2020-06-23 19:14:03 (edited by Jod 2020-06-23 19:14:48)

Hello. I'm not happy with my title of playboy, While it can be very sexist to call a woman a playboy, I do not like it because I despise that kind of people (Not women, the so called playboys and playgirls) and I hate being included in the same group as them. Please, remove this title, or change my title to something less offensive. Thank you. I do not want to delete all my posts or spam the forum.

2020-06-23 19:29:37

This one's going to get out of hand really soon.  and you know it.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-06-23 19:49:10

Yeah, I think the the second post was spot-on. This has the potential to spiral out of control really quickly, and over a mere title designation that has to do nothing with sex or anything given the context of the forum itself. I mean, come on, we're all talking primarily about games here and all the title designations, as far as I can see, are set up within that context. Could they perhaps be better? Sure, of course. There's always room for improvement. Just ignore the title you have a problem with and forget about it. Keep posting and it will change to something else. It is not worth getting worked up over this.

Thumbs up

2020-06-23 19:56:38

And... this needed to be recreated why?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2020-06-23 21:58:02

Lol. After the last one, this just feels like you're being silly. Apologies if you're not.

Thumbs up

2020-06-23 22:39:25

I hope this is just as serious as your outburst and a promise you will leave the forum forever after your topic was deleted.

Thumbs up

2020-06-23 23:20:54

Warning approaching...

Now, while I find Haily's last topic completely and ultimately ridiculous, this is 25 times more ridiculous, and if you were trying to be funny, you just seem meanspiritted and for those in the camp that Haily's dastardly or entitled, you just make yourself look lower than she was. And to an extent she did have some validity.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-06-23 23:23:56

lmfao

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-06-24 01:06:19

OMG...Seriously? @OP, you know for a fact that this will get out of hand. Seeing your post history, i have no doubt of this. *sighs*. Some people never change.

Thumbs up

2020-06-24 01:17:48

Moderation:
Alireza, my first impulse here was actually to ignore this thread entirely, so I thought about it for half an hour or so, and here's the conclusions I've drawn.

1. You used precisely the same title as Haily. This is almost certainly not an accident.

2. You did this publicly even after people freaked out about Haily doing it publicly. This isn't an accident either. Yes, I'm going somewhere with this.

3. You are not claiming that you are being misgendered, and you aren't identifying with anything which makes "playroom playboy" offensive to a core part of you. This means that your objection to the term is tenuous at best. If this was a rank that referenced something like the KKK, or Nazi Germany, or something like that, then I think you'd have something. But in the context it's meant as, "playboy" refers to someone who's rich and leads a lavish lifestyle. Part of a definition I read says the following: "A wealthy man who spends his time enjoying himself, especially one who behaves irresponsibly or has many casual sexual relationships". I can understand not wanting to be referred to this way in a serious context, but does it really offend you, and on what grounds specifically?

4. My strong suspicion here is that this is not being done in good faith. Rather than having a legitimate problem with the term, you simply want to demonstrate, if you are denied, that standards are not universal. You've rocked boats before, as I recall.

Here's the problem though. I said more than once that objections would be handled on a case-by-case basis. And right now, your objection looks more like you're trying to prove a point than an issue of true morality or discomfort on your part. I admit that I may be wrong here, but based on the first two factors I outlined above, I really don't think I am.

As such, I am standing firm at the moment in a decision not to grant you what you are seeking. I reserve the right to change that decision if more information comes to light which actually throws your objection into a more believable, likely context, but right now, there are simply too many indications that you're doing this to prove a point, and I'm not a fool. I'm not going to list out the factors that may cause you to have a legitimate issue here, since that would be too easy and it would take no effort at all for you to latch onto one of them and cling to it to prove your point. Instead, I will leave this thread open in case you want to support your case further.

Before anyone barks up the Haily tree, I want to ask one thing. That situation is over and done. However silly you may think that situation, you made your feelings known already, repeatedly, and at great length. Come to that, so did I. I ask, as an administrator, that we leave that be unless absolutely necessary. If this explodes into more anti-Haily or anti-trans crud, I'll lock the thread. If it gets particularly hostile, I will issue cautions and warnings where they are needed. If this becomes a discussion of what constitutes legitimate grounds for objecting to a forum post, that's a discussion I think we can have.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up +1

2020-06-24 01:30:56

I mean, there's trolling... and then there's this. It's not funny or clever or really anything but just meh.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-06-24 01:48:36 (edited by LordLundin 2020-06-24 01:49:53)

Just change the title for everyone eligible to playroom player. Jesus ...
I'm gonna have a look at the other topic now and then I'll probably want to tear my ears out.
@jayde I mean, he isn't wrong though. If you change the title for one person be prepared to do it for the rest.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

Thumbs up

2020-06-24 01:59:45

Lord. When you think about it, a player is actually worse than a Playboy.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-06-24 02:00:37

@LordLundin, when you have teh two topics together, you have the full context.  Like Jayde, I'm here to listen to whatever may come along where this topic and OP is concerned, but I don't see it coming to much.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-06-24 02:05:16

I think that Jade's own words show exactly why the title didn't need to be changed in the first place.
"in the context it's meant as, "playboy" refers to someone who's rich and leads a lavish lifestyle."
That said, being flexible and willing to work with people is an admirable thing for forum staff, so even if the reason is stupid in my opinion, I think Haily had the same rite as anyone else to bring up something she saw as an issue, and I think that changing only her title was the right move.
Regardless, this topic is moronic and Jade, you fell right into his trap by over explaining your self.  I know you did it for the sake of others, but to be honest, I'm willing to believe that the large majority of people who see this will know right away that it's just a lazy troll anyway.

