2020-07-12 16:21:14

As the elves said to the shoe maker, just a small amount of fixing to report today.
Then again, as the elves also said to the shoemaker, a small amount of fixing is all that is required for everyone to be healed.

Updates by Pitermach:
Cleaned up description for Materiamagica, plus added correct link to soundpack.
Updates by dark:
Cleaned up description for forum wars.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-07-13 19:54:47

Wery small changes, but ok.

meow meow.

2020-07-14 00:30:54

@PatrykK, as I said when we began Sunday updates, the commitment wasn't that there would be huge major db changes every week, just that myself, and everyone else working on the db would try and do something!
Since committing to doing something means that something gets done, whereas simply sitting on the updates and only posting when we have a sufficient amount means less updates over all.

Plus of course, a lot of the really major things that needed doing to the DB EG addig entries for major game releases like Manamon 2, undead assault or bari bari racer, as well as creating new genre categories and sorting out existing games has been done anyway.

this isn't to say updates are stopping, just that we're far more on track than we were, and of course, feel free to suggest anything you think needs adding or fixing as always.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-07-14 00:58:52

@Patrick K
Way better than nothing.  I'm just happy to see it being done consistently...

2020-07-15 10:19:14

Just a small remark: I've browsed the news topics and in one of them you mentioned removing Zombies, Run 5k training and the walk from the database. The walk is clearly not accessible because you need to click special places on your map, but Zombies, Run 5k is completely accessible except the starting screen which only appears once. Switching Voice Over off and sliding your finger to the left through the pages will open the main app and from then on, it's completely accessible like the main game. I'm in week six now. smile

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2020-07-17 19:53:54

When I tried the game myself, I found a lot of screens I got stuck in with no way back, as well as no ability to alter properties of runs or the like.
I did find I could go back by turning off vo and poking aroundd but it seemed a little imprecise to me.

This is probably something where talking to the developers might help, since it likely wouldn't take much to make Zombies run 5k training as accessible as the main game.

2020-07-18 12:28:26

It's true that when you finish a mission, you can't go back to the mission selection screen. But that doesn't bother me very much because after a mission I'm finished anyway and close the app. Regarding tracking settings, for me they show up normally and I can change them as usual.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2020-07-19 17:11:39

This is slightly random, but could you enable markdown for forum posts and comments?

Journalist and gamer

2020-07-19 22:41:16 (edited by Dark 2020-07-19 22:45:10)

@targor, I'll have another look at the ap and access, since it did seem to me the settings couldnt' alter much in terms of stride length, duration etc, and there weren't really handy tabs or way to navigate around the app as in standard zombies run.

I will admit I was also a bit sorry I couldn't alter the mission properties quite as much, since I personally like to do a 20-25 minute sprint on my mini trampoline, and have set distances for that to equal roughly 4-5 K (since running on a mini trampoline is harder and a slightly different exercise to running normally), so I was slightly disappointed that the track in 5K training was both longer and slower than expected.

Not that this has anything to do with the accessibility of course.

@Thork, what exactly do you mean by "markdown?"

If you mean thumbs down, IE decreasing user karma, it is because when this was enabled in 2012, people used the thumbs down more than thumbs up and one member even ended up on negative 150 karma within a week, indeed the thumbs down system just seemed to bring out people's punative side, and that was eight years ago when the internet was far less negative than it is now.
The karma system was only intended as a bit of fun and a way of saying "hay that post was cool", anyway, and thus not something to be taken too seriously.

obviously, since I'm no longer an admin it's not my decision, but I wouldn't personally be a fan of bringing this back, since I would be willing to bet money if it was so miss used in 2012, god knows what sort of shit storm it might create in today's climate.

2020-07-20 11:30:43

Markdown is a simple text formatting language where you can, for example, type ## introduction to get a heading level 2 with the text introduction. But since this is possible without markdown in this forum, I don't see the advantage.

2020-07-20 14:22:42 (edited by Dark 2020-07-20 14:22:59)

Ah, that makes a bit more sense than bringing back user karma.

Yep, you can already do those sorts of things with bbcode.

2020-07-21 22:04:10 (edited by Lucas1 2020-07-21 22:04:28)

BB Code is super annoying compared to Markdown, and far less standardized. But unfortunately, nothing will ever get done around here because of the webmasters, so maybe by the time there's a new standard for this type of thing in 2025 or 2030, we will have markdown!