2020-06-28 05:09:17

If it was as simple as browsing the web, done...
I wish, really wish that was the case, but you have to browse the web heavily on your phone before you can tell me that it works well on Android. A huge page will make Talkback lag, while VO deals with them perfectly fine. I can of course give examples, but from the latest Chrome 83 changelog I heard that it's supposed to improve Talkback's performance on larger pages, so if this is finally the case it's a huge improvement. Just as I'm looking forward to iOS 14, I'm equally looking forward to Android 11 and seeing what progress will be made.

2020-06-28 20:03:05

While I was banned from the forums I used my android device to browse the forums, and in certain regards it was quicker and less hassel than my iPhone. Mainly the router, which takes me a good few minutes to actually get to which one I want to get to, where as with my Samsung, I could just swipe up or down with 3 fingers and get to the headings section in seconds. As for heavy reading, I read through a page with a good few lines well, with multiple headings and landmarks and it worked fine. From the sounds of it you're on a phone with talkback, as aposed to my Samsung, which as Haily said is the most comparable to Apple. Google always has been behind the curve when it comes to mobile devices. From the first phone they made to the Nexus line, to even the Pixel series, which to some folks are disappointments.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-06-28 20:46:04

That's your choice of configuration. My voiceover takes only one swipe of 3 fingers to the left or right to go to the previous or next heading. Doesn't get any faster. You can also make your Rotor a lot less cluttered and remap the gestures you use to access it, but ever since iOS 13 I don't need it for web navigation at all.

2020-06-28 21:54:11

Yeah. I've personally never had a problem with the rotor at all.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion