2006-05-21 17:58:04 (edited by dark empathy 2006-05-21 18:11:58)

hi.

I'm now going to try the online version of Lords of the Galaxy, I've created a game, Game 82, and my logue in is 666, if anybody fancies joining me, please come along (you'll probably win, but it'll be fun!).

I hope this topic isn't breaking forum rules or anything.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-21 18:49:31

oh no it's not, but by the time i tried to connect (which is a minute ago) there was no one

2006-05-21 19:01:19

hmmm, obviously you can't just connect to a game in progress, how annoying, how about you tell me your id and I'll add you to the game?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-22 07:46:00

well i could see a list of games game80, but not 82... i am impressed and not impressed that they have changed online games... it doesn't run on a separate server as far as i know, but vipgameszone has obviously made it even more trickier then before.

2006-05-22 09:47:52

You can't get a list of online games to connect to annoyingly, pressing the "Create" option in the online games menue will start a new game with you as the host (In your case,it seemed to have started game 80).

I've got a game started now, but the only way it seems possible for other people to join in is if you tell me your Lords of the galaxy Id's and I use the "Add" option in the partners menue to add you to the game.

Methinks it would be infinitely better if you could get a list of online games to connect to, but unfortunately at this point you can't.

2006-05-22 16:12:19

there seems to be a connect option which showed me a game though, but yeah, you'll probably have to be added. my id is wuver, but if you add me i'm not always in the game.

2006-05-22 17:02:28

well that's okay, I'm playing another online game with igor of the Vip games zone (and getting roundly thrshed!), but the game wiats until all the players have completed the same number of circles. I'll add your Id to game 82, then just play when you've got a moment. I'd really like it if other people could play as well, so I probably won't do anymore on the game until we've got at least one other player to make things interesting.

If anyone else fancies joining just post your Id in this topic.

2006-05-22 18:50:36

ok well I've connected right now and i do see 666 in the partners list

2006-05-24 23:06:52

Hello!
If you'd like to add me to the game, here's my ID: robin1. Would be happy to play!
Robin.

2006-05-24 23:34:58

Hmm, something weerd seems to have happened, because game 82 has mysteriously vanished from my online games list.

I'll ask about this one on the Lords of the Galaxy mailing list. In the mean time, I could create another  game and add both of your Id's to it, or one of you could create a game and add me, 666. iether is fine with me, just as long as we get a game going out of it.

2006-05-25 07:32:27

nope, my demo has already expired, too bad. and since you also downloaded it the day i did i guess, yours will probably be, as well. or have you registered already?

2006-05-25 12:15:04

At risk of causing you jealousy Argen, I registered only a few hours after I downloaded the game. With the exchange rate to the dollar the way it is, it was nice and cheap for me ----- only