2020-06-21 13:38:22

Ok… If someone did allready the open area (Seattle Day one), and if a people understand how to do for the secondaries areas, I will be Happy. Becuase I think that it's the part of the game we can't do it.

2020-06-21 13:44:15

The more I'm playing this game the more I'm loving it. From the very limited resources playing on moderate difficulty to carefully having to plan each situations as opposed to shoot every single enemies. I personally adjusted pretty quickly and I believe the accessibility is top notch.

2020-06-21 13:53:36

Sorry for the double post. @gamer95440, I disagree. Without spoiling anything I was able to find many other places, such as stores and other places to loot items from, so we can definitely do this as well. Make sure to set the Scan Range to 30 meters, and scan for items often. Also, the l3 feature for items is very nice and all, but I tend to prefer using the right stick to center each items and then moving towards them to pick them up when I'm close, especially in smaller places where lots of items are scattered around. Give yourself some time to get used to the system. You also can't expect to find everything in your first playthrough, I've listened to sighted gamers play this game and they missed lots of items that I managed to find.

2020-06-21 14:08:24

Exactly. If you miss something, or die several times trying a certain encounter, it's not as much about accessibility as about first play-through and still learning issues. Every player has these with a new game, even the sighted or just able-bodied ones in general. Well, in many games not being able to accomplish or find absolutely everything on the first try would certainly be because of poorly implemented accessibility or none at all, but it's not the case with this game at all. The more I hear about this, the more I'm convinced so.
Seb, can you please explain more about the difference between using the left and right stick, before I get to play the game in person, probably on Wednesday? Does it work so that the left stick actually moves your playable character and the right stick rotates just the camera, so that you can look around? I mean, if you want to center items directly based on the position of that audio cue during the scan, why not just face them directly with the left stick?
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2020-06-21 14:22:51 (edited by seb 2020-06-21 14:39:18)

Pretty much, the right stick controls the camera. For example, when you scan for enemies or items using Enhanced Listen Mode, pressing l3 will turn the camera towards the closest item or enemy. I personally don't use the right stick much, I only do when the scan for items detects lots of them in small areas. I find that moving towards the sound with your left stick as close to it as possible, then using the right stick to center it works well. This is good for interactables such as cards or things you have to read. When it comes to ammo or parts for example, simply turning Auto Pick-Up on and moving towards it will work. I also think that the scan range should be set to 30, especially if you don't want to miss anything.

2020-06-21 15:25:51

Ah, I see. So basically I got the idea right but didn't realize that actively using the right stick even when playing blind allows for turning in smaller chunks and thus to better center items directly. Thanks a lot for this. There you see, many of the posters in this topic, here's your free movement in an unimaginably complex environment, to an extent I would never have thought could be made possible at all.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2020-06-21 15:29:09

I can't play this game, sad.

2020-06-21 16:04:52

Ok, I will do that, I'm sure that I forgive somethings in the map of Seattle, but I comeback latter, in an other game.
I have a other question. We can chose the range of the scan (I get 30M) but what is mean the time (1 to 5 secs)? Do we find more objects with 5 secs? Or, what do it change?
Thanks

2020-06-21 16:50:03

I'm pretty sure I'll have to give up on the game and give the ps4 back to my cussin quicker than I thought.

Spoilers.

I'm at the part where there's a whole in the roof so Ellie and Dina climb it only to find what sounds like tuns of runners and a clicker, you also have to save Dina from being killed along iwth yourself.

It's doable, I think, but damn is it hard; even with the dificulty set to very light.

End of spoilers.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-06-21 17:25:11

Why give up on three the fans game?

2020-06-21 17:35:06

@mmaslo1124 because this bit seams impossible to get past.

I've tried tried and tried again but can't do it.

2020-06-21 18:59:38

I've done it. It's annoying, but doable.
I'd actually like to go back and replay Chapter 2 to explore more, but I'm not sure if that will mess up my autosave or not.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-06-21 20:10:31

whenever you load a manual save it makes an auto save backup.. I'm not sure if that happens when you load chapters.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-06-21 20:21:44

I'm asking myself a question. Do you think we can make the game 100% (find everything etc ...) and turn the game around, or just do the main story?
I advance in the game, and I find realy this game crasy! I will finish the game, and after I want to do the 100% but I don't know if it's possible to us.

2020-06-21 21:24:05

hi guys
hahahahaha
I bought a playstation 4 for this game now I have to wait one to three working days before i get to playstation 4. my question would be whether playstation accessibility working playstation store?
thanks
I can't wait for this to end up in my hands

2020-06-21 22:17:13

I've tried again and again and again, but I can't get passed this stage, it sucks because I wanted to experience the whole story but I think I'm going to give the ps4 back either this Wednesday or Friday.

I've even put the agme on very light.

There's a point when a game becomes frustrating and not fun anymore.

I hold l1 to run, then press l3 to go in the right direction, tap square as fast as I can, then either I die or Dina dies. I get to the part where Ellie tells dina to keep running but that's as far as I've got.

I think some navigation queues to say if a place is wide open or small would help. I've not searched for items but doubt that would help with this huge swarm of infected.

If only ps4 allowed you to give your save files to someone else, i'm at the point where I'm willing to ask someone else to do it for me.

I don't mind giving up, not really, the game's great and the accessibility is awesome, I just wish I got to shoot the bow.

How do you guys get past this level, help!

2020-06-21 23:17:27 (edited by Chris 2020-06-21 23:27:53)

This sounds really awesome! I hope this pushes Sony to significantly improve their accessibility on the console.
Unfortunately, I won't be purchasing a Playstation for a single game, especially when Sony's commitment to accessibility is shaky at best. I get the feeling the only reason text-to-speech is available in the United States exclusively is because of the CVAA. They're going to have to improve massively before I even consider purchasing the PS 4, 5, or any game console from them. I'd rather purchase the Xbox at this stage because Narrator offers a superior screen reading experience.
Before I get the argument that the Playstation offers more accessible games, I want to point out that I refuse to play anything that isn't 100% accessible to a totally blind person. I don't consider using OCR, memorizing how many times to press a button, or asking someone with vision to help me to be acceptable or fun solutions. If what I've heard about this game is true, this is not necessary. This is how all games and consoles should behave, so hopefully this sets an example and finally gets rid of these lame excuses manufacturers and developers may have when it comes to implementing accessibility. If Apple demonstrated it was possible to make mainstream technology accessible for everyone, and Naughty Dog demonstrated that a video game can be made fully accessible, there's no excuse anymore.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-06-21 23:38:06

@chriss I agree with you. It's not worth buying a ps4 for one game, some people have done it and if it works for them great! But it's not something I'd do.

I'm giving back the ps4 on iether wednesday or friday.

2020-06-22 07:48:48

gamer95440 wrote:

I'm asking myself a question. Do you think we can make the game 100% (find everything etc ...) and turn the game around, or just do the main story?
I advance in the game, and I find realy this game crasy! I will finish the game, and after I want to do the 100% but I don't know if it's possible to us.

Yes, I'm sure that is possible. You can even see on the chapter screen if you have completed everything in the specific chapter, or if you have missed anything.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-06-22 07:56:18

SLJ wrote:
gamer95440 wrote:

Yes, I'm sure that is possible. You can even see on the chapter screen if you have completed everything in the specific chapter, or if you have missed anything.

For Now, I will continue the story. I discovered some sides areas in the Seattle, but I know I forget a lot of things, and I used the objects scan.
I realy think that it's not possible to do all the area Seattle (open area) for now.
My goal is to finish the game at 100%, because it's the best accessible game, but I'm very curious how to do for the open area and few other area or few items are farter for the scan. Maybe an update with more range for the scan will be usefull? I don't know.

2020-06-22 13:15:50 (edited by Tech Geek 2020-06-22 13:17:59)

hi all, i decided to have a bit more of a look into this game and i found this article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53093613
it is a news report, but it tells you both a review from some blind gamers and also explains what could be happen in the future.
i hope this helps.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

2020-06-22 13:22:57

brad don't give back the ps4 yet, I have a sighted friend that could share play with you to get you past that part....

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2020-06-22 13:42:53

Brad if you really want to get past it then put the a.i skill level on survival or something. I myself didn't do that, but that should make things really easy.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-06-22 20:39:41

@smoothgunner, I live in the UK but thanks, I managed to get passed it.

@Aron Leppik, thanks, i managed to get past it.

There's check points for each bit, that's very helpful.

2020-06-23 08:13:25

@brad: I'm glad you did it. I'm at the birthday part, so I haven't seen it yet. But I think I'm close to this part. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen