2020-07-10 02:58:28

Hi, i'm using old.reddit.com with notifications turned on for messages, when I close the page, alt w, it still sends me alerts, I've even loged out and this happens.

Does anyone know why this happens and what to do about it?

I'm gone for real :)

2020-07-10 04:36:04

Yeah close your browser. If you're using chrome it'll still send notifications to you even when you're not in the website. Kind of like when you get a notification on your phone from an app that's not open.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2020-07-10 05:28:22

ah ok, thanks.

2020-07-10 10:52:37

I don't know if there are settings to only display notifications when you visit that page, but you'll of course be able to turn off notifications entirely (though this isn't what you want to do from what I gather).

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-07-10 16:20:53

That's right.

I already got the help I need but thought I'd lead the post up just in case someone else wanted to see it.