2020-06-24 11:20:46

Yes, cats are soft. I know, but their nales aren't.

2020-06-24 15:20:43 (edited by Nikola 2020-06-24 17:00:08)

@47 um, and that is blind forum specific how? It's the nature of a conversation, if you ever participated in one. When and if we find out more information about this Windows gen thing, when a proper description is posted, the thread will nicely return back.

2020-06-24 16:38:43 (edited by MyDearWatson 2020-06-24 16:39:11)

@52:
Blind forums, I think you're signals are crossed. I never said anything about blind forums.
And I think it's same like CSR screen reader. No website or anything. That too gets criticized for that alot. That's why we've been arguing over 0 information on the product.

2020-06-24 16:40:54

the person that knows a lot about this is boy, but he doesn't post in here i think.

2020-06-24 16:50:01

@MyDearWatson, I could argue CSR is a tad better, as it does have an official FAQ, manual and Telegram group, unless Windows Jen also has similar and we just don't know about it yet.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-06-24 17:01:16

@53 sorry, that was meant to be for @47, and it is now edited to reflect so. This literally can't even be compared to CSR. If I want to find out what it does, it's very easy, a very active Telegram group is around. This, I literally don't even know what it does, other than hey it modifies your installation to do some nice things.

2020-06-24 17:46:57

@nidza07, My point exactly, but maybe Windows Jen will have a Telegram group, and a very active one at that, at some point? I don't even know how long this has been around, but judging by the sudden nature and the fact that very little information can be publicly found, I'll guess this is new.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-06-24 19:29:00 (edited by MyDearWatson 2020-06-24 19:29:23)

@56:
Yes, and I am a part of that teligram group. But, is that very easy to find, and is it normal for any programm or app to just host it on a Telegramm group. Also, Why on earth Chinese version has understandable name "CSR or Commentary", but international version is named jesuo or whatever.
The point is that I can just ignore these annoying things and go do my thing and not at all complain. And that's what I am doing for this Windows Jen too. The difference is that I have been unable to get my hands on this till now, and I am thinking of reaching out to my 1 of Japanese friends. Hope she manages to get it for me.

2020-06-24 19:54:23

Getting an APK file from a telegram group certainly sounds much, much better than calling some random number. I literally never saw an app being offered that way.

2020-06-24 22:06:49 (edited by jack 2020-06-24 22:07:00)

And what makes me sketch about this whole thing is that Boy is quick to mention Windows Jen when it matters little to the conversation, but is mysteriously quiet in that look it up yourself kind of manner when someone rightfully asks what it is and where to get it. The true lack of information beyond hearsay is unsettling. If someone here has the msi or knows a legit way to get it, I will personally see to it that it gets distributed with full transparency, and it *will* be tested on a vm clearing any shaddow of a doubt as to whether it's safe/legitimate or not. Something that actually messes with your windows installation in ways described, disallowing certain programs due to the dev's personal beef with them, and has its own virtual assistant, deserves utmost transparency.

2020-06-24 22:15:46

@MyDearWatson, I don't get what you mean by, "is it normal for any programm or app to just host it on a Telegramm group."
It's a group, you click on the joining link. What else can I say?
I guess I'd say, it's as easy to find as other Telegram group  though this really still travels through word of mouth. Hell, the reason I endorse it is because I had a friend who actually showed me it.
Also, based on your Logic by itself, are you saying Huawei isn't appealing in any other country apart from China because the name isn't memorable on first listen?
@nidza07, Yeah, I mean couldn't you just extract the APK and look at its contens?

2020-06-25 08:43:04

i hope we can still get it somehow at least for testing purposes.

2020-06-25 09:33:20

google was no help i want to know what this is is it voice over for windows or what

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-06-25 10:04:31 (edited by MyDearWatson 2020-06-25 12:55:10)

@61:
And that's why I said that I just ignore these problems. Before CSR, I never downloaded any application or software from a telegram group. I have an understanding that there are all types of people, all types of their own ways of getting things done, and if I really want something, then I better not complain.
The annoying thing that happened here is that a peace of software, which was made for blind people, was not easily available, and before even trying it out, people started saying that it's not safe or it's stupid. And you particularly, did say that it's not safe.

2020-06-25 11:34:01

@MyDearWatson, Well, I'm certainly not saying it's stupid, but I literally don't know anything about this, other than:
It's called Windows Jen
It's made and distributed by a Japanese person

2020-06-25 12:49:39

I know there is also a settings file that makes your win 10 behave abit like jen, I think I've seen it on software informer.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-06-25 13:21:39

i seriously want to try this now lol.

2020-06-25 14:29:12

It seems that I was informed wrong.
There is nothing on software informer about this, sorry guys.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-06-25 14:36:58

If anyone wants to do this, fucking hell, do it in a VM at least. Wear a rubber, even if it's a virtual one.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-06-25 14:46:18

I terribly apologize for paying attention to the security of my system and assuming that everything is unsafe by default, unless it comes from a trusted source. Seriously though, this is how things are. If something heavily modifies your system, without a proper description, nobody should trust it. Before you go screaming again, I did not say this software is unsafe, it's a virus. I am however saying that we do not know whether it is or isn't, and I am certainly not going to be the one blindly running it to find out.

2020-06-25 16:38:30 (edited by MyDearWatson 2020-06-25 16:42:49)

And I think no one is mad enough to run it on their primary machine. Noone is telling anyone to install it, if anything they themselves are asking for the link. So, if anything goes wrong, you know who to blame.

2020-06-25 19:22:03

How do we have 71 posts about a thing, and none of them actually contains what this thing even is? Just people theorizing about it even though literally almost nothing is known? smile
As long as nobody ever actually tries this, we won't know what it does, and going back and forth on it is a fool's errand imho.

2020-06-25 20:12:35

@72:
Exactly what I wanted to say.

2020-06-26 00:06:44

Yeah, no one even knows.
I would like to try it though, probably on a vm.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-06-26 00:07:50

I would also want to take a look at it also, and yes do it in a VM as to not mess wit your computer