2020-06-29 13:02:37

Hi
As the subject says, I would appreciate it if anyone knows how to make talkback use the main media volume of my phone rather than this annoying separate accessibility volume
I've had to revert back to using talkback because Csr doesn't support tuch typing on my samsung keyboard cover
Thanks in advance

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2020-06-29 13:52:49

I wish that was a thing, but sadly it is not. I switched to commentary for that thing alone

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-06-29 15:15:30

I, as well, switched to Commentary for that reason.

2020-06-29 16:20:23

I prefer separate accessibility volume. Makes it far easier to have some music playing at low volume in background and use talkback at normal volume. I know that CSR also has a way to use separate volume than media volume.

2020-06-29 16:37:35

YEah, I don't know why you'd want that. Having separate media volume makes it so you can play your media at whatever volume you'd like without having to worry about audioducking. Would be a step backward to remove it in my opinion.

2020-06-29 16:45:18

Yeah. i love the fact that we can have accessibility volume sepperated from media volume. but to get to the point, no. sadly i don't know of a way to achieve this. maby if you get an older version of talkback somewhere?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-06-29 17:22:00

The reason is that it's annoying and awkward to go change 2 separate volumes if you want them level
For example I was using audex the other day and I couldn't get comfortable because either the speech was to loud or the sounds because they use different volumes
In my opinion having one media volume for your (media) sounds logical rather than have 2 or more volumes just for the sake of separating accessibility

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2020-06-29 17:34:01

I do like having to volumes when it comes to the media and accessibility volume and everytime I tried commentary it does not work like how I expect the thing to work and I also don't trust Chinese software much and who knows what data is being sent to a Chinese server.

2020-06-29 17:41:16

That's not a talkback problem, that's an android problem. You should know the volume situation isn't all that great to begin with. The exact same issue when dealing with ringer and media volume before accessibility volume was introduced. TAke it up with the google disability support team so they can possibly inform the Android developers. If they don't know, then it's never gonna get fixed.

2020-06-29 17:44:37

To address some thoughts. CSR indeed has a function to use the accessibility volume separately, which I have switched to.
Yeah, I don't even use Audex anymore. It's unsupported and CSR has built-in equivalents anyway.
Well, it's either use CSR, with the potential of unknown data locations but a far more pleasant experience, or use TalkBack wich you may feel safer at the expense of a far less desirable experience.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-06-29 21:57:42

@10, but TalkBack has been improving a lot recently

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2020-06-30 00:06:14

@rwbeardjr, I never said it hasn't. CSR is improving even more rapid, and is constantly ahead of TB in terms of functionality, innovation for mobile screen readers, ETC. It's on the cutting edge, and the best Android users get if privacy isn't a concern enough to try it out.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.