2020-07-10 12:01:38

my account is about to be hacked by someone and I can't stop it. Please do not listen to whatever it says about open sourcing and such things within the next few days.

2020-07-10 12:18:47

Meh change your password? You can stop it

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 12:25:23

I guess you could also delete your account if you think it's that serious.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-07-10 12:27:23

the hacker already knows my new one, I changed it to a 13 digit long string of completely random multi-case alphanumeric characters with symbols as well

2020-07-10 12:35:31

Dude. There is no limit on the number of times you can change your password, to my knowledge. Seriously just change the password again.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 12:37:01 (edited by mazen 2020-07-10 12:37:43)

How does he know the new password? Doesn’t make sense

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 12:38:34

exactly! But it doesn't make sense how he decompiled pure basic sourcecode, how he decrypted password-protected bgt packfiles, and, this is the most shocking one of all, how he holds the source to none other than redspot version 0.91. The real deal, not some stupid clone. The *actual* source. This is no joke, this is no techgirl, this is no brute force, no matter how many times I change my password I fear that it won't do me any good.

2020-07-10 12:43:51

This sounds ... unlikely.

Please find a device that you are certain does not have a keylogger installed, then change your password again, to something unguessable. And preferably longer than 13 characters; that is still pretty short.

I can't remember how this site's password changing system works, but if it requires an email confirmation, you could also change the email conected to this account. Make a new address with a name that isn't connected to you, and a strong password.

Of course, this is an old and not terribly secure forum, so if you are dealing with a professional, this won't be enough. But I highly doubt you are.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 12:46:33

Oh yeah he mite have a keylogger on your device

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 13:12:36

I'm also really curious who this is, and what proof can be furnished.

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 13:13:53

change your password from your phone, that one couldn't be easyly keylogged
and never speak your password or try to tipe it in your comp, since hmm, try doing a full scan?

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 13:14:51

@OP, I heard somewhere that strings of random characters aren't that secure, neither are dictionary words though, so a pass phrase or sentence is the way to go. Can someone verify this?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-07-10 13:30:48

and about that  he have the full RS code, bullshit

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 14:03:29

seriously, #freeTheKids
For anyone who takes issue with freeTheKids, I am not using kids in the context of how old someone is, but their maturity level. After pleading with the mods to ban him, Rory comes on here just a day or two later and says all this ridiculous stuff. This shows a sign of immaturity. Believe every word that comes from his posts until it can be proved he was hacked. Maybe he believes the Mr. Hyde version of himself is about to post evil stuff, and he is the Dr. Jekyll right now; it's the only way I can reconcile all the things I've seen here. Alternatively, he might just be making everything up for attention. Either way, #FreeTheKids.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-07-10 14:05:26

no no no no no! I'm not doing it for attention! It's fucking bran and urh2006, audiogame who you banned, and urh who you banned, they are both trying to hack me!

2020-07-10 14:10:42 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-10 14:15:11)

Parden me if I'm being rude, But I failed to see whats going on here. Isn't he ask to be banned like 2 days ago? and now someone hacking his account, Why would someone hack an account that wanted to be banned? Edit. Wel maybe not 2 days ago, but the question stil remains.

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 14:22:37

The timing seems iffy to me. It's not hard to get a keylogger onto a PC at all if you can get somebody to download it, I could release something, claim it's a game, but you need this special launcher to download it and bam, keylogger on your system. I just find the timing of this extremely suspect however...extremely suspect since Rory wanted to be banned, then this happens.

Actually people have got into phones as well, they're not as secure as you think, a quick serch for iphone keylogger....gives mant, many results, same for Android keylogger, so no phones are not hack proof.

To me this is as of right now coming off as omg give me attention....and give me a reason to post stuff I wouldn't normally post then claim oh, I was hacked...

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 14:30:25

@jayde I sent you a pm.

