2020-07-05 04:17:05

Woa!
Ok, so first, about the revival. I think it would have done better to make a new topic, however, Pm's aren't really much of an option seeing as there is no cue to read them.
@Ironcross,
I honestly agree with you. I always kind of agreed with you, although that may be a bit biast seeing as I was wrapped up in a lot of situations with you. I will say with certainty that this comunity is not a good one.
Now, before you all get angry, I'm making a generalization. This is not to say everyone here is awful, because that is the opposite of what I am saying. Several people, like Ironcross himself are helpful, understanding people who continue to atempt to make this comunity better its self despite the overwhelming screeching about how we're fine how we are and "You're just being argumentative," or whatever. NO, we're not being argumentative, we're trying to make you understand why people don't make games for you.
Unfortunately, even though I would vote for you, I don't think many would because of there inability to get past personal biases and learn that people change over time. I've been a member of the persecuted, and it's not fun, especially when you look back at your previous interactions and just sit in shock of how stupid you were.
No amount of crying and moaning will change anything of the past, and we must take responsibility for the people we were. However, I do think there is another side to this coin, of course being the people on the other side who stay out of scary discussions and stay on the good side of administrators.

Well... that was a whole thing that I didn't initially intend to write. The main point of this is that I agree with you Ironcross, and I wish that someone like you could be a moderator. However, the public would never allow it and you and Jayde would absolutely never mix.

This has been a post, so I'll end with this...
There's a distinction between maturing and understanding and owning what you've done when you were less mature. I think that people need to understand as much and learn to let the past go.
Please don't take this as any passive agressiveness. I simply went down the train of my chaotic thoughts and put finger to key.
Well, I think that we're finally done here. I'm really bad at ending posts, so, have a happy 4th of July to whoever is still on the day in question, and good night.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2020-07-05 07:01:23

I think nocurnous would make a good fit for the position of a new mod, because he is more active than both jayde aaoron and carter and he used to be a moderator. He, IMO is also better at carrying across points in a more calm fashion than someone like Jayde, for example.

And for the twentioth time, why! Is! Dan! C! A! mod!

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-07-05 07:13:50

I actually don't think I would clash with Jayde, in fact, somewhat of a balance might be gained between the two often at odds perspectives.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-05 12:39:14

I also don't think Ironcross would clash with me too often. We don't agree politically, but if you take that off the table, we're actually fairly similar. We're both okay with ruffling feathers if it's needed. We're both relatively articulate. We both deal with anger, or at least frustration, some of the time. We're both reasonably fair people who know how to admit that they fucked up.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-07-05 14:23:59

At the moment I feel a bit like Dark, where I feel a lot more comfortable sending things to the staff list and discussing things that way, whilst still doing admin things around the forum such as unrestricting, plus database editing when I can.
From what I can understand, I think Arqmeister is in a similar position as well. This topic is rather old and I think shortly after it was created he came back as more of an admin type, from what I can remember.

2020-07-05 19:29:25

Actually, that's a good point, I didn't think of that.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2020-07-05 20:18:06

The reason I didn’t p.m. was because no one seems to check those. I revived it just really wanting an answer. I do believe iron crossing JAYDE with balance each other out magnificently. I also agree that Nocturnus should be on staff again

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2020-07-05 20:52:47

I would tend to agree, and I feel strongly that he was mistreated by Jayde and some of the other staff members when the whole explosion went down. Given what happened, he might not wish to come back though.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-05 22:28:09

Yeah, as much as I wish he'd take it he'd probably decline, because he has other personal involvements in his life. However he still does function like a unofficial staff member, especially filling in for Jayde, or even baking up Jayde.

In the community, I think he'd make the best fit.

_____

2020-07-06 02:46:30

ok ironcross, you are highered on one condition. Let's ban new bgt games from here

2020-07-06 03:29:43

I say we only allow games made in Pascal! Hail pascal!

