2020-06-28 00:18:01

I bought the PS4 second hand. I wasn't going to buy a brand new one for one game especially since there's no PS4 TTS in Canada, but I wanted to support the first truly accessible mainstream game in history.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2020-06-28 00:33:35

The TTS does work in Canada. It works on all models sold in NA.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-06-28 00:51:45

Fortunate for me, we already had a PS4. Though we never really used it before now sept to play Uncharted and injustice 2.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2020-06-28 00:59:18 (edited by kaigoku 2020-06-28 01:05:22)

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
Oh my gosh! I am now at the part where Abby has to fight this big creature thing at WLF, right after Nora points you to where there might be some supplies. I have to retrieve medical supplies to help a Scar person. But this giant thing is beating me senseless. I'm kind of interested to see where the story goes from here, but I need a break. lol Should've stocked up on pipe-bombs. Other tips would help too.
End spoiler

2020-06-28 12:40:57 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2020-06-28 12:41:17)

So a couple of things.

@Everyone
As of around 22:30 yesterday evening as I type this, I've beaten the entire game, start to finish, with no sighted assistance. I'm genuinely proud to be able to say this, as even though I thought this day might happen, I didn't necessarily think it would be this soon.

@104
A
P
O
I
L
E
R

That big thing you're fighting?  It's called the Rat King.  Personally, after numerous tries and being in a similar situation to you, I had to replay the subsection of the chapter leading up to it in order to be better prepared, not use as much ammo etc.  Even after doing that it took me multiple tries, running away and shooting it/throwing what I could at it.  It eventually came down to my double barrell shotgun and about 3 or 4 normal bullets as well as a couple of incendiary shells that I used first.  Once you get past this you'll feel so satisfied.  I wish you the best of luck.

E
N
D
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2020-06-28 22:03:19

Shti I think I just spoiled myself lol. Haven't had any time to play the game since Thursday so. That's probably right after the bloater, right?

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-06-28 22:32:38

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Did anybody else have trouble fighting that bloater before you find abby? I tried everything. I eventually beat it by throwing two molotovs and shooting it with two explosive arrows. I tried using trap mines, but it didn't seem to work very well.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2020-06-28 23:26:12

105, congratulations on completing the game!
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't been able to get back into it since yesterday, but hopefully later, I can tackle it again. This time, I'll start from a bit back in the story to prepare myself.
106, sorry I might have spoiled that boss level. It's just so frustrating. I died at least 20 times. lol
End spoiler\

2020-06-29 00:00:13

no problem. At least I can prepare myself lol.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-06-29 00:59:51

@Assault_freak how do you enable the TTS? I probably don't need it as I've memorized how to start the game, but I'm curious anyway.
@Sightless congrats on finishing the game. I'm just waiting for some help reconfiguring OBS and then I'm going to restart and stream the entire game.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2020-06-29 13:13:40

Having the same problem as Kaigoku here. That idiot just kicks my ass all the time.

2020-06-30 00:53:28

Working my way through slowly because I'm trying to take on other projects as well. Anyonehave a more elegant way of getting through the melee section of the hord encounter? Got all the way to Joel and Tommy,but getting through the rest of that encounter wasmore luck. lol I know there are weapons around, but never seem to have time to scan for or pick them up, and it's too enclosed of a space to pick of enemies with shots. Just curious to know how other people played that part as I'm already past it.

2020-06-30 02:00:50

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
I beat that damn rat king or whatever! It was satisfying getting to shoot the hell out of the little surprise he left behind. Now to probably finish the game, and encounter probably some other final boss that'll beat me senseless too. lol
End spoilers

2020-06-30 02:04:47

spoiler
I didn't bother shooting or anything, just focused on the melee dodge sounds, and ran like hell. The first time I did this, it crashed my console for some reason.

2020-06-30 09:05:15

@113
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Very well done.  It's a pain, but it is so satisfying being able to take on that smaller enemy afterwards and just blast everything out of it.   I feel like the main fight takes too much luck over skill, but maybe that's just me.  I enjoyed beating it though, just wish it wasn't as complicated as it ends up being with everything at play at once.
E
N
D
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2020-06-30 10:23:00

@114, yeah, sounds pretty much like what I did. But there's the last  part where you're inside the building and have to help Tommy keep the infected away from Joel.I guess I just have to be better at scanning for items and picking up weapons in the middle of a brawl. haha.

2020-07-01 00:48:49

can someone please list the streamers that are playing this with the accessibility features on?

2020-07-01 01:47:18

Don't know about people who are continuing to stream beyond day 1, but I think Brandon aka superblindman is going to be doing it.

Minor gripe. After playing through the game some more and looking at walkthroughs, I really wish the item scanning system allowed you to target more specific items. Please don't be mistaken.. I'm loving the game so far, I just wish the way for us to get items was implemented differently and less randomized. Right now you hve to scan everything at once and the game will just track to the nearest item and you have to kinda try and face the direction of other items if you want to pick them up which isn't the easiest thing to do all the time. Also, having to scan for items while trying to dodge infected is risky since you have to just stand there and wait for the scan to finish. Noticing this in the more frantic encounters like the hord while playing as Abby. There are items that I just can't seem to get to in time. But like I said, minor gripe. I'm loving the game very much otherwise.

2020-07-01 02:07:18

Sadly that's not even the worse situation you're put in with items and hords. I'll talk more about it below.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
There's a part in the game when you're playing as Abby and you have to fend off a bunch of runners, clickers, and a shambler. You're not given any direction as to where to go other than to track items which leads into a building that makes it a little easier, but fending them off isn't even the worse part. The worse part is once you've killed the runners, clickers, and shambler, you've then gotta make your way back to the building using only the sound of an NPC's voice while more infected pour in. Needless to say, it's not a very fun encounter.

2020-07-01 02:18:10 (edited by kaigoku 2020-07-01 02:34:37)

I am happy to say I completed the game! The thing I enjoy the most about this game is that I was able to complete this without sighted assistance.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
The end of the story was a bit too tame for me. smile But take that with a grain of salt since I literally only jumped into this series recently. Still an interesting story. I noticed there might be another incentive for me to play again.
End spoiler

2020-07-01 07:46:36

@kaigoku, Spoilers.

Ellie loses her fingers lol, what's tame about that?

I've not completed the game and doubt I ever will, but it was fun playing it while I could.

End spoilers.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-07-01 11:46:56

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
I'm sorry you got frustrated. But it feels satisfying completing all of the game without any help. And it's not a fighting game. Nothing against those, but usually those are easier to figure out with just sound. And I say tame because nobody actually died. The final fight turned out to be a nearly one-sided brawl. I almost expected an all-out gun fight, or another one of those big boss levels. lol I'm glad it wasn't though if I'm being honest. But what if Abby got infected and became like the giant rat king thing? Now wouldn't that be something!
End spoiler

2020-07-01 13:50:01

@sneak actually you get the navigation assistants back after hearing that NPC's voice. That part was hard. I also beat the Rat king yesterday and I'm guessing I'll beat the game today.

2020-07-01 16:33:08

hi everyone, just come to say that i also completed the game, without skiping any puzzle.
It was a great experience, and fortunately, i was wrong when i said that this wouldn't be 100% accessible. now, i'll see if i can get the platinum.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2020-07-01 22:02:11

So what do you have to do to get it, take no damage or something?