2020-07-09 15:47:26

Oh god, the fateful underground puzzle eh! I can't do it, and trust me, I spent 30 minutes trying to make it work. I just wish that stupid ice wasn't in the way.

2020-07-09 16:01:24

Zuckuss, do you still want to battle my team? My manamon 2 favourites vs. your manamon 1 favourites?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-07-09 19:57:45

I don't much mind the ice puzzles--sliding on  ice is fun. Nor the switch puzzles--those make you think somewhat. Put them together though and the experience for me becomes more frustrating than fun. I have some hearing loss so I may be missing some audio cues, plus I've never been able to work out where the switch is in relation to the boulder. I like to do those spelling puzzles in order so I don't get lost, but so far I've only found one boulder.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-07-09 22:11:28

That was my problem with the chiroperta rooms. Really wish there was an ambiance slider in these games, rather, in all games.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-09 22:36:51

I love Turrubble as a Manamon, but it's slowly showing its issues. Its defense, while good, don't seem to help that much (I've been training his strength in the mean-time, although HP may be a better option).

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-09 23:33:33

Is there a way to get tons of levelup herbs? I want to know what moves each manamon learns, etc. But I also don't want to endlessly grind the stadium/hyper bosses.

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2020-07-10 00:09:20

I've actually had a great deal of success using Turrubble. From what I can tell, it is really slow but quite bulky and hits pretty hard. Its moves aren't half bad either, although I wish it got assault gem a little earlier. I don't know though I could be completely wrong. Regarding level up herbs, I don't think you can buy them anywhere so... I think you might be out of luck. Sorry.

2020-07-10 02:42:47

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good plant member for my team. I already have quite a beautiful adventure with Thornita, So I'm thinking of someone else. Any good recommendation?
Also, can you emagine a gift luscish with Hibernate instead of a freez ray? :d

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2020-07-10 03:32:18

Best one I can recommend in manamon 2 is the Leafowl line. It's fast and hits fairly hard on the physical side. It's also part air type, so that's cool. Seriously watch for ice attacks though, because poor Leafowl can't handle those.

Alternatively, the Dodderator line isn't bad. Blade form starts out getting special moves but eventually its best moves are physical; brain form starts out getting physical moves but its best moves are special. Don't ask me why Aaron thought this was a good idea. It isn't. But at the end of it all, they're bulky, a little slow, also part magic type and have decent sticking power.

If you want to go back to the first game, Guerrerrol is still a winner, Thornita doesn't work all that well IMO, and Hydrake is trying to do too many things at once from both sides of the attacking spectrum.

2020-07-10 05:59:01 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-10 06:14:41)

I'l go with the nice birdy I think.  I have to say though,  that Plumirage's intro cry is probably one of my favorits. Also, what ever happened to those guys who have a bunch of hp but unacceptable defences? such as Myaneko and Viralite? Thornita is never been the one to step up first. I always have him on the 4th slot. How ever, On my last playthrough, his thorny body ability manage to finish off Guardian robot, Hathorilian, Eternity angel, Chaos Oghma and Hyper Grandland. And thats what I ment a quite a beautiful adventure. Hydrake, Hel no thanks. I can stand hearing its crys 1 or 2 times, but Not everytime the battle starts.

2020-07-10 06:05:19

Uh, Viralite doesn't have good HP. It has fairly low HP and garbage defenses, high speed, decent attack stats and almost no good moves to use said attack stats. It's trash. Don't use Viralite. Aaron tried to make this thing a gimmick, and it fails hard.
Myaneko has huge HP and bad defenses. Tarboo also has good HP and low-ish defenses. Ursinearator and Urainaman have decent HP and low defenses, but high attack stats.

2020-07-10 07:20:13

The luscish with freeze ray you get as a gift. Can it be bred? If so, does the new one know freeze ray?

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2020-07-10 07:22:35

The leafowl line doesn't like ice, it's true. But if you put an ultra snow shield on it, that weakness basically goes away.

2020-07-10 09:50:46

I forgot where to find the ultra snow shield. Lol

2020-07-10 09:53:45

I forgot where to find the ultra snow shield. Lol

2020-07-10 10:27:38

You buy it at the master stadium, or have someone equip it on a manamon and trade it to you. Barring that, if you find a resister, it kicks in when you have something that's at least double weak to a move, though I don't know the amount of damage reduction you get. It used to say, but then it was changed. The ultra snow shield might be better as it's 70% reduction to ice damage I think.

2020-07-10 11:51:11

Speaking of which, there needs to be better representation there. You have a snow shield, which lowers the damage of ice moves by 20 or 30%, and then an ultra snow shield which raises resistance to 70%, and then a polar bug which just shuts off ice damage entirely if you're an insect.
Do we have any such items for shadow, flame, air and insect damage? No, we don't. So ice really gets shit on, honestly, especially given how many things it's freaking weak to. Stone, fighting, flame, sound, holy and steel, and is super-effective against earth, plant, insect, air and dragon. There's an interaction with undead that I'm missing but I can't remember which way it goes and I'm too lazy to look it up.

2020-07-10 12:08:01

Ice is effective against undead in this one if that's what you mean. We have the hard shell, also for insects, that cuts damage from air moves in half. I thought there was something for shadow damage but maybe I'm thinking of something else. There's the item that shuts off holy damage, there's one that does the same to ghost damage too, right? Or is it undead? Are there any others?