_____

2020-07-06 03:48:15

Woooooooo let me put a break on this one before it gets out of control.
Firstly, I did not step down because any of the mods or staff mistreated me.  I stepped down because I felt the staff wasn't acting as it should on a situation that became rather personal for all of us and wanted to sweep a glaring issue under the rug that was definitely there.  Please read for further clarification.
Next, if I ever gave the impression that Jayde was the bad guy here?  I'll gladly take responsibility for it, but otherwise I feel I've been misquoted somewhere along the line as I think I've stated more than once on various topics that I've always felt Jayde was the best step forward where the forum and its staff was concerned, as he was the one who put forth any effort to get everyone to see the glaringly obvious issue for what it was and call a spade a spade.  Bottom line is that when Aprone and I gave up because we thought we'd made no headway, Jayde took up the matter because I honestly believe he saw first hand based on some of the posts I made to the mailing list as well as on the forum just how serious the issue actually was.  To be honest, the reasons  I believed the first post in the topic I linked to above would be a goodbye was that I had thrown the door open on everything that had gone on within those few years whre the mod panel was concerned and I wasn't sure how anyone was going to react to it, particularly since it had already been stated elsewhere that people were facing the ban hammer for wondering; I know some of them didn't do it properly.
but they were curious.  The whole of the forum was.  Everyone wanted to know, and I felt that it would be absolutely wrong to just turn a blind eye to that wondering and not be transparent with the forum as a whole on the Walter Laurie situation and everything that came out of it given the BSG article that even brought that whole disastrous thing to the foreground.  In some ways, SmokeJ was right and we should have addressed it back then, even if it had meant stepping down when it happened rather than three, four years later to prove a point.  I'm not sure why Aprone didn't pursue the issue more heavily back then, but I suspect he probably didn't because he felt like the odd one out in that situation and wondered if anyone else in the staff would be supportive of him and any action he took against Dark on that matter.  given what ended up happening, I can't blame him for wondering if in fact that was the case; I'll not pretend to speak for him.
As for my part?  I was a young dad, new life, new wife, new kids.  I wasn't around enough.  IN 2016 I lost a ton of money and personal possessions and for the better part of that year was looking for a place to live.  I tried, but I confess I didn't understand the situation all that well and didn't do my part in investigating as Aprone did.  If I'm to blame because I didn't take the time to do it then, then I'm sorry now and I'll gladly take the heat for it as such.  I think that's why more than ever before once I actually began putting my effort into it and everything became clear to me in late 2018 that I felt the ag net community was owed the whole story and nothing but and did my best to give it to everyone.  To my pleasant surprise, Jayde took everything I said seriously and was instrumental in convincing me to even set foot back in this place after all of that went down, but I wasn't fully ready to just put all of my eggs in one basket at the time.  PM'ing him with all the information I had collected was, as far as I was concerned, out of the question because I didn't know precisely what he'd do with it.  so I chose the hard way and, thankfully, it paid off.
Finally, I hate saying it, but I'm not coming back as a mod.  Ag net has meant a lot to me over the years.  It still does.  Every part of me eagerly, desperately, super badly wants to jump back into it all and cheer and celebrate some of that old nostalgia and make things like they once were because yay things like they once were and it'll be great again and woohoo!  since stepping down, however, I've learned that helping people out is not a matter of the hats you wear or a question of the titles you hold, but the actions you perform and the work you do behind the scenes.  My goal now is to make successful people out of members of the community; whether I do it through this platform or by some other means I'm going to do my best to get it done.  Everyone's sick and tired of the same old same old because it's not working and we all know it.  I want change and so do you, and I stand commited to making it happen.
To conclude, I could return to business as usual on the moderation panel that helped me on the way to success, or I can look to broader horizons and a greater goal that will hopefully usher in a new wave of capable individuals who will all collectively help each other out because they see incentive to do so.  I can't change everyone; that's paradoxical nonsense and I know I'm not that good.  All I can do is my part, and I can't do my part if I'm distracted by helping moderate a community that is constantly divided on many fronts ranging from how gaming should be done and how games should be developed, to whether or not copyright on forum posts should be an issue.  I think all of these are, sadly, trivialities and only symptoms of the bigger problem.  I'm still here, however, and will do my best to hellp if and when I can, however I can.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-07-06 04:51:27

Well, as much as that might tickle me on a personal level, defending the rights of people to express themselves in a way that suits them, as long as it isn't harming anyone else is something I believe in.

End racism
End division
Become united