2011-05-23 18:17:04

Hi,
Ok...so I just logged back into the Forum, and to my horror foudn the Punstop Bot extension installed. I'd emplore whoever installed it to get rid fo the thig; it does not stop spambots, as it only havs two questions, and it's an annoyance to the humans aroudn here.
Something else bizarre I've noticed is the periods in front of topic names; what does that mean?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-23 18:27:05 (edited by Aprone 2011-05-23 18:28:01)

I just noticed those periods too.  At first I thought they were supposed to be images to indicate that a topic is a
ADDED:
When posting this I encountered the Punstop Bot for the very first time.  I agree with you, this thing will get old fast.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-05-23 18:34:47 (edited by Hayden 2011-05-23 18:37:29)

Hi,
I wonder who put that in, as well as the periods?
Edit: Yeah, that will get old fast; from ym experience with this thing in the past, it asks two question:
What is the name of our plannet?
And: say "hello"

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-23 18:59:32 (edited by CAE_Jones 2011-05-23 19:01:05)

The first question it asked me was the name of the site. Strikes me as being slightly more bot-stopping than the two generic ones you mentioned, but ... we'll see how it goes.

[edit] Hmm, I think the dot indicates if you've posted in the topic or not. Not sure, though. [/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-23 20:05:39

Well, it was used on the bgt forum... it got annoying pretty quickly, just not to make this topic has annoying... congrats aprone on becoming moderator

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2011-05-23 20:20:23

I have noticed something as well. When you click on new posts after logging in perhaps more than once a day, the same topics show up, with no new posts. In other words, the new topics of the day remain even if there are no new posts. This only happened after the forum was hakked. Hope that i am making sense here.

2011-05-23 21:14:47 (edited by SplendidFault 2011-05-23 21:19:50)

I am not even aware of the bot extension that Hayden is mensioning. What kind of disturbance does this thing cause?

Added: I got the answer wwhile I sent this post. wink

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-05-24 21:38:21

I think the dot only is in topics that have more than 25 replies. And the stop bot is just dumb.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-05-24 22:50:05

No kidding. If it didn't work on BLastbay's forum it's not gonna work here. And if a bot's already visiting the forum on this site having Stopbot ask for the name of the site isn't going to do any good.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2011-05-25 11:12:54

I see the dot on my Sonic topic (with less than ten), and not on the "favorite foods" topic (with 47), so I doubt it's number of posts. Unless it varies from user to user. lol

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-25 13:36:02 (edited by SLJ 2011-05-25 13:49:39)

It's weird that these changes are made without letting us know. The admins are great to keep us informed about changes etc, so I'm wandering if this forum has been hacked so much so different weird plugins has been instaled as well? Lol.
I've just noticed that the dot means you're the last person who have wrote a message in the topic. Pretty nice feature, but pretty useful to me as I of course knows if I have wrote the newest message.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-05-25 14:56:38

Actually, i am seeing dots for topics i haven't even posted in. I honestly think its random.

2011-05-25 15:28:44

Hm. I'm only seeing it for topics I've posted in. Maybe it is random? lol

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-27 03:46:54

Hi,
I don't know, I just wis the periods andthe bot extension would be removed: maybe it's not annoying for some, but for me hearing JAWS say "dot" seemingly randomly isn't my idea of comfortable reading.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-27 13:04:00

The bot is actually really annoying for me.
There was an announcement in the "small changes to the site" topic in the admin suggestions forum (which, btw, is public as it allows anyone to make suggestions.

2011-05-27 21:03:40

I only saw it once, which is probably a good thing. But who knows. I could click the send button and see it again.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-05-30 07:27:23

i also seeing it and it is a very bad thing!

This is not a signature.

2011-05-30 10:52:12

Hi. Yeah, the dot thing seems to be random.
The bot questions are really bad and totally useless. Yu can just type in some wrong answers, and your message will get through, so I don't see any reasons for adding this. It just seems to be a fake plugin which seems to keep spambots away, but it doesn't help much when it doesn't matter what you answer to these question. Lol. Try it, just to check if it also works for you.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2011-05-30 11:28:08

the dot things,as far as I know,aren't rendom.
They come up in the topics on which you have posted. I do agree,though.they are anoying.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2011-05-30 13:52:03

I find the questions you have to answer when posting more annoying, especially when it's useless. If that system worked as it should, it would be awesome.

Best regards SLJ.

2011-05-30 15:41:52

Yeah, the fact that it doesn't work is really the kicker.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-06-13 21:40:46

I wish those dots would be remooved because when I try and go in to the headings list and press lets say t to go to a topic that starts with t it doesn't work because it has dot infront of it. So if the topic I need is at the bottom of the list or right in the middle of it I have to go right down it's so annoying!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-14 06:30:22

hi,
I found a way to manage that radiqulas question. answer first question, then press enter. then, in second question, you answer it, then focus on the answer botun, then press it with your space bar. for me, it works. hope this helps all,
dhruv

This is not a signature.

2011-06-19 04:31:45

Hi,
Could you explin that again? I did not quite understand your  sollution.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-06-19 06:11:19

hi,
you first answer the question, and then, not press enter, there is a button called answer button. don't press enter on it, press space on it.
tell me if this works.

This is not a signature.