2020-06-16 10:36:45

Morning everyone,

Just a quick note to say the [email protected] email is back up and running once again.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

2020-06-18 23:28:28

Coolness. Definitely looking forward to more Sable.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-07-05 20:00:19 (edited by Dragons 2020-08-05 05:38:46)

This topic hiding all the way down there again. So I thought I just bring it up here again. For those that have a hard time to find it.

Thanks!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-08-05 05:41:46

Alright! Let's bring this back up here again. I hate keep turning pages and pages.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-08-05 07:40:31

Seriously, what's the point of doing that? Do you have anything new to say? Otherwise, I'll say it's spam...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-08-05 12:25:21

Also, your browser has a bookmarks function, your desktop will support URLs as shortcuts, your search bar probably has history searching, and your history tab will probably have a search function.

Your welcome.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2020-08-05 13:00:36

When you will release sable?

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2020-08-05 18:27:22

I can't wait until Sable get's released!
You name the price, and I pay

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-08-06 08:02:43

pates wrote:

When the development has been finished.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2020-08-06 14:31:05

SLJ wrote:
pates wrote:

When the development has been finished.

Yes, but when? Smile.

2020-08-06 14:31:22

I will buy sable, of course!

2020-08-06 16:13:06

@pates: Patience. Paul will release it when it is polished and ready for release. Continued nagging will only make that process drawn out even more. AFter all, if Paul has to reply answering questions like that that's time he could have spent writing code, or maybe handling other business rather than tend to the impatience.
It's good to be excited, but asking questions like when is it going to be released, twice? crosses into annoyance teritory.

2020-08-06 16:16:56

If there was a release date I'm sure Paul would have announced it.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-08-06 16:31:28

Considering he hasn't, going off of audio games history that's a wise, wise choice. Even with release dates the angry community will still be ever-present asking again adn again, and even if they deliver, will be houdning them with bug reports already promising to be addressed.
In case people don't know, there is a lot of coordination, and, yes, red tape, that goes into a mainstream title's release date. A game's midnight launch is no spontaneous event. The press has the game probably a week before everyone else does, which has of course spilled into crowdfunding benefits like spcial early access. But when you pre-download a game to your console nowadays, it's absolutely ready for playing that week before the official release date, failing a few patches that will be applied automatically anyhow.
With an audio game that is not the case, because there is no huge team in place to make sure a release date can be honored, and dare I say it if it weren't for release dates in mainstream titles employees wouldn't be worked to the point of dangerous exhaustion and mentally draining burnout (ahem, Rockstar, here's looking at you).

2020-08-06 16:39:16

Exactly. We just have to be patient, hard as it seems for some people in this community.

2020-08-10 23:49:27 (edited by lemm 2020-08-10 23:51:26)

Hi everyone,

Its paul here from Ebon Sky Studios.  i've just posted an update on Sables progress to our Facebook page and thought i'd share it here too, so the post is below:

With both the public and private alpha testing of Sable now come to an end, I wanted to  once again say a thank you to everyone, and also give an update on Sable. As mentioned in a previous post, all reported bugs from the public alpha are now fixed. This has given me some time to focus on some of the suggestions and feedback which came in during the public Alpha. I’ve been busy working away adding new features over the past couple of months. Although I won’t list them all here, I thought I’d share some of the key additions:

-I’ve added a tool for creating new class’s and also editing existing party member class’s (I think this was one of the most requested features during the public alpha testing). I’ll be continuing to fine-tune this.

-Added code so all NPC’s can now give multiple quests. There is no limit to how many they can give  and this means you can now have NPC’s set quest chains (something else asked after a lot during testing).

-Added the ability to assign multiple event triggers to NPC’s

-Added various other functions to NPC dialogs, which should give creators more flexibility, such as:
.The ability to block off lines of speech (which need to be unlocked to access).
.The ability to add as much speech as you like before after and during quests being set, rather than just creating singular speech lines.
.You can now create either individual speech lines  (as before), or blocks of speech for the NPC’s (where you have to press a key to progress the speech, rather than having to  interact with the NPC to get the next line of text). Really handy for creating conversation style dialogs.

-Created a couple of new event triggers. One of these allows you  to create an event trigger which sets the player a quest (this means it is now possible for any object in sable to set a quest using this event trigger). Similar to NPC’s you can set multiple quests and lock parts of the quest so it can only be access once unlocked.

-Added the ability to create sizable panning sounds and sizable trigger objects.

-Added the ability to assign custom battle music and battle ambience for each map (this can be handy for people  wanting battles to sound different in different locations)

-Added a creator option to change the gender selection during party set up to anything of your choosing, such as race, breed, type etc. As a further addition to this, rather than just being tied to the ‘male or female’ options as in the public alpha, you can now add whatever sound sets to the player folder and  these will self-populate into sable as options for the player to select during party set up.

There are quite a few other changes which have gone in too, but these are just  a few additions I thought you’d all like to know about.
Although I still have more features to implement and need to add a lot more polish, Sable is at a stage where it has everything required for the game design team to be building our first game, Crimson Eclipse.
The focus here at Ebon Sky Studios will now be switching fully over to the game development side of things.

