2020-06-26 10:02:13

somebody wake me up when this thing gets uploaded somewhere and there's a link.

:)

2020-06-26 10:23:03

yes

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-06-26 11:00:28

come on, someone find the link i am really excited to try this now loslslslsl

2020-06-26 11:17:07

Is it only optimize for a specific Windows version or what?

2020-06-28 03:12:36

What! Is! This! Please, would someone be so kind to tell us what the hell this thing is?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2020-06-28 17:07:38

@techmaster20, Windows Jen touts to be Windows 10 that is more accessible apparently. It comes packaged as  an MSI that modifies your current installation.
Oh, you were looking for more information? Maybe even a link to test this out? Sorry! You're out'a luck. That's literally all I know.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-06-28 18:12:42 (edited by serrebi 2020-06-28 18:15:49)

I get the feeling that this is for people who are to lazy to learn about what not to do on Github, since they can't even come up with a website. I'm sure you can accomplish 99% of this thing just using popular projects for tweaking win 10.

2020-07-22 13:42:49 (edited by boy 2020-07-22 13:50:45)

Right people, if you're wondering exactly what it is, read on. Note: this is a long post.
The developer and I were both in a computer class, and their was one day when the teacher didn't show up. During this time, the developer decided to mess up the school computers in the classroom. By the end of class, she had made it so you couldn't install or use JAWS, and forced the teacher to use Narrator.
After class, both of us (the developer and I) started what is now Windows Jen. It was first a small program that would just mess with your computer, then we came up with the computerized version of Jen (Voice Assistant as some people call it).
We continued working on the project during open periods of class, and sometimes after school until I decided to turn it into an actual opperating system for computers. The first test version was released back in 2019, when she was only 12. Yes, a version of Windows created by a 12 year old person! The school computers were all running Windows 7, until I pranked my English teacher and installed Windows Jen on his computer when he wasn't in the classroom. He came back into the room, turned on his computer, and got this: "I am Byron! And I am saying, there is a huge, huge problem! You have not run Windows Jen02_setup.msi! Run it! Now!" Hmm, said my English teacher. Windows, Jen? He continued to use his computer. When he tried to turn on JAWS, he got: "I, rule your computer! I am in control! Come back to me, programs!" Then, Windows Jen began to install. Things were going good, until the bell rang.
He asked the actual Jen (not the voice assistant) and I to stay after class and fix his computer, which we did. Surprisingly, we didn't get in trouble. When 1.0 came out, was when the trouble started.
We were supposed to be selling clothes for an event at Perkins. Whenever a student came over to buy some, she also gave them a USB drive with Windows Jen 1.0 on it. Eventually, other students started telling teachers about how Jen and I were giving them free versions of Windows for their computers which already had Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 on them. The teachers didn't believe them, until one of them had to fix a problem with a computer belonging to one of the students who was, let's just say new to Windows Jen. This particular teacher used JAWS, and had installed it on the computer he was about to use. He turned on the computer. Instead of getting the usual Windows 10 sign in screen, he heard the Windows 98 startup sound, then a human's voice said: "enter your password. If you don't have a password, tell me how many times Jen Martin has beaten up her assistant's brother." The teacher didn't say anything. Tell me, said the voice. Ya know I can make you do something for me if you don't tell me your password? The teacher waited until the voice stopped, then entered the password he had set for the student. It was a simple password, not very hard to guess. However, he then heard: "you got a password wrong, now it be too late! Time for the quize." 1: what's 5 plus 2?
7, said the teacher.
Voice: not right, 5 plus 2 equals 9!
2: what do you say when you really, really want me to obey you?
Teacher: Cortana, do, (insert objective here).
Voice Assistant: nope noapy nopies! Answer is: Jennifer do this, Jennifer do that, Jennifer (insert objective here). The developer goes by Jen since their are a lot of Jennifers at Perkins, and I am a computerized version of the developer. The human version of me sometimes says that she wishes that she had a cool name like Bombusect or Parasite Bite, but no. Her parents had to name her Jen.
If you say Jen, I have the option of obeying you. However, if you say Jennifer, I am forced to obey you as long as I can do it. Now, can I go back to working on my term paper?
Teacher: you don't have a term paper, you're a... That version of Windows! Jennifer, tell me who the developer is. Which Jen is it? Student? Teacher?
Voice Assistant: it's, um, I can't tell you! I can't, or she'll get in trouble.
Teacher: I'm her computer teacher, and you will tell me who she is right now!
Voice Assistant: Jen Martin, she is currently in math class...
The teacher called both of us, (Jen and I) and we managed to make the teacher think that the Voice Assistant was a virus.
All the students took Windows Jen off their computers, and went back to 10, 8.1, 8, 7, whatever they had.
So now, here's why you can't have it. The developer said to me after that day's events: "forget this crap, it was all a waste of time. I knew I wouldn't be able to program anything... I'll get in trouble with Microsoft for messing with Windows, and get expelled from Perkins, maybe even VGStorm will call the police because I used the Barren Byron voices. It took me a long time to explain to her that VGStorm was just a small company, and they wouldn't arrest a 12 year old for using some game sounds in a program, as long as she didn't charge for it. Their were more words, but I'm not posting what they were here. The final decision was that she only allowed me to have it as an extension to Windows 10. We both continued to update it, but I can't give it to anyone else do to the rules. Maybe I can post a link to the setup when she gets old enough and understands that when you post something on the forum, your parents or teachers won't see it being downloaded especially if you've modifyed your own computer to make it impossible for parents to put Parental Controls on it. We'll see what happens in 2025, maybe a link will appear. Also, that phone number isn't her number. I don't know wear it goes now, but it's not hers. She's english, not Japanese. That number used to be my old cell phone number.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-07-22 19:49:25

this is fake, most likly

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-07-22 21:13:34

yeah I call shitpost.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-22 21:28:07

