2020-07-09 15:10:36

I am aware of the fact that many people use Outlook or thunderbird for their E-mails. But I want something simple, something like windows mail app. That is my mail client currently, but I wanted to know if there's a better option.
I recently posted about epub readers and got to know about an absolute jemm Bookwerm software on this forum. So thought would post and see if people have any suggestions and find another hidden jemm.

2020-07-09 15:29:24

Yeah, honestly I would also like something simple. Preferably with no bloat that I do not need when reading emails such as calendars, RSS readers and all that. That's one thing that works really well on Apple devices, and that's the type of client I would like on Windows. Windows 10 mail is pretty good, but the problem is that It automatically expands threads as you arrow making it really annoying, and also that sometimes, it sends messages twice for some reason here.

2020-07-09 15:31:19

I wish... But no, all the mail clients went a;; fancy graphics and made to look like a website. Meh. I use web gmail in classic view because it is the fastest way in my opinion.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2020-07-09 15:38:25 (edited by MyDearWatson 2020-07-09 15:40:09)

@2:
Here's a tip for you, it might help. Try minimizing the mail window, and by minimizing I mean that it shouldn't be maximized, but should be on the screen in a popup kind of form. Then, press alt + space, select resize, then press left and down arrow once, then press up and right arrow about 50 times. You can also long press the up arrow for a while, and then again long-press right arrow for a while if counting 50 presses is not comfortable. Then press enter to confirm the resizing. What this will do is resize the mail window in a very small space. Now this you may not notice, but when the window is resized below a particular point, the app changes it's layout and becomes a bit different. You will not notice these changes with your screen reader, but on the screen, the mail reading window will be gone, and only the list will show. To view the Email, just press enter on the desired email, the reader window will open. Press escape to come back to Email list and close the reading view.
At this point, the reader window will not show every Email that you brows in the email list.
It sounds very weird if you can't see, but if you have a sited friend, he can confirm what i said.

2020-07-09 16:30:23

Personally, I really like Thunderbird precisely because! it is simple.
disable the calendar and all the panes accept folder pane, and the thing functions the way outlook express did on windows xp, list of folders up one side, messages in a folder in the centre, nothing to do but hit tab and shift tab, and any functions you want for messages on the context menu.

I tried using Gmail's web mail interface, but selecting and moving emails was way too much a pain, apart from the fact gmail have this really weird tagging system which thunderbird just fixes on it's own.
I also tried windows mail, but half of the useful functions just are not accessible, that and things like managing address book contacts is an annoying process.
I even experimented with getting outlook express to run under windows 10, which worked until windows decided to randomly delete it for no reason.

Microsoft outlook I fully agree is a bloated, complex, over ridiculous mess, that cant' even do basic things like use the tab key or context menu properly (again, why microsoft replaced outlook express with this  piece of shite I don't know), however, if your looking for a simple male client, I'd still recommend Mozilla thunderbird myself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-07-09 17:05:22

Oh yeah, Outlook express gets deleted after every Windows update so you have to re configure it.

2020-07-09 19:29:10

People should try postbox, because you can go all the fancy filtering, or you can just read and sort your mail. I also haven't noticed any crashes or lag with it. I liked the program so much that i bought it.

Who am I? Simply me!

2020-07-09 21:18:35

is there anyway to stop thunderbird from spamming my screanreader saying:
alert To protect your privacy, Thunderbird has blocked remote content in this message.
?
I know how to protect my self from email, and I faiver that over spamming this message

2020-07-09 21:53:39

@5 I would recommend Thunderbird myself as well. So, let us all of those who have Dark in their username rejoice, hehehehe.
Actually I used Thunderbird many many years before switching to windows 10 back in 2016. Then used the Windows mail app for about 3 years, because Thunderbird seemed to lag occasionally. Then, as the mail app started to show some strange things, one of them was not showing the umlaut characters correctly I decided to switch back to Thunderbird and I still don't regret my decision.

2020-07-09 23:54:49

@Meatbag, when you here the message, press alt o,  and arrow down to edit remote content options and look in there.
Or' read this article: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re … n-messages

I'm gone for real :)

2020-07-09 23:57:03

I use thunderbird and think it's simple, once it's set up, just tab until you see the treview, find the box you want, inbox, junk, deleted, that kind of thing, by arrowing up or down, then tab to the table, read your subject lines with the up and down arrows and press enter to read the messages.

I don't think it could get simpler than that.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-07-10 00:17:26

Try EM Client, it's getting more and more accessible and it uses Chromium as the message renderer so it's fast.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-07-10 09:17:17

Okay,
People realy love thunderbird, so it must be good. I did try it a while back, but I'll try it again.
One question is that how do I set up Gmail account in thunderbird. When I saw the guides, they talked about some realy strainge process about getting Imap or something being enabled in Gmail, then there's some lengthy process in thunderbird app itself too.
@12: I'll try that, I did see that name in Google search results when I searched for Email clients.

2020-07-10 17:00:02

Gmail accounts are setup automatically. You just enter your email address at the prompt, and the program will do the rest.

2020-07-10 21:33:24

Okay,
I've got it to work with my few accounts, but my .edu account is having some problems. It's actually provided by Gmail, that is you go to Gmail and put your .edu instead of @gmail.com address to login. I've tried many things, manual config too, but couldn't get it to work. IMAP is enabled on that .edu account.

2020-07-10 21:47:57

The .edu account is probably different. It probably uses different server settings than a regular Google account. You might want to contact your college or school's tech people to see what they recommend.

2020-07-10 21:56:47

@15, welcome to ThunderBird. I never liked that client so I might be a little biased, but seriously, stop using it. If you don't believe me, add some accounts, each with 4K or so e-mails and you'll start believing me.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-10-16 20:07:53 (edited by Nikole234 2020-10-19 13:23:10)

I also chose Thunderbird. I use it for work and I'm satisfied with it. Though I don't know what to expect and what issues I might face. That's why I decided to backup my email letters to my PC (I also use Google Drive). I use the Email Detail Archive tool for this purpose. It makes the process of using email letters much easier as it helps to archive them as PDF files, transfer from one email box to another, view them without Outlook, etc. Does anyone else save emails?