2019-09-10 22:51:13

@50, I have one in that list. It has no headings, sadly, but is a good way of learning it at the API level in cases whenre things like driver, OS, and bootloader development is not a necessity. Its under the C, C++, and Assembly category.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-09-11 04:10:01

Gotcha. I did C that (please tell me you get the joke, ehem...) Anyways, I'll check it out. Just figured I'd ask since it was the only one on the list. Thanks!

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-09-11 15:21:01

@52, yeah, I get the joke. Lol. There are more asm books out there -- at least one other I know of hat's actually good -- but its hard to find any good modern ones out there any more since ASM is only used in particular situations.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-11-18 12:11:12

why are all the stuff there to purchase? arn't there any free books or guides? i havn't gon through the hole topic yet, but just my first thing that i saw...

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-11-18 23:32:17

@54, not really, at least not that I know of. I need to update the list, though it gets more complicated the larger the list gets.

My Github

2019-11-26 16:27:15 (edited by Blind angel 444 2019-11-26 19:24:29)

Thanks for the help from this site. I need help with learning how to program and develop my own audio games. Are there any free python learning books or guides for the blind. Also for learning how to use accessibility and games.Also resources for learning how to use graphics.

2020-01-04 06:52:19

@Ethin:
I know that there aren't any books about this topic in your list, but do you know any book or site for learning HTML and CSS with exercises?

2020-01-04 13:23:18

Hello, great topic! thumbs up at 1!

2020-01-16 07:33:01 (edited by Ethin 2020-01-16 07:34:46)

@57, unfortunately I don't. Sorry smile.
@56, there are no books on audio games or accessibility testing (or at least no books on audio games). There may be books on accessibility; if so I haven't found any. The OpenGL graphics books that are in my list will help you with graphics programming -- or at least doing graphics that way. I don't have any books on Vulkan, unfortunately, though Vulkan is a totally different beast.

My Github

2020-01-16 08:35:30

Update: added a few more books and information on some good IDEs and text editors.

My Github

2020-03-29 19:24:07

Are there libraries for Bgt?

2020-03-29 19:32:37

at61
no, these aren't about bgt
this topic is about following things:
C, C++, and Assembly
Rust
Ada
Python
C#
JVM-based and JavaScript
PHP
F#
Perl
Go
Other books
Books that are not EPUBs (i.e. PDFs)
Game Audio
IDEs and Editors
Text Editors
Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)

2020-03-30 12:29:13

I cannot convert a file written in Python scripting language to .exe format. For example, there is no editor like bgt editor. I am using python3 but it cannot be said that I can make a project. Thank you for your help.

2020-03-30 22:35:29

@63, you can do this with tools like PyInstaller.

My Github

2020-03-31 14:00:01

thank you.

2020-04-04 12:19:06

Ethin, you might want to add you don't know js yet for java script.

https://github.com/getify/You-Dont-Know-JS

The link above will take you to the github page for the books, where they are free for reading.

2020-04-05 05:02:08

@66, added. Thanks.

My Github

2020-04-26 17:07:06 (edited by rayshow 2020-04-27 10:48:08)

In my opinion, Wix a perfect platform that can be used by a newbie. It's pretty intuitive. A good friend of mine who also started his online business, hired a web designer from https://www.kossoftware.com/ to build his website. Hiring a skilled web designer is key if you simply don't have the time or motivation to learn how to do the web stuff yourself. But my starting budget was close to zero, and I was interested in crafting a site by myself. So Wix fully met my needs

2020-05-28 20:52:43

i think you should add the jetbrains ides as well, as they are accessible

2020-07-03 17:42:06

Hi.
Django resources should be updated. In particular, Django by example is somewhat out of date. This is a newer and thus a more up to date version.

2020-07-13 16:04:14

@Ethin:
I noticed that there aren't any books for c pointers in the collection. So, I am recommending this one:
Understanding and Using C Pointers: Core Techniques for Memory Management by Richard Reese.
the amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Us … 1449344186

2020-07-14 20:51:41 (edited by Ethin 2020-07-14 20:55:50)

@70-71, contributions added. Also, all content has been moved to git hub over here: https://github.com/ethindp/it-resources. I'll update the OP to notify readers of this fact, but will keep the original content for historical purposes. Changes include:

1. Added four new books related to the Haskell programming language

2. Split the JVM and JavaScript languages into their own sections

3. Added three books on computer architecture from The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design.

4. Merged the non-EPUB books into the "other books" section

My Github

2020-07-15 15:00:09

Ethin, should we stop recommending resources here?

I am asking this mainly because I don't know how to use github... yet.

2020-07-15 19:04:43

@73, yes... it'll be better to use the github issues function for that now.

My Github

2020-07-22 18:26:40

here is an online java script tutorial  that is supposed to be a book that i ret    and learned more  basic js from for the last year
https://javascript.info/

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw