2020-06-27 12:17:47

Hey all!

I vould use twitch.tw website?
Example: look at the videos, and streaming videogame.

I saw on the Audiogames forum, that Liam Erven, a Super Liam audiogame creator, is play a popular The Last of us 2 game.
So I was mind that I ask on this forum.
Is it possible use Twitch portal on totaly blind?

2020-06-27 14:08:29

The Twitch website is very accessible. The chat works great. Even the twitch app for iPhone gets better.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2020-06-27 15:16:40

Yes you can. Both on the site and via mobile app. One tip I have for you on the site  though. This will stop the player from vanishing from time to time. When you load a page, collapse the chat, then find the player and go into settings, enter that dialog, go to advanced, then uncheck where it says mini player. Once done, the mini player will not be allowed to pop up, and the screen reader will always be able to find the player controls. Also, as Twitch chat is kind of buggy in that it reads from the top down when any new message comes in, and having three or more badges read out for every person gets redundant, I highly recommend this site and applet. I don't know who Bradley Renshaw is, but major major kudos for making this thing, it's lit.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-06-27 16:15:12

@ironcross32
What is this thing you linked to exactly? How does it work?

2020-06-27 17:36:22

It’s a step by step guide on how to use Twitch from a blind perspective. @3 thanks for this one!!! I saved this guide for myself!!!

2020-06-27 17:40:12

Does anyone use Twitch in Android? It's almost accessible a part from navigating in the videos and controlling them like, for example, rewinding or fastforwarding. Is there an android app for viewing twitch videos like the youtube app that's very accessible? Thanks for your help, as allways!

Claudio

2020-06-27 17:48:41

There's a guide there, but it's an applet. You put your twitch username in the box and a list of channels you want to connect to. You need to generate an oauth token, and put that in the password box. When you do that, you hit connect and you'll hear TTS announce all chat messages that come in. You can also type chat in the box and send it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-06-27 18:26:42

@6 Was kind of hoping someone here had tips to make Twitch work well under Android, since their app is kind of a dumpster fire. I try using it with my Chromecast, and it very often loses its place such that where I am on my phone and where I am on my Chromecast get out of sync. I've even had it lose connection with the Chromecast, then just start playing on my phone. So I'll pause to take a break, then come back to my phone happily playing away in the background. I like the chat more than I do Youtube's if only because they use a live region, but I wish they'd actually fix their Android app.

2020-06-28 10:59:45

@7. How do you find out the twitch channel/chat you want to connect to? I think its a list of numbers or something.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-06-28 15:34:51

Nah its just their username after

twitch.tv/

. SO if you wanted to connect to Liam's twitch, you'd put liamerven in there. Just check the address bar and copypasta.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-06-29 09:53:15

@10. How about the channels thing? What do I put in there?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-06-29 14:06:17

After you've connected? It should already have one of the channels you put in before you hit log on. If not, put one in, again it's just their user name after / after .tv. Once that's filled in, you can send a message, if it says invalid channel, try to find them on twitch and copy/paste it in.

End racism
End division
Become united