2020-07-10 00:45:07

Hi.
This has start happening afew days ago. When I play games, making musics, etc. I've tried searching google for this problem. Here's what I tried so far:
Reinstalling my keyboard driver using device manager, check windows integrity using sfc /scannow, and restore my PC before I have this problem. And it all didn't work.

best regards, muhammad chafid

2020-07-10 00:52:49

if you have an external keyboard, give it to someone to repair or just wait. My up arrow key stopped working for a while but now it works fine again.

2020-07-10 00:56:01

No, I don't have an external keyboard

2020-07-10 01:15:49

I'm betting hardware problem.  Get a can of compressed air and clean the keyboard really well.  If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to get it looked at.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-07-10 10:59:49

Exactly, how do you know it's a software issue when you haven't so far done anything to test otherwise? For example, when you have your screen reader's help mode on, does it announce when alt is pressed?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-07-10 15:45:45

I'd think software, that it would afflict both of them simultaneously is a bit of a stretch unless the guy spilled coffee on the keyboard or something and isn't fessing up.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-10 15:52:30

@ironcross32, haha. I will say that I have done this before, and boy was that an adrenaline rush! Let's just say, I've learned my lesson.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-07-11 01:14:16

@5, When I turned the NVDA's input help mode it didn't announce the alt key.
I could fix it using, I don't know what that key is called, it's the left of the windows key but it only stay for a few minutes.