microphone,ssterio mix, and some other things,but they don't matter here. there will be a volume, balance and a select check box for each of the things. check the select check box for the microphone,record something,and hopefully that should solve the problem.
HTH
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter