2020-06-23 08:39:56 (edited by ambro86 2020-06-23 08:40:51)

Hi, I have a question. I live in Italy, and I am listening to the gameplay. The tts is available only in english or also in other languages? Because, if I read correctly, is only in english. And how works when you have to shoot enemies? Can you hear them with panning sounds?
Thanks.

2020-06-23 08:40:22

Me, I'm in the tunnels. I was a little sad to don't do all things in Seattle (open area) but I'm comeback latter, hope someone will help me.
I don't want advance quicker, this game is too much fantastic!

2020-06-23 09:39:44

@SLJ, have fun, I'd not want to do it again.

A bug I've noticed with the game is that it gets stuck sometimes when using the golden path, so you have to kind of weve around it a little when walking or using the boat.

Also, I want a find me all my arrows button, haha, those things are awesome.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-06-23 18:41:42

At post 76, the TTS for the console as such is available only in English. However, the game itself has tTS for all the languages that it's localized to. Italian seems to be included, so Italian TTS shouldn't be a problem.
At post 77, almost noone can find and do absolutely everything in their first play-through, not even sighted players. That's part of the game's replay value, to come back another time and try to find something you've missed the first time. Other than tweaking the difficulty options, there's usually not much more replay value in games like this.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2020-06-23 22:45:12

I'm in Seattle, just got to the bank. I'm wondering though if there's a way to pull up the name of the things you interact with. There's a part where you need to work with a generator to get power to a gate, but I wouldn't have known that I was plugging in the generator into the gate unless my fiance told me. It'd go a long way towards making the puzzles accessible. Some of the collectables too that were picked up didn't read their names. These are mostly things like the pocket watch that don't have text to read. , but it reads what they are if you go to your collectables inventory. Also, I found out that just because you can't hear an object with the object scan, doesn't mean there's nothing there. You can still press l3 or whatever you have it configured to, and it'll point you in the direction you need to go to find the closest object. It's pretty useful in scavenging up ammo and kits.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2020-06-23 23:13:13

Sorry for doble posting, but someone had asked about navigation earlier. When you press l3 when not in listen mode, the camera will pan in the direction that you need to go, along with playing a little blip to indicate the path you should take to progress the story. However, the camera does not point you directly at this sound, and if you just follow the camera you will run into things. You need to center the sound with the right stick, and then if you drive, ride, or walk  into it, you'll hear a confirmation tone, at which time you can press l3 again to get another queue. This tone will play at distances that are determined by the stretch of ground you are covering. So for instance, if you are on a long straight road, it'll play very far ahead of you. This means you can just press it once, center it, and keep moving so long as you don't mess with the camera. However, if you are on that same road, and it makes a long curve, you'll find yourself pressing the sonar queue more often, because the direction you need to go is changing faster. You can press l3 as many times as you want to hear the sound, but it won't change your camera any more than the first time you did it. If the sound isn't centered, it is possible to ride past it, but you won't hear the confirmation tone. This is only really troublesome when you're running away from zombies. In those situations, I usually swap my controls around so I can mash the sonar button and angle with the right stick at the same time as running.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2020-06-24 08:52:49

Hi
For the last message, it's wrong. Indead, for me, when I use L3, the camera center in the direction of the goal, I don't need to use the right stick to center the camera.

2020-06-24 15:43:00

Your angle changes as you are moving. So if the camera points towards that waypoint, as you move it will change, this is even more so if you're unable to keep the stick completely 100 percent forward facing. If you can, then you're better than I. LOL.

2020-06-24 19:36:00

No.
The camera change only if the option is activate. Me, my camera don't move, it's me who contrôle the camera with the right stick, and when I get L3, the camera point the waypoint.

