2020-07-10 16:03:14

I think I've finally seen a move that seems to maybe miss more for the computer than it does for the player. I seriously can't remember ever seeing swift slam do anything useful. When the computer uses it, it just misses most of the time.

2020-07-10 16:12:11

Hm. Mine always hit, no matter who uses it. Oh. Also, where can you find the resister advanst? I know someone has it but I don't know where to find it. I'm asuming its on the catacombs.

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2020-07-10 16:20:05

Pretty sure that one is in the item guide, as a manamon collection reward. My old file had one, but I can't find that save anymore. I stashed it somewhere, and either it's gone completely because I accidentally deleted it when doing housecleaning, or I just forgot where I dumped it. Ah well.

I've seen Swift Slam hit plenty, actually. I think you just had weird luck.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-07-10 16:39:19

I can't speak to the luck I have in using it because I don't have anything that gets it. Well, Guerrerrol gets it, but I never take it and just have slash in that slot. But when I set up on the Rescumo in the master stadium, I can watch it miss that move over and over and over again. It's kind of funny. Isn't it like 95 accurate?

2020-07-10 16:41:46

It is, and I have no idea why it misses so often. I have it on my Bulderdash, though admittedly I usually stick to Stone Spin. It's a little weaker as a move, but it's got 100 accuracy and gets STAB, so unless I'm fighting an earth or fighting type or some such, it's usually better. The only thing that flat-out walls Bulderdash is Pandourbit.

2020-07-10 17:39:45

Wel, its just me rambling, But I find it really annoying that some manamon got moves out of nowhere or got a useless move that the manamon has either already has a better version, or can't take the attvantage from.
Oh. Before you said something around the line, Yeah dude, that is something obvious.
Who wouldn't get annoyd by that?
Please keap in mind that I'm just throing my opinion out. Let people know what I think and Finding out what people think about what I'm thinking. Its pretty guessable, so feel free to skip this post.
Here is some of examples that I can found.
Mondevol, obtaining final thunder, a 140 effect points move with 100% accurasy that will lowered the users majic attack by 2 stages. Why doo the guy needs final thunder when the guy has superspark, the guy literelly can even learn it on level 32, if you stick it as a montor. He could  got energy pulse or aura impact. But no, the poor robot majic move that it can take attvantage from is aura master.
Next. Leonatar, obtaining a chomp instead of crunch. Seriously. Why chomp? a shadow type move that is basicly the brother of crunch, it has the same effect points, almost the same sound, has the same accurasy, critical rate etc. Why giving it a shadow move when he will have a boost with a standered moves.
Anyways. I don't think you wanna here any more of my rambling. You get the point. Tel me what you think if you actually reading this instead of skipping. smile

2020-07-10 17:44:08

Leonatar already gets Slash as memory serves, so giving it Chomp actually increases its coverage a bit. It also gets Charge of Fury if you're into that (I'm not). I agree that thematically it could and should get Crunch if it gets Chomp. In fact, in the pokemon franchise, Crunch is a dark-type move, and so is Bite. They weren't that way in gen 1.
Regarding Mondevol, I completely agree with you. Final Thunder is okay (it's a good nuke, and Re-arm band can help with this), but Energy Pulse would have been extremely welcome on this thing.

A few examples I can think of:
Why doesn't Dramegon get Dragon Blast? Instead, it gets Dragon Fang and Draco Breaker.
Why doesn't Oristar get a better special-type wind move?
Why do certain manamon get Mud Ball at such a high level?
Why does Dormanoid get Chilly Wind?

I could go on - and have - for a long, long time, but I won't bother. The game is kind of busted. This is why I play it trying to make it more difficult.

2020-07-10 17:55:10

This is just purely a guess, though I think a logical one, but Aaron must have been sitting on the mud ball section of the code, and a mon needed a move, so mud ball it was. No one, absolutely no one, quite literally no one, ever, is going to see mud ball as a welcome addition on any manamon on their team when they're all in the mid 50s. Moves like that are usually the last ones I'd think to use, and thus the first ones to go when I need to forget a move to make room for a new one. So, another running-out-of-gas-quickly-here moment.

2020-07-10 18:00:13

Well, its situational. 90 effect points is quite a bit lower than 140, so if you know you're going to switch your mon anyway because of what your opponent will bring out next, you can insta kill things with 140 points. Chomp is quite nice for coverage, as well, to get rid of magic and ghosts faster. But yeah, if Leonratar's strongest move is still slash...

2020-07-10 18:06:45 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-10 18:17:40)

Ah, I completely forgot about slash. Thanks. smile
Also, have you guys test out the camera guy? I havn't got time to test that thing. I got it to transform then I started out a new playthrough.
Edit. Wel, the guy will only learned final thunder on somewhere in the 60s, which is probably around the time you reach master stadium. I don't really think there is anyone weak to electric in there, wel, maybe the syren is an exception. And artisoul if you bring an air type  first and then swich to electric. But stil, I rather spamm superspark rather than using final thunder. I don't know why.

2020-07-10 18:16:21

I think that's one a lot of people have been meaning to try out but ultimately haven't. Not sure if I will do it this time, but I'll probably do it at some point.

I actually quite like marlaunt so far. Its got a bunch of annoying moves, but also the move element assault, which it gets at level 25 or there about. That move is 60 effect points normally, but 90 effect points against opponents with two types. And since there are so many multitype mons, Marlaunt actually gets a 90 effect point move really quickly. Of course, it can also be just 60, but around this level that's still fairly decent. I just hope this isn't the only offensive move it gets...

I've also included the Skelitten line on this playthrough. Its not superb, but its not horrible either.

And honestly, I get much more frustrated with so many mons learning stuff like entangle, smoke shield, etc at really high levels...

2020-07-10 18:30:32 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-10 18:33:12)

Marlaunt ehh, Wel, Its sad to say, that you will probably have to stick with element assault most of the time, because the ghost will only learn spirit force at somewhere around 38 40, and frenzied_rage around 44. Other than that, its mostly status inflicter. If you don't mind the confusion, you can probably go with frenzied rage.

2020-07-10 18:44:53

Marlaunt appears fairly fast, and it does get Restrain, so it's not dead in the water. Spirit Force is a pretty good move. I believe it also gets Charge of Fury if you're into that.

Cofatena appears decent across the board. It's going to rely on Energy Pulse, Sawtooth and/or Tactical Rush for damage, but it also gets Smoke and Mirrors to annoy, as well as Parrot and Copy, I believe. Again, not dead in the water, but gimicky.

Mud Ball can be frustrating, and Smoke Shield is just downright trollish. Some pokemon learn Double Team or Minimize at reasonably high levels, I believe, but such tactics are usually frowned upon in high-level competitive play. I think the fundamental difference in approach here - well okay, there are lots, but here's a big one - is that Aaron likes luck and randomness, while the established pokemon metagame eschews that as much as possible by banning moves that do nothing except raise evasiveness. Moves that have a chance of missing are okay. Moves that have accuracy lowering as a secondary effect are okay. But moves that purely daise evasiveness or lower accuracy are outlawed, and for good reason. Battles with this much potential for skill-based decision-making should come down more to, ahem, actual skill than random rolls of the dice.

2020-07-10 18:51:27

Conjure Sword Would be really welcome for cofatena... I think.

2020-07-10 19:00:50 (edited by arjan 2020-07-10 19:04:20)

Perhaps its just me, but evasiveness seems to do very little. I'm having far more trouble against things that lower my own accuracy rather than things with higher evasiveness. maybe its because that goes away after you kill the opponent, whereas accuracy penalties persist until you switch out. I have never, ever taken a move like smoke shield in my moveset.

Edit: its a shame that something which gets both charge of fury and frenzied rage is not a ghost and standard type, but is instead pure ghost. I mean, there's not really much else pure ghost to choose from, but still.

2020-07-10 19:23:28

I'm just curious.
Have you tried copying the unique moves of bosses like chaos blast and checked their descriptions and attributes?

2020-07-10 19:39:17 (edited by derekedit 2020-07-10 19:45:59)

I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to use copy and parrot and such on the bosses like that. I don't know though as I don't tend to use those moves anyway.

Also, neither evasiveness or accuracy-lowering moves are too disruptive on their own, or just a stage or two here and there, but if you max both out, you'll have an opponent that basically can't hit you. Eagala is really good with this in Manamon 1 as it tends to spam them both and you'll start missing and missing and missing while it plucks and pecks and picks you to death.

2020-07-10 20:20:41

I found another great setup, but only artisoul can have it:
Angel pendant plus these moves: rehydrate, restoring light, unending curse, deadman's curse, inner healing.
This doesn't work on bosses though.

2020-07-10 20:47:27

Deadman's Curse is an awful, awful move that should not exist. Sacrificing half your health just to take a quarter of your foe's health every round didn't work for pokemon (seriously, ghosts using Curse just don't work) and it doesn't work here. Unending Curse also has an accuracy penalty. If you really want to do this, I'd say Stonewall over Unending Curse, as nothing is immune to stone and there is no gear that can make you immune, which means that it's a reliable trap.

2020-07-10 21:21:10

Why not Implant instead of Deadman's curse? You won't die. lol

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-10 21:39:25

You could also be a straight-up jerk and go with Soul Split, Piledriver, Rehydrate, Restoring Light and Inner Healing/Hibernate, with a Spirit Staff V2.0 equipped. Soul Split will chew something's health down to half, guaranteed, then Piledriver will probably two-shot it after that. If you don't want big healing, use Protect as your final moveslot. That way you can just get free rounds of healing every other turn or so. Sucks against hyper forms and whatnot, but stupidly trollish on just about everything else.

2020-07-10 22:05:16

I made an Artisoul with something like that, though I think I just did shit like implant and deSoul and a move to scorch or poison and then some healing moves. I use it mostly for catching mons for trading. I should have put powerfang on it somewhere instead. Oh well. At least I know I won't just kill something outright when I'm trying to catch it unless it gets crazy stupid with recoil moves and quickblade and things that can keep me from getting a turn. I'd still like to see a full team of Artisoul for battling. I'd imagine you could make something that's just beyond stupid and obnoxious. Something like ultrascent and an instant kill move with some passive healing to be even more trollish. Assuming you don't die and can get time to set this up, it would just be asinine. And ultrascent works for two turns. This really would be kind of a jackass setup I'd think.

2020-07-10 23:12:54

You know what, something just occurred to me. I suppose we're kind of straying from the original topic here, but I have to ask after reading the item guide. I'm currently not in a point in the game where I can check this myself. Is the time travel place really called the offices of dr. Corona, or is it spelled differently? Because if it isn't, and the game really does talk about doctors and Corona, then one could come up with all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories about how the people at VGStorm are mad fortune tellers and whatnot. The guide uses this spelling, but I'm not sure if its correct, and it would be kind of depressing and hilarious at the same time if it is.

2020-07-11 01:31:09

I wonder if I'm better using ambush guard on Angillish since it gets passive healing. As long as it's not getting slammed with effective and critical hits every time, it has to stay at or above 80% health and you're getting a 50% reduction on the damage you're taking. As for Ghoperto and Sylphantom and some of the others, maybe the angel pendant is better. On the other hand, the ambush guard makes it less likely that you're going to die in one hit of anything unless it's both effective and critical, which you can't do much about in that case. Or maybe I fail all over the place and don't know what I'm talking about lol

2020-07-11 05:03:11 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-11 05:04:19)

Wel I have an artisoul with ultra sent and soul ripper just for a sake of fun smile