2020-06-21 15:23:33

@50, and you know this how?
I could give 0 craps about it.
now if you excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, i'm going to w3 schools website. waht's that again.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-06-21 15:24:55

Bc. Is disgusting because they make barrels of money off other people's code. And if you tell them it's a clone you get mad. If you talk about any other game you get mad so I dont see your point

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-06-21 15:26:39

The dev's of bc are also racist

_____

2020-06-21 15:41:50

i kinda know who is behind the fd game, and let me tell you guys this, she is eeven wirce then a novice when it comes to coading, as low as a skill can get, but i dont understand why she eeven tryes making money out of this without updating it at all, she really needs to get original

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2020-06-21 15:46:01

@54 lololollolol. it is a she? I thought only mails did the cloning..
this is amusing**

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-06-21 15:49:18

@51 Wow, so you wanna get mad and jump around like a monkey without a banana when it doesn't work for you, but then later on claim not to care about it? Okaaaaaaay then.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-06-21 15:54:13

I won't fight it. I admit I played it for a while. but it is a waste of time. because I just found something to do. that will take up all my time.
pokemon rpg anyone?
anyways, what I am trying to say, is that it looks like there's gonna be a flame wore so I will just try not to make the flames larger because I really really don't like flame wores

2020-06-21 15:58:26

Ok Jamaican mon

_____

2020-06-21 16:06:58

at 55, yes, he is a she, db production is someone called deborah, she cloned this game a year ago, but she was a very bad cloner, never diud she release a real update

So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2020-06-21 16:14:45

Eyy, not trying to make this explode, just calling someone out for being a hypocrite.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-06-21 16:31:03

realie why this topic is stil opened if who posted it banned and link removed

2020-06-21 17:32:02

You realize that you're exacerbating the problem you claim to be unhappy about, right?  If you don't want to see anything else of this thread, don't enter it. All you're doing is just bumping it back to the top again.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-06-21 18:49:26

Okay, so:
In post 16, you try to run the game. This isn't necessarily proof that you want to play it, but it's close enough. Maybe you were just running it to check if it's a clone?
However, you then proceed to take a bunch of steps to try to get it to run including reinstalling the game, twice. Why did you need to take so many steps just to prove it's a clone? OH wait, that's not what you were doing at all, considering that after you do all this shit that's when you jump on the bandwagon. If you were trying to prove it's a clone so that you could put forward concrete evidence, you didn't even do that. So that's why I think you wanted to play it, and now you're just covering your ass for whatever reason. That's how I think I know that.

2020-06-21 19:57:21

agree at 63

2020-06-21 21:24:13

I shouldn't be posting in this topic because it'll just bump it back up, but...
question, what's so wrong with playing clones?
also, you are right. I "did" want to play it.
@op, and everyone else I am sorry.

2020-06-21 21:27:30

@54 The person behind this seams like a fake deborah. I think so because a lot of the credentials don't match. That's most visible on elten.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-06-21 21:48:29

66, Hashtag stupid kids. And Im not gonna put a number sign.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-06-21 21:54:36

67, you don't think telling a group of people, who's brains are scientifically not fully matured and not fully developed that their stupid isn't counterproductive, or just as stupidly childish?

_____

2020-06-21 22:03:41

ok, ok. you don't need to go calling people names, I just asked because I didn't understand. I do now, though.

2020-06-21 23:59:42

@67ahem. Where you refering to my status msg or my actual post?

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-06-22 02:56:07

Gaki_shonen, here's why playing clones is bad.

I hope you can agree that unauthorized forks aren't cool. They're someone using source code they shouldn't have, and either claiming it as their own or just piggy-backing off the success and hard work of someone else. It's especially bad if the clone or unauthorized fork is trying to make money, but it's not great either way. So, even the act of creating and maintaining a game like this isn't cool.

When you play such a game, you are telling that developer that you tacitly support what they're doing. If only one person ever did it, then you wouldn't have much of a game obviously, but for every person who does it, for every person who says "oh well, I'm not really hurting anyone", what you're actually doing is encouraging that dev, or others who like clones, to continue the cycle.

As such, if you play clones, you are part of the problem. Without players, these games would die, and motivation to re-release them over and over would also die. You're encouraging devs to keep cloning. Obviously you aren't forcing them to make the choice, but you're showing them that there's maybe some sort of future in it.

These clones and unauthorized forks are the sort of thing that makes us as a community look awful, which is why we have a blanket ban on them here. Can you seriously not find some other game to play which doesn't encourage people to hurt others? That's what I want you to think about.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-22 04:37:23

I've never found a clone which was actually a good game, the only reason people play them is because of desperation and nostalgia.
I get it, you miss being able to fight each other online, but even at their best they aren't worth much, full of overused sounds, level and item imbalance, lag, server crashes, bad admins and cheaters.
DM/BC was the best I found, and it was still a mess even if it had cool ideas.  Besides, I hate pay to win mechanics.

2020-06-22 07:36:15

I totaly agree with at66

2020-06-22 10:40:10

@65. Because by playing clones you are giving motivation to these cloners who steal source code from hard working devs and dont give credit. Without a playerbase, these cloners wont get anything from cloning.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-06-22 11:40:58

Well ok, but they are getting money for many new expanded and well developed features which they are adding all the time, and there are a lot of them. So doesn't it mean, they have someone who can do something and change more than just the appearance of the game? No, they will not have any legal troubles because none of those ultra power games were big or recognised enough to be copyrighted anywhere. And that's good.

I choose to be happy