2020-06-29 08:16:40

OK, here comes the updated package with the newest TextTheSpire-mod-file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvolqs02720hb … re.7z?dl=1

@Wensber: Would it be possible to add some commands for settings like audio/music volume and language switching?

Ah and i think there is a little little beauty mistake in the helpscreen for the commands.
Each command has its own line. only the new achieve-command appears in the same line like ... relic i think.
But it's really not serious!

2020-06-29 14:00:45

hey everyone. I decided to buy slay the spire from steam since it's on sale, and i followed instructions as they are on the audiogames db. thing is, i hut subscribe on all mods, and the mods folder is empty, no matter how long i waited for them to download. am i doing something wrong?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2020-06-29 14:20:19

The mods you subscribe to on Steam do not show up in your mods folder.
They are in your Steamaps/workshop/content folder. There should be a numbered subfolder in there (mine is called 646570, it's probably the same for you) and inside that you will find separate numbered folders for each workshop mod.

2020-06-29 14:45:40

thanks! should i move them into the mods folder for slay the spire?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2020-06-29 15:16:17 (edited by Dark 2020-06-29 15:17:36)

Wow, great updates, I am liking the changes, and that achievements are now accessible in the game.

@arceus, I personally never worried with the mods folder.
Once steam had done with all the downloads, I just ran rts.exe from the read the spire folder and mod the spire showed up with the mods listed.
I then just tabbed through to "select/deselect all mods", hit enter on that, then hit play and everything worked fine.

The only miner problem I have noticed, (and I got this first time), is if I run rts.exe without running steam first, where as other steam games will open steam, RTS gets stuck, nothing happens, but the game cant' be run either.
Fortunately, there's a button on the taskbar to close it, and after running steam it runs fine, though I admit this did throw me the first time around.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-29 15:40:43 (edited by arceus 2020-06-29 18:13:05)

hmm. i did as you guys said, but after the log says lauching application, i get an error for the video drives. i updated them, but the error is still there. at the end of the post. thing is, if i run the game normally, it works totally fine.

eror below

16:10:44.369 INFO desktop.DesktopLauncher> Launching application...

Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: OpenGL is not supported by the video driver.
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.createDisplayPixelFormat(LwjglGraphics.java:322)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.setupDisplay(LwjglGraphics.java:216)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:144)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:126)
Caused by: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:253)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.createDisplayPixelFormat(LwjglGraphics.java:314)

2020-06-29 16:52:25

OK, i took a quick look at the FarmerMod. I think for the moment it is completely beyond our abilities cause of all the additional mechanics.
So lets move over to this ... Necko?

2020-06-29 17:55:08 (edited by Dark 2020-06-29 17:56:40)

The mods that sound interesting to me are those that concentrate on characters and content.

First, shop mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ … 1615802935
This one I suspect might work well since I believe it just uses the regular menus. Basically buy an item that lets you sell unwanted stuff for gold.

hubris: https://github.com/kiooeht/Hubris
A mod that adds some new characters like the automaton and some new bosses.

Challenge the spire, which includes the slimebound plus several other characters and some interesting bosses, basically, you get to play as the villains and fight the heroes:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ … 1696570507

Replay the spire: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ … 1610173938
And Infinite spire: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ … 1610128058

I'm not %100 sure what the differences are between infinite spire and replay the spire, but they're the most listed in terms of mods for content etc.
I suspect these sorts of mods will be even more fun when we get access to flavour text too.

The only odd thing I will say, is that for all I look at tactics I am not doing half as well with slay the spire myself as I would've done, indeed I found all the above mods when  doing general research on gameplay to improve my own game.
It seems even when I seem to be making the right decisions, EG picking up body slam and shrug it off and using max block tactics, I still seem to end up getting killed, indeed in that game I lost to the cultist on floor 7 of the first act, so when I'd barely started.

How much of this is random roguelike luck, how much my  crappy tactics I'm not sure big_smile.

