2020-07-31 20:38:09

Hi everyone!
I hope my topic is not violating any rules. If it is, just remove it.
Where can I buy a Windows 10 PRO license key cheaper than Microsoft? I want a genuine key, not these sold on Amazon or whatever.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-07-31 20:53:49

If you want a genuin one it's gonna be from microsoft.

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

2020-07-31 21:13:43 (edited by jack 2020-07-31 21:14:00)

@supremekiller: Untrue.
https://www.cdkeysales.com/microsoft-wi … redmondpie
$17 for Windows 10 Pro. Genuine, digital delivery, single-motherboard OEM license but most folks don't really need a retail license for Windows 10 anyway. AS long as the cdkey system remains in place for activation, there will always be bargain bin opportunities.

2020-07-31 21:26:11

https://software.pcworld.com/p36877-win … ofessional
This ends in 3 hours. It's a one-pc license but I don't think it is bound to your motherboard like an OEM one, I think you can transfer to another computer as long as you are only using it on one. Regularly this is very expensive (for me is $259 canadian) but there's a 75% discount right now so it's only $59 canadian.

2020-07-31 21:34:13

Oh, I found that one. How do you think, is it legit?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2020-07-31 21:41:02 (edited by Lucas1 2020-07-31 21:42:05)

If you are talking about mine, I used it a few weeks ago. I wanted BitLocker and windows sandbox and whatnot. It is working good so far. I think Microsoft wants to extend the life of Windows 10 for a long time, so I'll probably be able to use the key for years.

2020-07-31 22:56:34 (edited by serrebi 2020-07-31 22:57:47)

https://softwarepla.net/ sounds like a possible business model. Keys worked that I've bought. They buy keys from OEM partners that can't sell them.

2020-07-31 23:24:18 (edited by Ghost 2020-07-31 23:30:25)

Guys, I highly recommend you go get it from the link Lucas provided.  This dealer is 100% legit, unlike the wholesale OEM keys you can get off places like Ebay. These are retail full pro licenses, meaning you can just transfer the license to another pc when your computer crashes.
Edit: the offer is extended for the whole of August.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2020-07-31 23:40:30

Wait, Retail licenses of Windows 10 Pro for $14? Are you serious? I really, really hope this isn't a scam! If it's not, I'll definitely be picking up one or two of these. I've got some computers at home I'd like to run Pro.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-08-01 00:54:28

no, the retail is 40, last I remember. That is still a very good price though for pro, and a transferable license at that.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2020-08-01 09:00:17

I don't know how, but my Dell PC came with Win10 Home, and it had bitlocker turned on by default.
That actually landed me in a huge expencive problem later.

2020-08-01 09:58:07

I just bought one of these 3 dollars licenses from Ebay.
They said that I had to reinstall windows because I had home, but the guy was nice enough to give me an upgrade key so it upgraded from home to pro by itself and I could also use the other key.
Reloook.com is ok too, but there you actually have to reinstall.
I won't talk about other software from Ebay that I got and I am happy with, but if you look carefuly, you won't get scammed.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-08-01 14:10:20

@jack, I don't really understand the following, mind helping?
Within in my Settings, I have an alert saying that the computer's Windows version is tied to my Microsoft  account but what does this mean? Does this mean that I can get a new computer and use that linked Windows version from my Microsoft account? But I have multiple computers with different versions of Windows 10 as that was what they installed with.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-08-01 14:31:21 (edited by pitermach 2020-08-01 14:32:19)

That message basically just means that Windows uploaded its activation status to your microsoft account for that computer. So, if you were to completely wipe that computer, maybe even swap a drive or two, install Windows from scratch skipping entering a key during install and log into a microsoft account, you should find that windows automatically reactivated itself. This is saved for each computer individually.

And while we're on the topic, something else that might be helpful is that any computers that came bundled with Windows 8 or later will have their key embedded in the firmware. So if you were to install windows from scratch on one don't be surprised if the installer doesn't even ask for a key, and this is still true if you install Windows 10 on a computer that originally had something older since upgrades were free. Of course, that key will match the edition of Windows that was included - which will most likely be Windows home unless it's a really high-end business computer. If you later decide to upgrade that installation to Pro, this is when the license being tied to your account will come in handy since immediately after you reinstall and sign back in Windows should just upgrade itself.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2020-08-01 16:21:55

Hi friends!
I'm mad, to say the least and not use any swear words here.
I have bought a Win10 PRO key from the PC world and guess what?
0xc004f050 error when trying to upgrade. WHat am I doing wrong?

2020-08-01 16:26:44

OK I have fixed the problem. Apparently when I restarted, Windows was in the PRO mode, but how to check if my OS key is genuine?

2020-08-01 18:19:44

the key is genuin otherwise it wouldn't have accepted it in the online activation.

2020-08-01 18:25:17

Maybe it's legit, not genuine. Who knows? I am happy nonetheless smile

2020-08-01 18:37:18

A key can't be legit but not genuin. But PCWorld is a well known site so they are trustworthy alot more than Ebay sellers are.