2020-06-26 05:19:36

The division 2’s TTS is horrible though.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-06-26 16:45:29 (edited by Aron Leppik 2020-06-26 16:46:46)

Okay. I'm ultimately stuck. I have to fight a bloater as Abby and I have enough stuff to beat the thing, but I can't keep my distance from it + if I accidentally don't avoid its charge I get my jaw ripped from my face or get my head smaaashed! any tips? Don't really want to tweak settings right now cause I have a lot of bombs and ammo and guns. I'm pretty certain that I could beat it with the stuff I have.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-06-26 20:34:06

@Aron Leppik:
I had a lot of trouble with this part as well.
Big spoiler...
If you have around 10 shots in your handgun, then just aim, don't go for the headshot it doesn't matter, and then empty all the shots in the damn crazy creatures body. I beat it in this way, and got surprised that the handgun could kill it that easily.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-06-26 20:53:25

Well I have like 20 rifle shots + 6 shotgun shells + 4 pipe bombs and 6 hunting pistol ammo so I guess I could spray and pray.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-06-26 21:39:22

IDK about this game, but in the first one, molotovs worked pretty well against them. especially if you can get them to go through the fire again.

2020-06-26 22:19:10

they do work really well against them, the only problem. I can't craft any because currently I'm playing as Abby and she can only craft pipe bombs.

2020-06-26 23:07:26

That might work but you need to be careful of the gass.

I got to a bloater with Ellie I think, the people kind of sound the same to me, although Ellie does sound tired and scratchy, my uncle is now trying the game and then the console is going back to my cousin but before that I died so many times to that thing that it wasn't fun anymore.

Good luck.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-06-26 23:29:25

if you can keep your distance from that thing then it isn't too dangerous + you should've used a lot of explosives. Are you gonna give the game to your aunt or sell it?

2020-06-27 00:39:37

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I have just reached the 'Seattle day one' chapter and completed the bank.
I'm not so sure this is an open world section like people think it is. As far as I can tell this game is as linear as it gets, which is why this waypoint navigation system works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even know that sighted people would have the freedom to backtrack to previously explored areas?
I'm enjoying myself, and I'm going to start streaming in a couple of days just as soon as I can get some sighted assistance with reconfiguring OBS for the task.
I have died multiple times to most encounters, but that's just because I've been stubbornly refusing to turn on the settings which water down/ alter the behaviour of enemies.
I'm hoping I can get through the game with enemies behaving as they normally would.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2020-06-27 10:46:14 (edited by SLJ 2020-06-27 12:47:56)

@Aron Leppik: Have you passed the part where you were stuck?
@Aron Leppik: Have you passed the part where you were stuck?
@Trajectory: I don't think sighted people can backtrack to previous locations. But, maybe previously locations can be accessed by the chapter screen. I haven't checked up on that yet.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-06-27 12:34:43

For those who are wishing to purchase this game and don't have a console or even a TV, you might be happy to know that you don't need a TV to play. You can have someone help you get the screen reader turned on and the updates for the console, but after that you won't need a TV to play. The controllers have headphone jacks, so you just need a comfortable  pair.

2020-06-27 18:01:31

The game definitely is not necessarily open world. Reviewers have mentioned that as one of the cons of the game. There are big locations, yes, but it's not truly an open world game as you can't backtrack. Chapter selection doesn't count. Not a bad thing, but this game is definitely more linear than open world.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-06-27 18:13:53

Yes, it's nnot realy an open world, but it's a moment int he game, where we can't visite all the things. It's just that I say.

2020-06-27 18:25:32

Chapter select in this kind of game is interesting. Sure it's not an RPG, but you could still have differing amounts of ammo, different upgrades crafted, different skills unlocked etc.
FYI to the person who mentioned the headphones, the audio quality on some controllers is awful. My first controller had a bad USB socket so it wouldn't charge correctly but the headphone jack worked great. I replaced the controller with one which has a correctly sized USB socket, but the headphone jack yields absolutely zero bass. Hopefully you don't get one with that problem, because combat is definitely a lot easier with headphones as it gives you accurate perception of what's around you.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2020-06-27 18:36:48

Gamer95440  Is the real issue not the fact that you can’t get everything but really the fact that you don’t know how to?

2020-06-27 22:03:39

Yeah, these controllers are the ones that came with the console itself, so everything works as expected. If you're going to spend $300 on the console, don't gimp out on a controller LOL