So, I call bullshit, cause they're too many things in that post that don't add up for me. How would you force someone to use Narrator instead of JAWS? Why did you even create this in the first place? What were your intentions?
So many questions, so few answers.
I mean, I care about this just as much now than I did before, sooooooo...
So this has gone to a piece of software meant to mess with other students and teachers, to being a helpful piece of software meant to better performance on Windows with a screen reader???

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-07-22 21:45:06

Actually this does explain a lot. It exaplins the silence about the project, and the little to no advertising. Don't underestimate the technical prowess of a few kids playing around, hell this seems harmless compared to some of the shit I've heard - there are people a few years younger than me who are using Cali Linux strictly because of its being identified as a hackers OS (it's Linux, any Linux can be if you want it to) but Cali Linux is aimed at that demographic. THere are people who are child prodigies of technology, and while this is definitely not a super complicated project, it definitely goes a little beyond simple weekend practice project territory.
@Boy: You two would certainly not get sued but unless you replaced the Byron voice with your own or something else I wouldn't go releasing this anyway if I were you. If the sound was ripped out of the game, then that's a problem. If it isn't or was a parody made with either your own voice or someone else's, then it's probably ok. As for messing with Windows, you weren't actually distributing a recompiled windows image, so you're probably off the hook in that department as well, the bigger thing to be concerned about are the assets.

2020-07-22 22:04:43

Remember that she wasn't even 13 when making this program, so I don't know if she really understood what would happen if you used sounds from other games. From what I remember, I actually used my own voice instead of the Byron voices since they're all in one sounds file. About forcing people to use Narrator, simple. Since the teacher didn't know how to turn it off, I just turned it on when the computer was on the password screen. It was Windows 7, so turning off Narrator was much harder.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-07-22 22:42:20

@Boy: That's ok. Just a little yi. Considering you used your own voice and it was a parody project anyway y'all are probably off the hook in that department, maybe the least you might need to do is change the character name if you used Barren Byron's full name, but if you just used Byron you're probably fine, after all that could be any Byron.

2020-07-22 22:48:28 (edited by Ethin 2020-07-22 22:49:25)

Yeah.... I call shitpost too. The voice assistant thing would require programming skills and the ability to interface with a REST API like Wit.ai, along with the ability to interface with audio devices. Maybe you guys/Gen has that skill, maybe you guys don't, but I'm still skeptical -- especially at age twelve. Unless I'm majorly misinterpreting things.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-07-22 23:17:00

I'll take shitpost for 500 please, Alex.

2020-07-23 01:22:01

@Ethin: Either they are freaking technical child child prodigies or the voice assistant is really a joke assistant that cycles through responses like the Skype bots do. It would make a lot of sense then because those wouldn't have to care how you responded.

2020-07-23 01:29:25

I knew it was a blindy drama thing, and doesn't really exist, I mean as a useful thing that people would actually want. Those are the breaks I guess.

2020-07-23 02:10:03

wish it was a thing to help us not a joke

2020-07-23 02:56:17

Like others have said, the default Windows installation is fine. You don't even need NVDA to get up and running anymore since there's this cool thing now that can help you to install NVDA (or JAWS if you swing that way), called Narrator.

2020-07-23 03:36:26

well yeah, i know that but like the other things it suposidly doe.s its a msi not a windows installer. it says it can do other things with out saying what they are. so maybe i dont neeed it but if it does other things besides install nvda then its good

2020-07-23 03:53:09

@92, again, if its using speech recognition than that does require technical skill, both in a programmatic way and in technical knowledge on how to use the particular speech recognition service your using. Overriding the log-in system the way that post 83 implies means that either the user is very skilled with the task scheduler, wrote a system service, or bundled an app as a service some way and allowed that to start at boot. Again, knowledge for the first and third options isn't overly hard to obtain, and knowledge for the second option requires knowledge of the Windows API or .NET platform, but either way, I'm skeptical because all of this knowledge would be hard for a 12-13-year-old to digest and then apply. But that last bit -- about age -- is my opinion. Yes, I know there are child prodigies, and people with photographic memory, but both are extremely rare.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-07-23 04:13:36

@96 Fine, but you've been warned. Don't come crying to us if this thing turns up and you put it on your computer and it fucks everything up.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-23 06:01:07

i never said i would put some random thing on my computer. i am not stupid. i will weight for other peoples ansers about what it is.

2020-07-23 09:20:05

If it ever comes out, I know I would put it onto my win 10 vm because let's be honnest, it sounds like a cool idea, but some things sound like a bit of a stretch.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!