Thumbs up

2020-06-24 02:17:42 (edited by LordLundin 2020-06-24 02:20:15)

The problem with having problems like this is where do you draw the line?
I can not get behind why Haily would care or want her title changed  ... but neither could Jayde get behind why I would want my title changed. I find the title offensive because tank is big and I have weight problems ... which might seem riddiculous ... but guess what, so did Haily's request.
When you start pandering to one person or group of people, be prepared to treat others the same way, otherwise you just come across as a narrow-minded biggot.
Where do you draw the line? I want this forum to be in swedish because english makes me physically sick, please now now now! All of my examples are riddiculous, but if we're following what's happening in the world currently, the world is a riddiculous place.
Jayde, will you draw the line? Who do you think you are to draw the line?
If you set a limit, are you ready to deal with hatred, not only against yourself but against members you have argued for?
If so, will you listen? Or will you rule with an iron fist based on your own moral judgements, which is what got you into the mess to begin with?
All of this is hypothetical, but I would still like an honest, concrete answer.
Not only does pandering make you have to work harder, but it also divides people. There has to be specific rules for yourself and others to follow.

BTW: I actually do not find tank offensive big_smile
Although it is true I'm overweight that's something I have caused entirely on my own ... people need to be more responsible for their own actions and how the world perceives them.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

Thumbs up

2020-06-24 02:37:09

LordLundin, lines always have to be drawn somewhere. It's a question of where, and why.

I was behind changing Haily's title slightly because 1. it hurts no one, 2. it doesn't give her any extra advantages, 3. she has transitioned from male to female, 4. the world is particularly hard on people transitioning, especially when it comes to misgendering and 5. the effort required to do so was minimal.

Since I said before that we'd consider this on a case-by-case basis, that's what it comes down to. If someone comes to us and seriously has a problem with their title or whatnot, we will analyze the situation and come to a judgment. That means that to some extent, yes, it's subjective, but I, for one, am trying to be as objective as possible. If Alireza comes back in here and presents a cogent argument as to why the idea of a playboy is actually offensive, then that becomes something to consider. I recognize that this was very likely a trolling attempt, and I don't intend to waste two pages arguing in here either.

Thumbs up +1

2020-06-24 03:52:42

@Jayde It was more like an anti troll topic, although I wouldn't mind giving a laugh to those who aren't intelligent enough to understand the point, but I see you got the point.
BTW: Charlie can be a  feminine name too, and try to convince me that Haley (I'm just doing this to prevent the warning, and being called transphobe when I'm not rather, I do not like ridiculous trolls) Did, in fact change their gender with that behavior.
This topic was made for a reason and that wasn't my title change, no, while I really wouldn't want to become a playboy I won't be offended over a title. For those who got the point, it's good for you, now wait until this topic gets closed too. For those who didn't, I like making people happy, and knowing that this topic's closure will bring a smile to your face makes me believe that this topic wasn't useless, But also the fact that it  makes that certain troll who's been doing this for a long time now, and it isn't funny anymore, happy pisses me off.

2020-06-24 05:21:40 (edited by mastodont 2020-06-24 05:22:54)

If I would have been a playroom play boy I would have asked for a change. Heck, the title makes me immagine a wealthy, filthy rich man who spends more time than he should in his playroom, or dungeon if you like playing with innocent girls. What else could a play room mean for grown up men?
Lol excuse me for the rant but I couldn't stop it.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

Thumbs up

2020-06-24 06:52:41

Charlie can be a name for a female, yes, but it's not anywhere near as common.
And it's Haily (H-a-I-l-y). Please make an effort to spell it correctly.

Alireza, you are on the very edge of behaviour that would constitute a warning. This was a straight-up troll attempt. My gut says to warn you anyway, but none of the rules explicitly forbids this sort of foolishness, although they should.

Thumbs up

2020-06-24 08:15:54 (edited by Sovs 2020-06-24 08:16:30)

Are you being told off for spelling her name wrong too now?

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2020-06-24 09:26:02

Nope, not at all. I've just noticed that a couple of people are consistently spelling her name wrong, and it changes the way that name is pronounced via screenreader, so it's quite obvious to me. I thought it bore pointing out. If the only thing Alireza did was spell her name wrong, this thread wouldn't exist and I wouldn't be talking about warnings. He isn't close to a warning because he's spelling her name wrong, whether or not he's doing it on purpose. He's close to a warning because he's implying that Haily is a troll, or so it appears, and so to apparently get one back on her, he's made an entire thread to essentially mock what she brought up in the past.

So what I'm going to do is lock this thread, because it has no further business being open, and take this matter to the staff team. I don't feel comfortable acting further on purely my own initiative. I personally think this behaviour is immature in the extreme and actually merits a warning, but lest I be accused of personal bias, I want some backup here.

For future reference: don't troll, folks.

Thumbs up