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 14:35:49

#freeTheKids
@15 so yeah, just blame the band peaple with anything that may get on your way

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 14:55:56 (edited by soren 2020-07-10 14:57:01)

are you fucking serious???
it sounds like you know who the hacker is.
why don't you tell us?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 15:04:26

@15
Stop being stupid about this, change the password on the forum. Change the password on your e-mail.  If you think there's a keylogger on your device, reinstall Windows and consider it a valuable lesson as to why you shouldn't run random pieces of software from other teenagers with a history of doing this kind of stuff on the internet, and also as a lesson in why I didn't think that "here's a practical joke program" thread was funny.  If you know you're being hacked and you get hacked anyway, you deserve whatever you get, and being as it's ridiculously easy to prevent it from happening I don't actually believe you either.  If this is you being hacked already, reach out to the mods privately and get it fixed, but being as it's seemingly your writing style and you're already asking to be banned to prevent you from doing stuff like this, I don't believe that either.

@12
The only way to get a password is to guess it, and for something like the forum the only way to guess it in a reasonable amount of time is to be so far into the forum's software that you could just hack the database, or enough of a professional that you have much better things to do than hack teenagers on a forum for the blind.  So that only really leaves the issue of secure passwords.

Random characters or sequences of words are the best.  Not random as in "I pounded on the keyboard" but as in "I got a password manager and asked it for one".  Pounding on the keyboard is actually very not random.  If you have 10 truly random characters from the alphabet, both capitol and lower case, there are 144555105949057024 passwords to try.  If you use a sequence of 10 random words from the dictionary, the possible number of passwords becomes a number so ridiculous it's not even worth pasting here.

The best way is to get a password manager, memorize the password to the password manager, and store your passwords in there (both 1password and keepass are accessible enough).  There's lots of options for passwords that are secure but not so hard to memorize as long strings of random characters: quotes from books, serial numbers on devices you use around the house,  do a phrase in Latin or something, sequences of numbers you can compute if you know the formula, full sentences.  Even stupid stuff, say "I love my mom" or something equally silly, is secure enough.

In fact, believe it or not, "Your password must contain..." sorts of restrictions are less secure, because they tell the attacker things that are definitely in your password.

The trick is to not use something common and to not use something that shows up in a dictionary of possible passwords: no single words from the dictionary, nothing like your birthday or something that someone could find by looking you up, etc.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-07-10 15:08:49

@20 Do you read?

rory-games wrote:

no no no no no! I'm not doing it for attention! It's fucking bran and urh2006, audiogame who you banned, and urh who you banned, they are both trying to hack me!

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

Thumbs up

2020-07-10 15:21:10

Moderation:
Okay, I think I can wrap this all up in a very neat little package. I didn't want to do it this way, but clearly something has to be done. Here are the facts:
1. Rory-games wanted to be banned, and actually contacted me the other day to mention a ban time of six months.
2. Rory cited internet addiction as his reason for needing a ban.
3. Suddenly there are alligations that Rory is about to be hacked, but the alligations come with no proof, and apparently Rory doesn't think he can get away from it.
4. If the alligations are actually true, seemingly unlikely though that might be, the easiest way to shut down any further damage is to ban the offending account, as per Rory's request in the first place.

As such, I am immediately placing Rory into a six-month voluntary ban. If anyone has actually taken control of this account who otherwise shouldn't have access, they will be unable to influence the forum via this particular vector.

The staff team reserves the right to process this situation further if it is merited. If it turns out that this was, in fact, a lie, punishment may be required, since this would constitute character assassination...and accusing people of hacking you when they haven't done so is a pretty serious charge. As such, this ban may become a punishment if enough evidence comes to light demonstrating that this was, as some people suspect, a ploy for attention. I'll keep my own personal beliefs out of this, except to say that this story looks incredibly flimsy, and I'm not disposed to believe it at face value.
Should no such evidence surface, we'll see Rory again in six months. Please remember that while Rory is not being punished at this time, he must not access this forum again. If you are caught helping Rory pass messages, access accounts or in any way circumvent this ban, you will be implicated as if you were aiding a punished forum member, and Rory will find his ban torun punitive. This is not a game or a joke.

I'm also locking this thread, as it serves no other purpose. If you truly are frightened about getting hacked, please read Canlorn's post in this thread for good advice on how to avoid typical pitfalls. Don't make silly and unsafe choices. I have been on the internet more or less steadily for twenty years, and have never once been hacked. I bet most other users can say the same thing.

Thumbs up +1