Since we’ve probably all heard enough from me over the past few months
wink, I’m passing the proverbial Ebon Sky Studios torch over to the game design team. They will introduce themselves in an upcoming post, and over the coming months will be posting news and updates relating to Crimson Eclipse, so stay tuned  for more news on that!

Finally, once again a big thanks to everyone for their help, support and suggestions during both the public and private alpha Sable testing!

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios

2020-08-11 00:29:48

Hi Paul.
I have small idea.
Trade item for item, for example. Npc wants iron, and he can give you steel sword for iron

2020-08-11 07:15:43

Hi.
Thanks for the update. Really great new features for sure. Those will make a huge difference for sure.
Keep up the fantastic job guys. I look so much forward to Crimson Eclips.
@pates: If you haven't noticed, the time to post ideas to Sable ran out long time ago. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2020-08-11 10:44:12 (edited by TheRealAmethyst 2020-08-11 10:44:30)

This is amazing, I can't wait to play the game and ofcource use Sable.

2020-08-11 12:45:54

Yes, I will buy sable!

2020-08-11 16:05:31

Hi,

Thanks for the great update. I, as of now, don't think I'll be creating something with Sable since I don't think I am creative enough for that, but I still believe that, through Sable, there will be some great audiogames coming from more People.
I am also Looking Forward to playing Crimson Eclipse. This is, together with Pitch Black, one of the two games I am most excited for currently.

I have a Question About SAble though: Which programming language is this based on (asking because of 64-bit/future-proofness)?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-08-11 16:28:17

It is made using BGT

2020-08-12 00:18:52

Hi everyone,

Pleased to hear everyone liked the sound of the new additions. As mentioned some of these were as a direct result of feedback received during the public Alpha, the new features definitely add the possibility for some interesting game mechanics. It’s also really good to hear so many people are excited about Crimson Eclipse too, I’m really looking forward to that myself  as I’ve seen all the work the game design team and our sound designer are putting into that. I’ll answer a couple of the questions which have come in.
@pates, as SLJ mentioned , with the public and private alpha testing now closed our full focus as mentioned yesterday is shifting over to our game Crimson eclipse. A common problem with development is feature creep, where you get caught up adding so many features nothing ever gets released, which is something we don’t want to fall pray to here at Ebon Sky Studios. Once Crimson Eclipse has been released and people have seen first-hand what Sable is capable of and we have a polished more complete beta version of sable that’s when we would be looking for feedback on additional features. What I would say though just to answer your question, you could do what you had  asked for using the quest system already built into Sable, you could create the iron ore as a quest completion key and when you return it to the NPC he would give you the iron sword in exchange. it may not be exactly what you were after,, but I think would have the same results.
@Juliantheaudiogamer, I know what you mean about creativity, I actually attempted to write my own Audio game RPG long before Sable or Ebon Sky Studios was a thing, I built a lot of the coding framework , but when it came to storyline and the creative writing side of it I found out I wasn’t so good at that side of it  smile. Ebon Sky studios was formed sometime after that when I met up with a fellow gamer  with a similar passion for RPGs (we’d both played many of the same main stream RPG titles when we were younger),  although he doesn’t code  it turned out he was an excellent writer with a ton of really interesting game ideas. We decided to pull our resources and that’s how Ebon Sky Studios came about. so although personally I’m not very creative, with Sable I can happily work away on what I enjoy doing which is code, whilst the game design team work on the creative side of everything like game design, scripts, storyline , mechanics stats etc. we actually now have two game designers plus a professional sound designer too, which are all part of the Ebon Sky Studios team and busily working away on Crimson Eclipse. it’s a nice set up since although we all work closely together, we can all focus on our own areas and what we enjoy doing the most, having everyone playing to their own strengths.  Similarly, This is one of  the other reasons we built Sable, since I believe we  have a ton of really talented individuals within the audio games community, but not everyone can code, hopefully Sable gives those people the tools to turn their creative ideas into stories we can all play and enjoy. I appreciate that was a really long answer to a question you technically didn’t ask smile, but since you mentioned creativity it made me think of this, plus , I thought you and others might be interested in how Ebon sky Studios came about and some more about the rest of the team. Regarding your question about Sable itself, as Gamulation mentioned the current version of Sable is written in BGT, it’s important to remember though this version is just a prototype. If Sable is successful the plan would be to rewrite Sable in a full programming language to offer more flexibility and futureproof the engine. That’s a long way off though as first we have to release Crimson Eclipse and then release a full official complete version of the current prototype Sable, to find out if a set of development tools like Sable is something the community is interested in and wants.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios

2020-08-12 00:59:56

@lemm
I have a suggestion, I don't know how you wrote your code so how difficult that would be to make possible, but did you think about adding a multi language function to sable? When i wrote my first rpg prototype (which unfortunately broke btw, kind of curius if you have fixed this can not open file bug yet) it was often wierd because all the elements where in english but the game it self was in german. Resulted in combinations like "verwirrt faded from bogenschütze."(confused faded from archer.).

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-08-12 01:48:18

Hi,
Quwest can't be done few times, this is only problem with my idea.
Crimson eklipse can be released in this year? Any chances?