Still, I want to get through with the ironclad first before I try mastering another character but I do wonder if I'm missing something.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-29 18:10:37

OK, Dark, i will check them out.
Oh my holy lord of the rings!
I just tryed out downfall for a moment. Four additional characters and a different mode to play. similar to what you have mentioned.
Realy! Thats so absolutely phantastic!
But we realy need some sighted assistance to verify if there are unaccessible parts.

2020-06-29 18:15:02 (edited by arceus 2020-06-29 18:15:57)

hey
I tried restarting steam and installing/uninstalling the game... yet nothing has changed. the same error as the one i posted above
Any help? i really would like to play this and i'm too excited for it to make a refund. i hope someone can help me fix it.

2020-06-29 18:25:40

hey Firefly! i've started to experiment with the mods as well, and downfall is really awesome and full of content. i'm playing with the guardian and it seems really balanced.
i've killed the first boss and will check out the jungle, i'm curious!!
I just wish i could configure the mods to play against the main characters as bosses as well, so you could play against the ironclad, silent, etc.
well, peraps in the future it might be doable.
there seem to be many other character mods that work, such as sayiajin, marissa, a poker player that i'm still not sure how to understand his mechanics, but endless possibilitys and replay value.
dark, there's luck involved, but the game is meant to be cruel at times, and keep in mind this is ascension zero, and there are 20 in total, sounds like a nightmare if you read about it, lol

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-29 19:49:21

so  I did an awesome fight, I was on act 2 and I was on floor 8. I finished floor  8 fight with like 10 hp out of 59 (I had gotten bite + cards from the vampires). Then I finished floor 9 with like 5 hp and i found another monster and I thought for sure I was dead. However by a stroke of luck and cards with double play and a set of powers and potions I managed to win that one too. In  the end I was killed on floor 5 of act 3.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-06-30 00:05:34

@arceus download this file and extract it. then puth the file on the game folder. that will work. I have tested this for a friend and worked.
https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/? … ws-x64.zip

Sorry for my english

2020-06-30 00:23:43

@388 I'm super grateful!it works perfectly, you made my day! thanks, thanks lots!

2020-06-30 03:40:57

No problem. Enjoy. smile

Sorry for my english

2020-06-30 08:01:30

Is daily climb realy working? I just had problems with the nummeric choices.
Or maybe i spoiled something with my mods?

2020-06-30 08:57:48

@Oriol, glad to know I'm not the only person who hasn't utterly conquered this game yet big_smile.

2020-06-30 10:36:22

Hi, how do you save your game? I was told the game would autosave for me, but it didn't. I played as the ironclad until I died, and unlocked the silent one or whatever that second class is called. When I left the game and came back later, that class was locked again.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-06-30 11:22:37

@391
I’ve experiensed this too. Restarting the game and typing continue usually fixes the issue

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2020-06-30 18:27:29

Hurrah, 2x9, and that was an elite with only 10 hp left.
Juggernaut rules!

Nice to know I'm getting a wee bit further and seeing more of the cards and relics.

2020-06-30 22:42:15

@Dark why haven't you tried any of the other characters yet?  After you beat Ironclad you still have to beat it 20 more times! smile

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2020-06-30 22:49:32

are there any other accesible mods we can get? for example, he one @firefly82 said about
you reach a fork in the spire. to the left are many buildings, amd to your right you see may vines.
I'm curious about it. also, are there mods wich bring some flavour text, for example text for enemies attacking you?

2020-07-01 01:37:00

Downfall is decently accessible, though I haven't actually tried the downfall mode yet.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2020-07-01 02:07:46 (edited by brad 2020-07-01 06:30:18)

I'm going to try this game on steme, I tried it on gog but steme might be better.

It really sounds like my kind of thing.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-07-01 05:01:39 (edited by brad 2020-07-01 06:30:50)

I'm playing this game and it is amazing!

once you get the hang of how it works, you can have tuns of fun with this game!

I died at the boss for ironclad but it was so fun!

I'm gone for real :)