2020-06-30 15:27:47

I was looking at Metalpops page in the DB today, and the only game there is Crafting kingdom. I was wondering if you guys could also add Galactic Colonies, their newest accessible game to the DB as well? Thanks.

2020-06-30 18:34:47

@Ty, forgive me, but isn't this still in Beta?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-07-01 01:14:23

That, I believe, it is, however i see no problem with adding a game with a fully working accessibility mode that has no major bugs and is, to my knowledge, complete to the DB.

2020-07-01 11:26:53 (edited by Dakonna 2020-07-01 16:28:53)

The game isn't in a private beta. The app store page does exist. I don't know if the accessibility features have made it into a stable release yet, but with so much time having passed, I would be surprised if they hadn't.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-07-01 16:00:00

@Connor is this a case of your German keyboard screwing with you or something? LOL.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-07-01 17:23:26

Is the majority of the game accessible now? The reason I personally haven't looked into it yet and also why I think Dark also held off on continuing to play it for now is that there are still sections of the game with very unfinished accessibility that prevent you from being able to progress past a certain point. If those have been resolved, and all of the game screens are accessible now I'm sure myself or any of the other editors will be happy to take a look smile

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2020-07-02 14:48:35 (edited by Dark 2020-07-02 14:48:52)

Pitermach is correct here.
The really annoying research timer bugs aside, there are still aspects of gameplay that need some major accessibility fixes, especially the planetary hex map and seeing distances between buildings when you place them.
It would also really help if those timer bugs were fixed as well big_smile.

Be assured, the game will definitely get a db page when the accessibility is done, and I'm very confident it will be done, but at the moment it's still in the sort of mostly playable, but not quite accessible category.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-07-02 14:55:12

I think that timer is a unique issue only to you. I don't have it, and no one that I know who does play the game has it. smile

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-02 19:11:55

the map problem is a huge turnoff for me. I literally just have to guess at where to place things, and doing it wrong means I have to start the entire colony over. That is simply unacceptable when so much of the game revolves around making connections between buildings.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-07-03 11:45:40

@Ironcross, the timer problem apparently occurs on some devices and not others, I found a redit post detailing the same issues. However, the timer problem in this case has nothing to do with the game's accessibility (the research timers and daily gifts are quite accessible, they just don't work for me big_smile).

In access terms, as Keyisfull said, the issue is the planetary hex map, seeing distances, placing buildings, and the bug that does not update the map's accessible labels with newly explored areas, meaning that firstly, bonuses from placing buildings next to either other buildings or land features don't apply (making buildings like the park very difficult to use), and secondly that multi stage production is extremely hard at the moment, since you cannot tell on the map how close one thing is to another thing, meaning that often you build something, then find out it's too far away from something else to function, and your hole production chain has gone down the tubes.

I know though that this is getting worked on, and as I said, when it's fixed the game will definitely be getting a db page, even if I'm still getting the timer bugs.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)