2020-07-10 13:09:11

hi all
i missed item detector
where i can find?
thanks

2020-07-10 13:10:57

Holy robe makes you immune to ghost.
Headstone Amulet is undead-specific and makes you immune to holy.
Dark Shroud is nonspecific and makes you immune to holy.
Rubber Gloves makes you immune to electric.
Broomstick makes you immune to earth.
Polar Bug makes you immune to ice, but only if you're an insect.

There are plenty of resistance items, but they are not equally well represented. For instance, Earplugs make you resistant to sound attacks, but actually make you slightly weaker to standard attacks. Ultra Snow Shield gives a huge ice resist, with no real drawbacks. Fairy Suit makes you resistant to magic, but more susceptible to dragon attacks. Speaking of which, both Knight's Armour and Dragon Guard provide resistance to dragon; dear Christ, this type is already underrepresented enough as it is, and is only super-effective against itself, so why did we need so much protection? Dojo Shield makes you more resistant to air and fighting, but less resistant to shadow. Holy Ring gives some resistance or other, but comes with caveats.

So...yeah. Ice is the only type which has such a big resistance with no drawbacks, but it's not the only type with an item that can make you immune. In fact, in that regard, other immunity items like rubber gloves and broomstick are arguably better than something like a polar bug, since they don't care who you equip them to. It's why Titomaton with a broomstick is as good as it is, since that's its only double weakness.

I dunno. The equipment in this version definitely got better, but the representation of types is still not very good where it comes to gear that resists certain types. Here are a few ideas I had.

Antimagic Orb: This piece of equipment makes the foe immune to magic type attacks. As a penalty, the special attack stat is lowered by 5%.
Everlight: This enchanted torch creates no heat, but its light dispels all nearby shadows. The manamon who wears this piece of gear will take only 40% of the damage from shadow attacks, but the power of their own shadow attacks is cut by 50%.
Water of Life: This vial of blessed water is said to ward off the undead. The damage of all incoming undead attacks is lowered by 60%.
Mystic Lens: A manamon who wears these glasses can hit shadow and undead type manamon with magic type attacks for super-effective damage. Strength and magic attack are penalized by 10% each.
Reinforced Plate: This manamon takes no recoil damage from its attacks if those attacks would normally cause recoil. The speed stat is penalized by 10%.
Sonic Amplifier: Sound attacks do 50% more damage than normal and will affect all manamon (even those with Hard Hearing); however, all sound-type attacks now cause 25% recoil to the user.
Icy Armour: This set of armour gives some nice stat boosts (5% strength, 10% defense, 5% special attack, 10% special defense) while worn, and lowers incoming flame, stone and steel damage by 15% each. It lowers the speed stat by 30%, and may only be equipped by ice-type manamon.
Thorn-woven Suit: This item gives the manamon wearing it the Thorny Body ability.
Gem-encrusted Helm: This piece of equipment allows the wearer's dragon type attacks to hit holy, magic and stone type manamon super-effectively. It lowers attack, defense, special attack, special defense and speed by 4% each.
Riverdancer's Cloak: A fabric cloak which is never dry. When hit with a flame type attack, the cloak is removed and the user's attack, special attack and speed are all raised by two stages each. This first flame attack does no damage of its own, but the wearer of the cloak takes 10% of its max HP in damage on every round thereafter until it is withdrawn or until it faints.
Rust Powder: When the user of this item is hit with a steel-type attack, it does only half of the damage it would otherwise do, and the manamon who triggered the ability has all of their stats (attack, defense, special attack, special defense, speed) each lowered by one stage. The powder returns to the inventory upon being triggered.
Soul Barb: If an attacker makes contact with the wearer of this item, the attacker will begin losing 6.25% of their max HP per round and transferring it to the wearer of the Soul Barb. Think of it as a reactive Desoul attack.

2020-07-10 13:15:03 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-10 13:19:12)

First off, Sorry for an aksident of the double post. And Jayde, your missing the bless neckless, which protect you from shadow attacks.

2020-07-10 13:20:07

Thank you. I knew I was missing one but couldn't remember which it was. I think it's kind of useless though. Blessed Necklace can only be worn by holy manamon, correct? And holy now resists shadow, as I recall. I still say holy and shadow should be super-effective against each other.

2020-07-10 13:39:48 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-10 13:52:08)

Actually, no. Everyone can use the neckless. Edit. Here is the description for the neckless.
A necklace, supposedly blessed by the gods. The wearer is immune to shadow attacks and the damage of the wearer's holy type moves gets increased by ten percent. You can obtaine it from the ygc shop, for 1800 credits.

2020-07-10 13:46:39 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-10 13:54:16)

Sorry for double posting again. But I was wandering. What would happened if you try go to the dragon's lair before finishing requiem? Never tryed it my self. I can probably try it when I reach requiem, But I stil have a long way to go. Wel at least Dyaz and Mondevol its out of the way.

2020-07-10 15:11:48

First of all, you'll probably get smoked if you're actually able to get in the door. But more likely, you'll probably just end up finding the doors securely locked, the same way you do if you go back into that tunnel with the ice after you get the ice shoes. "the door is firmly locked", and then it's magically unlocked after you come back from Requia. This sort of thing is...well, arbitrary, to say the least. I think Mordant Island and Tradale are worst though. Mordant Island, you're blocked at two different places by a dude who talks about a tsunami, and then there's no mention of it ever again. in Tradale, there's just a jerk standing by the door who may as well be saying, "No, you can't get past here. Why not? Because I said so. You'd break game logic or something. So I'll just stand here and mock you until I arbitrarily decide to leave."